The end of rare poisons

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Rijacki, Jan 17, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Sulas Guest

2. ARCHIVED-Sirlutt Guest

i'm not as worried about the damage as I am the cost. If it costs the same in fuel to make the new stuff as the old, but its only 1 charge then our poisons just got 7x more expensive. I am also worried about the ballance of other classes if we start getting all kinds of poisons to do the same as some of their class defining abilities. Thats not right.
  3. ARCHIVED-ChaosUndivided Guest

What worried me the most wasn't the Damage or Cost. But rather the Class Distinction and Diversity lost. If all the Poisons are the same that is one less thing that seperates an OK ranger from a GREAT ranger. I think if everyone is using Generic_DDPoison01 it gets a bit boring and I like having the option to pay extra for my legendary stuff.

I didn't see Attack Speed Slow on Beghns list, so I guess I will horde 100 Bottles of Horrendous Atrophy before this goes live.
  4. ARCHIVED-Stormhawk Guest

Essence of Turgur: Poison based slow.

There you go :)
  5. ARCHIVED-ChaosUndivided Guest

Yeah I am unsure wether this was an Attack Speed or Run Speed slow. Could be either.
  6. ARCHIVED-Niuan Guest

There is great envy in alot of classes because of what we can do.... To have a passive outlook that sony will take care of us is silly. I say be proud of your class, fight nails and teeth for how you feel your class should go. Your opinion and views is all you have to preserve the forward progress this class has taken.
    So if our damage is reduced indirectly in something that is advertised as purely a tradeskilling "upgrade"... Kick it, Scream it from a mountain that we pay the bills in this game. Don't just roll with the punches...

my 2 cents
  7. ARCHIVED-Teksun Guest

OK, so now I'll be able to carry 20 doses in one backpack slot instead of 7. That sounds good, other than that i'll have to wait and see what the stats are...
  8. ARCHIVED-Bayler_xev Guest

Attack speed. In EQ1, Turgur's Insects was an important shaman spell that slowed mobs' attack speeds.
  9. ARCHIVED-Demlar Guest

Look through the list. There is one new poison that is a Poison based SNARE and one that is a Poison based Slow. Turgor's, the slow one, will be attack speed over movement.
  10. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

I didn't express myself clearly - I never said "Sony will take care of us" or "don't express your concerns." If you seriously think I'm not proud of my class, read the archives in the forum over the past year or so.
    By all means, make your wishes known and provide information to SOE as necessary. Expressing concern is one thing, whining and crying out about stealth nerfs every time there's a change that affects rangers is another. Paying for a subscription only means that you get to play Sony's game on their terms - it doesn't mean that they're in any way obligated to do what we want just b/c we scream about it in a forum.
    Basically, show some pride in our class by displaying a bit of resilience and stoicism. The Chicken Little posts serve absolutely no purpose on this forum.
  11. ARCHIVED-Marcuzs Guest

The combine wont make 1 charge at a time. Beghn said each combine would produce 3 to 10 based on if the combine was crude or pristine.
  12. ARCHIVED-Gailstryder Guest

Kaeros you forget that there is only so many of us that actually weathered the whole last year and so many months. Most of the new rangers have no idea what it was like before LU13 and imho that's where we'll see the most whiners. I'm not worried about the alchy/poison change, I look forward to it. And was that Khalan I saw back there somewhere hehe woot whats up!
  13. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

Hehe aye Khalan's back, woot! :D
    But yeah, I hear ya Rhanin... thought that after I posted, it's clear that so many people now *expect* to be as powerful as LU13 made us, when I'm still in the mindset of the 8 months previous to that, so I'm just thankful for what we have. This change to poisons isn't even in the game yet, the TS Dev is changing his mind from one day to the next, and it just saddens me to see people (admittedly a small minority, praise be) getting so dramatic over something that isn't even close to implementation. (IMO Beghn is kinda creating the problem by posting his ideas and potential changes before they've been fully developed.)
  14. ARCHIVED-brandi7920 Guest

I'm going to have to agree with you, Jay. While I love my Adeste and Phantasmic (never leave home without them), it was not all that long ago that we were low-man on the totem pole(and I never even knew - I was too busy having a ton of fun with my Ranger!). The thing is, I love my Ranger - I don't care about the numbers. I love the play style. While it's fun to take on the harder stuff that I would have run screaming_like_a_little_girl from pre-LU13, my Ranger is still going to be a blast...regardless of my DPS. (why the HECK do I have Diana Ross' 'I will Survive' in my head /runs_screaming)
    One thing I've learned from the only rpg I've ever played (EQ2) is that things change.
    I accept.
  15. ARCHIVED-4lta Guest

