T10 Harvesting bugged

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Prrasha, Apr 18, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Prrasha Guest

Going into the third week of release, and not a word.
    Harvesting "Expert" spell rares for fighters and mages is broken. Please fix.
    (Debug idea for devs: You might try setting your "rare harvest chance" to 100% and seeing what you get when you hit an osmium/black star sapphire node... I bet all your "free" ones are sapphires.)
  2. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

From what I've seen it's definitely the "rare harvest chance" that's messed up and swinging things.
    When harvesting without it a week or so ago I had around the same number of black star sapphires and osmium clusters.
    Today harvesting with 3% rare harvest chance I have all star sapphires and haven't stumbled across an osmium cluster. By watching your chat box where the harvest lines go you can easily tell when its triggering vs a normal pull; every time I've seen it trigger (out of about 10 triggers on stone nodes) it's given a black star sapphire; not once have I seen it give an osmium cluster.
    Since this rare harvest chance dramatically increases how fast you gather rares the fact it's not returning osmium easily explains the difference that folks are seeing and the subsequent difference in market price.
  3. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

Pauly@Befallen wrote:
    That's an interesing question. When I harvested on Test I got as many Osmium as Saphires but I had dropped my Tradeskills AA and harvest gear because I was really undergeared for the zone. It could also be that the broken harvesting rate was implemented later as I mostly harvested at the start of the testing phase.
    Could be that the bonus table doesn't have Osmium in it, so as we're hitting the bonus table more often with gear, we drop mostly Saphire
  4. ARCHIVED-Wurm Guest

I sent a tell to a certain red-name and he replied that he would have the team look into it. Maybe all is not lost.
  5. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

We can only hope.
    I tried again to go out harvesting, this time around I got two Osmiums to 29 sapphires o_O I felt lucky. Please fix this issue.
  6. ARCHIVED-Tylia Guest

5 hours harvesting last night netted me 12 black star sapphire and 3 osmium cluster. I also ended up with 6 tungsten ore, 1 rare wood and 2 rare root.
    I was riding the pack unicorn, wearing the earring of solstice and harvest cloak, had used a potion of bountiful harvest, and had switched to an AA spec that had Trim Reaver (I think that's what it's called).
  7. ARCHIVED-Leawyn Guest

Harvested last night for a little bit, and this morning for a little bit, and got 3 star sapphires and 2 osmium. That brings my totals to (I think) 9 sapphires to 6 osmium. Using no gear except the tradeskill cloak that lets you fly in WL.
  8. ARCHIVED-Prrasha Guest

So between Maewyn and Whilhelmina's data that the harvest rate is reasonably balanced without gear and bonuses, and Barx and my data (among others) that it's very skewed with gear, it almost has to be the "rare harvest chance"/Trim Reaver effects giving only sapphires.
    To expand on what Barx said above: "By watching your chat box where the harvest lines go you can easily tell when its triggering vs a normal pull"...
    The order of messages when harvesting is:
    - "bountiful harvest" message, if it triggered
    - bonus rare result, if it triggered
    - standard harvest results*
    - standard harvest results* again, if it was a "bountiful harvest"
    The bold line is ALWAYS a sapphire and NEVER an osmium. The two following lines can be either type.
    * - standard harvest results are one of "1 common" "3 commons" "5 commons" "1 rare" "10 commons and 1 rare"
  9. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

I did some testing with nothing except raid gear and raid AA spec and came away with 2 star sapphires and 0 osmiums I don't know how many nodes I hit but I had 500+ of both different common harvests from those nodes but less than 600. I did use my overclocked tools but those only affect time AFAIK.
    I can only say for certain that the bonuses in AA's and gear seem to have the intended effect, unless of course they are skewing there rares.
  10. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Wurm wrote:
    Maybe not, I still think it would be appropriate that someone come in here and tell us that they are looking into it.
    I know myself I spent several hours testing this without and beneficial gear on, this was to my detriment as I got less out of it. That was my choice of course no one asked me to, but all the people in this thread that have posted their data have done so in a respectful manner and up to this point as best anyone can tell have been COMPLETELY IGNORED.
  11. ARCHIVED-acctlc Guest

Its bugged, I can back up everyone here in saying that the black star sapphires are dropping like candy (with the harvesting chance increasers). What's worse is that the osmium are required to make the raid level research assistant. If you're going to leave it bugged and broken can you at least change the raid level research assistant recipe so that its not further stressing the supply for mages and fighters????
  12. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

I've even tried using harvesters (trying to see if one toon is luckier than the other). One of my harvesters got an osmium early on, but that was it, ended up with oodles of black star sapphres and just the one osmium lol
    I guess by the time I run all harvesters through (to see if they have better luck than the prior harvester) I'll have enough osmium to outfit two or my toons on their experts :p
    Agree with Lempo, an acknowledgement from our ts dev that they've checked it/looked into it/looking into it, what have you, would go a long way for me at least.

(edit - typo)
  13. ARCHIVED-Kenazeer Guest

Harvested for 2-3 hours last night (didnt keep exact track), using the overclocked tools, a harvesting kit, a potion, and cloak from the WL rewards. Got 11 saphires, 3 osmiums.
  14. ARCHIVED-Leawyn Guest

From test patch notes on 5/7. looks like this is being addressed.
  15. ARCHIVED-Tuckker Guest

Maewyn@Unrest_old wrote:
    This should have / could have gone stright to Live, now we have to wait yet another week to upgrade our spells or pay >75p per rare (Mage/Fighter).
  16. ARCHIVED-Kenazeer Guest

Koleg@Unrest_old wrote:
    I am not sure I would count on that just yet. Of course what I have seen on here may not be representative, but there is something missing from these discussions that should give one pause. Think about it.
  17. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Kenazeer wrote:
    My own personal harvest rates are hitting about the 3% expected for rares. The main issue is that the rares are almost all Black Star Saphires, a massively disproportionate amount. If your hinting that we're getting too many rares...that isn't an issue.
  18. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Koleg@Unrest_old wrote:
    If it had gone direct to Live and had a glitch causing no other rare to be harvestable or something else equally as appauling, you would likely have been the first one to post villifying them for not using Test first to shake out the fix.
  19. ARCHIVED-Kenazeer Guest

The verdict if anyone has tested this today?
  20. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

The fix most definately had a positive impact on the rate of osmiums, I harvested for a good bit of a 6 hr potion with my tradeskill AA spec and all harvesting gear equipped.
    • 13 osmiums
    • 8 Black star sapphires
    The rate of Osmiums seems a little high here, but not skewed too far. If it is set to a 50/50 chance at pulling one of those that is within a reasonable expectiation of deviation, with such a small sample size.