T10 Harvesting bugged

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Prrasha, Apr 18, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-AshburyA Guest

Me too!
    24 Sapphires 4 Osmium!!!
  2. ARCHIVED-Leawyn Guest

Either I'm ridiculously lucky, or things have been adjusted. I have harvested 1 black star sapphire and 3 osmiums since Thursday's update. Just casually harvesting while questing.
  3. ARCHIVED-Solarax Guest

Maewyn@Unrest_old wrote:
    you definately dont play on one of the euro servers then
  4. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Meirril wrote:
    Such an easy solution. In fact they could do even better they could generate a report that shows the total number of each harvested on each server and see it clearly, come here and acknowledge that it is in fact not working properly (BECAUSE IT ISN'T despite the previous 2 posts that compare 1 or 2 osmiums to less than 4 star sapphires)
    Over the weekind while working on the WL questlines (those that were not STILL bugged) I did some more testing harvesting as I did the quests.
    13 star sapphires - 2 Osmium Clusters
    In all I have harvested 31 star sapphires to 5 osmium clusters, granted alone this is a pretty small sample size but with ALL of the other posts in this thread (the 2 completely irrelevant extremely small samples tossed aside) it is clear that there is a problem, a problem which has not been acknoledged here, and being used to whatever Domino did or didn't do is meaningless at this point. I don't know, nor do I really care WHO the TS dev is at this point, the fact that they have ignored this thread clearly demonstrates they are doing it wrong.
    Windstalker -Last Online: 03/19/2012 14:57:08
    Of course when you got a stellar performer such as this setting the bar you wouldn't expect a lot more.
    How long exactly do you think this problem will be allowed to fester?
  5. ARCHIVED-Wurm Guest

Hordolin Awanagin wrote:
    You got lucky
    I used the entire 6 hours of a potion, 16 sapphires 0 Osmium
    This is still broken.
  6. ARCHIVED-Leawyn Guest

Lempo@Everfrost wrote:
    Why exactly is my post irrelevant? I didn't say it was all fixed, I explicitly said I might have just been extremely lucky, but my "sample" while not as awesome as yours, was still a sample and shouldn't be disregarded completely just because it doesn't jive with yours. I was harvesting on a toon in adventure gear with little harvesting bonuses (just a compact harvesting kit), and did not see the OBVIOUS slant that everyone else saw. If I had gotten 1 osmium and 3 star sapphires, I wouldn't have bothered to post, but because it was the opposite of that, I felt it was significant enough to have other people check their rates since the last update. Now that you've so rudely pointed out that my post was insignificant and didn't count, I thank you for confirming that the imbalance is still there, so hopefully the devs will take a look at it.
  7. ARCHIVED-Wurm Guest

Maewyn@Unrest_old wrote:
    I don't think he was being rude at all. The whole "I might have been lucky OR THEY FIXED IT" statement, serves to muddy the issue.
    Sure everyone gets a streak of RNG luck once in a while, but as quickly as rumors get accepted as fact at a internet forum even suggesting that the disparity might have been fixed (without patch notes!) is doing everyone a disservice, including yourself.
  8. ARCHIVED-S1lence2 Guest

End tier raiding toons MUST upgrade their spells to keep up with progression and in the past this has made some dedicated crafters some very fast plat as everyone scrambles to get their expert spells.
    Now, with research potions available there's an option to go directly to Master without ever doing business with a Scholar however if you do the math it's just plain smart business for SOE to have a bugged spawn rate for Osmium.
    Research potions from Apprentice to master $14.00
    Research potions from Expert to Master 7.00
    Any business with total control over a resource is going to maximize profits first. And most likely in the long run it's going to improve the end product via increased revenues. There wil be some dramatic threads about it in forums for a while and then the next topic will come along and this will all be forgotten.
  9. ARCHIVED-Wurm Guest

Muusic@Venekor wrote:
    If this was the case they would have made the Sapphires harder to get since more people need them.
  10. ARCHIVED-arthemis1er Guest