All i can say is why the heck dont they fix any of the many bugs instead of nerfing the scouts all the dang time... like the prismatic 2.0 dosent proc off bows and rathers sucks compaired to the 1.0 WTH why cant u do something helpful this poison nerf is gonna suck besides the stackablilty thats all u needed to do in the first place not revamp our allready exspensive DMG and costs of arrows for less dmg and take us off the top tier of dps I hate u soe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. ARCHIVED-Niuan Guest

While the EULA deems that we can expect changes in classes and we should. We don't have to agree with those changes. A more powerful factor even more powerful than the EULA is the bottom line a game makes. Early EQ1 days I believe the Devs had a dream and a purpose and sometimes did things that hurt the bottom line for ideals... This is not MMORG gaming as we see today. All game descisions are made with bottom line in mind. If enough people show a dislike for a change we cannot directly make them change it... but we can indirectly by showing enough people consider this a high importance to thier game enjoyment wether they outright quite or not may effect the bottom line on how many subscriptions eq2 has. While a good number or *old school* rangers have an idealistic attitude that I admire, I believe Sony does not hold these same ideals in kind. In the end someone has to write the report every month to show the bossman how many subscriptions was made and lost and why. I do not think it is right, I do not scream or whine for every peddly change. But I have a voice and will continue to bring it peoples attention when something effects my ingame enjoyment. Because if enough people feel the same way... right or wrong... you will alter the coarse of the development process because bottom line is in jeopardy.

Folks may not have the best means of expressing thier feelings, some may not show constructive critisism on where the game is going. But every poster is expressing thier feelings in some form or another. Power of community and numbers can and will alter where eq2 goes... not that I agree... Its just a fact.
  17. ARCHIVED-Gareorn Guest

Actually Jay, weird as this feels, my opinion is different. I'm glad Beghn posted his thoughts, I just think he did it in the wrong forum. Alchies aren't the ones using the potions/poisons, adventurers are and they are the ones most affect by the proposed changes. And before anyone jumps on me, yes I know that alchies adventure too, but I digress...
    I had only one concern and Beghn gave me some Ranger lovin. My post is on page 8 if I remember correctly. I can see that he is responding to genuine concerns is making adjustments accordingly to his porposed changes.
    I kind of like the proposed changes so far. It'll make me feel more like the Ranger I play in EQ1 with all the possible utilities, and I like that. I mean, face it, right now we have diddley for utility and I don't really care about a slight reduction in DPS. I realize that many of us measure our usefulness only by the amount of DPS we put out, but I've measured my [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] and I'm quite happy with how it serves me.:smileyhappy:
    Uhhh... That last paragraph isn't directed at you Jay or to anyone else specifically. I'm generalizing and trying to be somewhat humorous. I agree with you that the drama is a little premature. Look at how many people cancelled their accounts after LU13 becuase they couldn't kite anymore. I sometimes wonder how many realized their mistake after reading the forums and quietly came crawling back.
  18. ARCHIVED-ChaosUndivided Guest

I was never gone :smileywink:
    But on topic, Yes I think the removal of Rare Poisons/Potions was a bad idea, no it wasn't the end of the world, Yes I'm exstatic they are staying in game.
    Too many people forget how far we have come as a class and only think about the now.
    Will there be Nerfs in the Future? You can count on it.
    Will we loose DPS, Yup.
    Will we move on and keep rallying for game balance for all classes, [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] right.
    People need to understand that no ONE thing makes rangers such an awesome class, it is a Combination of things and as will all things sometimes balance is required.
    I won't lie, I have used common T6 once ever, and otherwise I only use legendary, diversity is good and looks like what we will be getting is just that, I can't wait. Thankfully Beghn listened to his playerbase and has seen some sense.
  19. ARCHIVED-Sulas Guest

edit: nevermind
    Message Edited by Sulas on 01-20-200612:14 PM
  20. ARCHIVED-Demlar Guest

You weren't gone? Then where did you get to? I haven't seen you in game in awhile. Miss bsing with you and having you in that chat channel. Need someone else to pick on Sab with me.