The end of rare poisons

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Rijacki, Jan 17, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

I thought you should know. Because there isn't a scout forum any more, I will be posting this to the 4 relevant forums. This is not intended as spam.

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=a13&message.id=8643

2. ARCHIVED-Fennir Guest

sucks, but this is again gonna hit the other scouts a lot harder than us.
  3. ARCHIVED-Stormhawk Guest

Hmmm..... I'll hold off til we see the final details. While the damage hit is gonna suck, I wonder what we are gonna see on the debuff poisons.
    Message Edited by Stormhawk on 01-17-200609:46 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-snack-machine Guest

I was wondering Fennir....why would this hit other scouts harder than us? I use rare poisons constantly and it appears as if they contribute singnificantly to my DPS.
  5. ARCHIVED-Fennir Guest

i use them constantly too, but we still proc a ton more cuz we dont melee, they are forced to...

our damage will definitely take a hit, but we can handle it...
    Message Edited by Fennir on 01-18-200601:19 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-snack-machine Guest

Some of us solo, so we do melee. I count on the rare poison procs to lower the health of the mob before it reaches me as well as once engaged in melee. I don't see this as anything but a nerf for us. Depending upon your style of play and how much you enjoy the game.....many can handle it, I just don't like it at all because it will effect my DPS which will effect my ability to accomplish the things I need to (especially when solo).
  7. ARCHIVED-Fennir Guest

shrug.

read the list of poisons. we may be losing a little damage, but we are gaining other things...

lifetap poison? hate reduction poison? sounds awesome to me, i'm honestly looking forward to this change.
  8. ARCHIVED-snack-machine Guest

Hate reduction poison! That is good news! I can save money by not buying it since I won't be as concerned about hate reduction when they remove rare poisons from the game :)
    Not trying to start any flaming here at all...just a little humor.
    PLEASE - I need my rare poison (sorry, I'm addicted).
  9. ARCHIVED-Siphar Guest

stealth scout nerf yet again....

1st: Stream of arrows nerf'd to require distance - but maybe this was a little over powered.
    2nd: Damage from Ranger offensive lowered, % remains constant.
    3rd: No more proc on off hand procs form poison
    4th: Now.... Lowered damage on poisons- no more Rare (perhaps off set by more debuff, but going to require more resources to achieve same effect)
    5th: What next? Probably remove our bows.... well they have only added one T6 fabled bow in DoF which is inferior anyway.

/sigh
    Message Edited by Siphar on 01-17-200611:55 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-Nuladen Guest

You forgot the mob run speed increase ;)

I don't see the problem with this, the only time I tend to use Legendary poisons is when trying to solo things that I probably shouldn't be soloing in the first place, granted they can be a big help in a tough fight when grouped too but I generally use normal stuff otherwise I find all I'm doing is making it that much easier to grab agro. Legendary high damage poisons are just a power useage reducer in a group and with my power pool I don't need them.
    Maybe I need to find a better tank :)

RE your comment on Stream of Arrows. So it requires a little distance, if you haven't worked out how to use it when soloing yet send me a pm.

Nul.
  11. ARCHIVED-GoNomar Guest

Why PM? Just explain so all Ranja's can benfit from it
  12. ARCHIVED-Nuladen Guest

Why? because it was early and I didn't have time to post it :)

Anyway...

All you need to do is cheap shot mob and move away immediately, as soon as your Stream of Arrows button lights up hit it, you'll know if it's taken as you get rooted. Job done, it's not rocket science and doesn't require a lot of space although there are some places that make it hard to do. If you're having problems then make a macro to turn off autoattack after cheap shot and snare the mob before hitting it too.

The two second stun is more than enough time to get far enough away to use Stream of Arrows.

Nul.
  13. ARCHIVED-King Leoric Guest

Well,,,,, For one, if we take a dmg hit on poions it's a huge friggin deal. Poisons make up for 30 - 40 % of our dmg. I alwasy use adestes, and if I cant happen to get any I use ravaging disruption and that makes a huge difference while raiding. Lowers DPS by a couple hundred if not more. Hopefully they will up the dmg on the non rare poisons than.

Leoric
    Level 60 ranger
  14. ARCHIVED-Lysanthir Ahmquissar Guest

As a soloer poison makes up a massive proportion of my DPS as I eventually hit melee unlike most grouped rangers (unless they get stupid and get aggro). I run a trio of scholars and discount significantly on Ad3's to keep the loam so I have a ready supply of poisons. In fact I actually use Adeste Disruption and Bite of the Shissar all the time I hunt because it gets critical to do as much damage as possible before whatever I am targetting reaches me. If I am over-reaching myself - say on a quest - the Cajoling Whispers gets tossed in as my "Effect" poison. A lot of the replacement poisons seem to have minimal use to the soloer - hate reduction??? Mmmh. Beghn hasn't so far replied to any post that asked about the stacking either.
    That said Beghn has already said he has adjusted/re-written the proposed change and will announce more details today so things may have improved.
  15. ARCHIVED-Tevf Guest

I surely wont scream and jump untill I see the specific stats on each poison, maybe it aint all bad.
  16. ARCHIVED-Sollum Guest

Might look good, but what will stack with what - if at all. Using High DD against a mob, you get clobbered - "Oh ang on monster, just gonna switch over to Life tap. Give me a sec! "
  17. ARCHIVED-Niuan Guest

granted numbers have not been shared... I would imagine that this would slash DPS potential of our class. Speak up voice an opinion, or we may be gimped back to second or even third tier dps.
  18. ARCHIVED-Sirlutt Guest

I want to see the stats on the too, I think I'll survive with a little less damage, hell i solo with non legendary all the time, so I think we will be ok.

What I want them to not do, is start adding a bunch of poisons/potions that duplicate the abilities of other classes. Image a group of 6, tank, healer and 4 scouts, all with a DD poison and a different "utility" poison (stun, mezz, fear, lifetap say) .. why would you put in a caster?.. got all your utility covered. Need to change utility?.. NP put up a new poison. I think that would be bad for us, and other classes.

I'm open minded, sort of. I'm apprehensive that it will result in a huge DPS nerf for us. I like being able to do some nice damage. I hope they deont nerf rangers, but instead upgrade the other classes.
  19. ARCHIVED-nimbus2kgold Guest

Ok.. deep breath... I havent seen any specific numbers on what these "new" poisions will do so im not going to panic... yet.

I always have Shissar and Adestes up... always. If it is a slight nerf, im ok, like if a poision that did 300 pnts now does 285... i can live with that. But if what did 300 now does 100... well, i have issues.

Im also wondering what "single charge items" means. Is it you only get one poison charge per vial rather than 7? And if so is the timeline ( proc/hours ) going to change to reflect that? Its going to get very very expensive if i have a poision vial that still costs 7g that only lasts for 200 procs instead of 1400 ( 200 proc x 7 charges).

I do like that they will be stackable now though. Thats going to clear up alot of bank and bag space ;-)

Please Dev's... i beg you.. dont nerf it too bad.
  20. ARCHIVED-Marcuzs Guest

Actually you have it backwards. We will get hit alot harder than any other class. The percentage of our damage from poisons is alot higher than any other class. So any decrease in damage to poisons will hit us the hardest. But no point in getting worked up over something we don't have all the info for. Just might want to stock up on Adeste's before the change to be safe, since current poisons already made will not change.