4 hours harvesting of Freeport last satursday with bountifull harvest cloak, rare harvest chance potion, rare harvest AA and bountifull harvest AA maxed out : 24 star sapphire, 2 osmium... (and i felt i was lucky compared to another harvester who go only one with several character in a week)
  11. ARCHIVED-bks6721 Guest

Using all harvesting items on my Wizard, (horse, ring, cloak, aa's, potion) I harvested for the full duration of a 6hr potion. 12 Black Stars, 0 Osmium. I was disgusted to say the least so I /camped to my SK to continue his WL quests. In the next 30 minutes he got 3 Osmium Clusters while questing and only randomly harvesting nodes that I happened across. I'll add that he has no harvesting items, aa's and barely had enough skill to even harvest in the zone. This really makes me question if ANY of the harvesting tools, aa's ect actually have any meaningful effect at all.
  12. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

It almost sounds like the bountiful harvest and other harvesting helpers throw you into a different loot table that has no osmium in the loot table.
    Edit: We should test this....see if you get more osmium without any boosts to harvesting.
  13. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Katz wrote:
    I remember debating this when bountiful harvest first came out as a Shadow Odyssey AA. I always felt it hindered chances at getting rares, as you could get 10 of one harvest with no rare. I don't think they ever fixed that.
  14. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Maewyn@Unrest_old wrote:
    Of the 13 star sapphires and 2 osmium clusters I harvested since my original post the first 8 of the sapphires came without an osmium in between. If I didn't include them it would have been 3 and 2, in fact the osmiums were seperated by 1 star sapphire. I even stated that my total 31/5 was a pretty small sample size and without other supporting data here wouldn't mean much. I could arbitrarily pick any window of 5 rare harvests that included an osmium and it would look better than all posts that have a REASONABLE sample size, that is why your post was irrelevant, combine it with the previous 15 rares that came from those nodes. I could have used a 10 to 1 window for my post, or I could have used an 8 to 0 window, both would have been unfair, unreasonable and biased to make the problem look worse than it is, your post did just the opposite (which I doubt was your intent) and that is why I say it was irrelevant. Has that became a taboo word now in this wack world of PC? Really?
  15. ARCHIVED-Angus Podgorny Guest

Katz wrote:
    Another test I want to try is checking other two-rare nodes with +rare% modifiers. I never noticed a significant disparity in any of the previous tiers, but +rare% also didn't exist then. (Or at least I never had any.)

This would at least help narrow down which of the competing theories is more likely: 1) that there's an error in the table(s), with osmium being assigned an incorrect percentage, or 2) that there's an error in the way that +rare% is being applied. If previous tiers start getting skewed, I'd think 2 is more likely. (Unfortunately it would also be a lot more complicated for SOE to fix, but that's why they're paid the big bucks.)

Mostly I'm too lazy to go harvest a statistically relevant number of osmiums. I would want at least 10, and my guess is that would take me about 8 hours. High-density, no-aggro harvesting like the KoS drake isle or the RoK spider caves would get a large number of results faster.
  16. ARCHIVED-Wurm Guest

Katz wrote:
    Then none of us using those items would get any Osmium at all and we are.
    And just for S&G I just went harvesting with no boost for 3 hours: 7 sapphire and 0 Osmium.
    Its a bug.
  17. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Hendi@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I bet it would take you a minimum of 16 IF you were lucky...
  18. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

Wurm wrote:
    Check out "the technical bit" at this link
    Sure it would be a bug but what if it is the bonus loot table that is bugged? Wearing the gear that increases your opportunity for the bonus loot table would increase your chance of experiencing the bug. Just a thought.
  19. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

Deveryn@Crushbone wrote:
    This has been fixed.
  20. ARCHIVED-Wurm Guest

Katz wrote:
    Why would there even be a "bonus" table with no rares? Somewhere at SOE someone made an honest mistake and it needs to be fixed.