The Forge Golem: Maldurs x4

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Vondis, Jan 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vondis Member

Are any other guilds having poor luck with The Forge Golan spawning? So far the last two zone clears he has not spawned. Is this a bug or is it intended?
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Gninja mentioned the other day it has a spawn method, and if you knew that could spawn it every time:

What it is, he wouldn't say, but there is something there.
    Neiloch likes this.
  3. Vondis Member

I must have missed him saying that. Thank you!
  4. CodyF86 Member

He was talking about it in eq2wire chat aka where we all go and lurk during work.
  5. Vondis Member

Can something be done about this? My guild is stuck on progression because we cannot get the golem to spawn. This is the stupidest thing ever to have a zone that has a specific kill pattern needed and it not have any hints or anything to show so. Can anyone shed light on how to spawn him?
  6. Grainer Active Member

Those that have killed it, have figured out how to spawn it on their own. Think young grasshopper!
  7. lunteg New Member

никто так и не узнал какие события должны произойти чтобы появился голем?
  8. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

You wouldn't miss much. His loot table is awful. One of the worst out of all T3 raid bosses.
  9. Vasco Active Member

Well since it's so bad, you wouldn't mind sharing the start to spawn him. I'll give u a krono!
  10. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Может и узнали ... но делится не хотят :)
  11. Kioske Well-Known Member

I feel like it's bugged. The method has been explained to me by someone in a guild who has killed it and spawned it, and we still aren't able to get it to spawn. Normally I wouldn't trust outside info, but this person happens to be married to someone in my guild, so I'd imagine he wouldn't keep the secret from his wife ;).

Either way, 3rd time through the zone, still unable to get him to spawn, only thing left attackable in the zone are the eels. Any further insight?
  12. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

We're not entirely sure how his spawn works exactly, I don't believe anyone but Gninja knows, but what we do to consistently spawn him is basically this:

1. Kill trash and Cronnin/Dellmun at the entrance.
    2. Kill trash and Bard boss in that area he's in.
    3. Kill trash and Bereth Mathias.
    4. Kill trash and Kyrus
    5. Follow the waterfall down to floor below and kill trash in that hallway over to the Triplets.
    6. Kill all the trash in that room and then pull the triplets.
    7. Get on the ramp bridge in the middle of that floor and kill all the trash mobs towards the Captains' Room.
    8. Kill the Captains and you will get a Yellow Emote on the chat window that will tell you the Forge Golem has spawned.
    9. Head to the Forge Room, kill the lava sparks and the forge titans WITHOUT stepping on the Forge.
    10. Stand on the forge after everything is dead to make the Forge Golem spawn from the Forge.

This is the way we make him spawn everytime.

We believe it has to do with certain trash mobs that need to be killed before killing Captains, because the emote happens after you kill Captains.
    Eles, Neiloch and DoomDrake like this.
  13. lunteg New Member

мы так делали, не появляется. и весь треш убивали в зоне а потом все имена, то же самое...
  14. Anastaise Active Member

Which Captain did you kill? The Forge Golem has only spawned for us after killing Captain Ashenfell. Our last 2 clears of the zone, we killed Captain Graybeard to try to get the alternate faction and no forge golem either time. We did not receive the yellow message after killing Graybeard. I'm not sure if this is intended or a bug to be honest. The only thing different was which Captain was killed, otherwise everything else was killed in the same order/manner as previous kills where the Forge Golem spawned.
  15. Vondis Member

We have been working on Ashenfell faction so only Greybeard so far.
  16. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

I wonder if it has something to do with first pulling every mob in the zone? Because, you know, "right killing order" to spawn the Golem seems rather strange to me in such a zone.

Can guilds who had luck to spawn him confirm my theory? Had you wiped on some boss and still had the Golem?
  17. Arclite Well-Known Member

This is ridiculous, there needs to be some cues telling us whether we are doing something right to spawn it. In my opinion , this mob should not be on the progression list. Make Kyrus a standard mob and make this a one-shot mob instead.
  18. Amaitae Active Member

and dont forget to swap the loot tables of both
    Neiloch likes this.
  19. Gninja Developer

We (DBG) do not control what is and what isn't on the list for progression. That is up to the progression website admins. We have no plans to change the spawn mechanics of the bosses in the zone.
  20. Neiloch Well-Known Member

You don't need to 1 pull every mob to get the forge golem to spawn.
    It doesn't matter which captain you kill, it only ever spawns IMMEDIATELY AFTER killing a captain though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.