T10 Harvesting bugged

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Prrasha, Apr 18, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Wurm wrote:
    Yeah, there's no denying the current tier has a problem.
  2. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

20 black saph, 0 osminum.
    Something isn't right. Fix please.
  3. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

Someone missed a decimal somewhere. I'm just glad my main raiding characters are Scout and Priest
  4. ARCHIVED-Seiffil Guest

Wurm wrote:
    Actually T9 rare gem harvesting was screwed up when SF was released. You had a much much higher chance at harvesting a diamond then a kaborite. This was due to the only way to harvest the kaborite clusters, was if you just harvested the kaborite. If you happened to get the rarer harvest which gave 10 raws and a rare, it always gave a diamond as the rare, no matter whether the raws you got were amber or quicksilver.
    It's not the first time harvesting has been screwed up though.
    This was fixed, but i can't recall how quickly they got around to fixing the problem.
  5. ARCHIVED-Solarax Guest

its actually a conspiracy. they are doing it so all the people under the sun with Beastlords will get their upgraded spells . once thats done they will consider fixing it
  6. ARCHIVED-Wurm Guest

Soulskar@Splitpaw wrote:
    Incompetence is not a conspiracy!
  7. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Gladiolus wrote:
    That was an issue with 2 classes needing loam while only 1 needed gems and 1 needed soft metals. That was changed with SF and while there was a slight imballance in drops of diamonds vs karborite it was never this bad. Even when it was broke. Especially not after it was fixed.
    SF just seemed worse than this because we didn't have Trim Reaver or a Potion of Bountiful Havests to help us pull a significant number of rares to measure real results. Now we do, and between just a few of us you can see that the statistical improbability is becomming insurmountable. If you wanted to believe this, then there should be a guy out there pulling dozens of Osmidum clusters. Nobody has said anything like that. The broker certainly disagrees as there are 3 guys selling more Black Star Saphires than there are Osmodium clusters available for sale.
    Seriously, this isn't just a demand issue. This is a harvesting issue. My suggestion is 1) fix the harvesting rates, obviously. 2) Put in an NPC that trades Black Star Saphires for Osmodium clusters until LU 64 comes out. That way people can immediately rectify the imballance instead of having to wait for the market to come down off of an artificial shortage that will be lengthened as people buy huge quanities of Osmodium clusters at very high tollerance levels that the market wouldn't naturally stall at without the current imballance and precieved shortage we're all noticing now.
  8. ARCHIVED-Aazimar Guest

13 Black Star Sapphires, 2 Osmium here. My wife's harvester has gotten zero Osmium, and I've never seen anyone more dedicated to harvesting every node she sees. I'd happily take an ability to transmute rare materials, even at a 3 to 1 ratio.
  9. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

4/25/12 Hotfix earlier today, nothing posted for harvesting but...
    Maybe fixed? Maybe broken in a new way? Checked broker, found Osmium clusters have tripped and Black Star Saphires are becomming rather rare. Went harvesting for an hour.
    Trim reaver + potion of bountiful harvest. Only harvested for an hour. Results were 1 osmium cluster...and 1 Black Star Sapphire. Rares across the board seemed to be less plentiful. I only spend 1 hour harvesting so it could just be my perception was skewed but in 90 min I managed to get 10 BSS last time and I was still trying to find good locations to harvest that time and trying to gather more of a variety.
    I'm afraid something might be wrong with the rare harvest chance. Someone else do some testing.
  10. ARCHIVED-kellyrey Guest

My initial bout of harvesting yeilded pretty even Osmium / Black Star Sapphires. However, once I went out there using a 2% rare harvest increase pot from the TS dailies, I started seeing a huge amount of extra Sapphires. I'd wager most of the people noticing the difference in rares are using some sort of rare harvest bonus (AA/Pot/items), which probably just picks the first rare on the list - the actual chance to get either rare seems to be working though.
  11. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-02 Guest

I merged the 2 topics together since they both had valid information in them. Thank you!
  12. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

Oink@Blackburrow wrote:
    I thought the same thing, I started harvesting with the bountiful harvests potion, cloak, and I even respec'd so have the double harvest aa. Harvested. I then respec'd to my normal adventure spec. took off the potion buff and just used adventure gear. harvested some more. In both situations, nothing seemed to change the fact that no osmiums are dropping (no is exagerating of course, since I actually have 7 of them now, but you get the picture).
    I'm up to 135 sapphires now...
    with or without buffs/harvesting items, something seems very broken.
  13. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Went back and did more harvesting. Trim Reaver + potion of bountiful harvest + shawl, new cloak, tools, AA in harvesting.
    50 nodes (for 150 pulls), 7 black star saphires and 1 osmium cluster. Doesn't seem to be any change in harvesting rates. I'm also doing better than 3% but within the mean for it so I'm not shocked or anything. It probably evens out over all the harvesting I did since I took other kinds of nodes as well. The 50 were just the cluster of gems which I kept track of.
    BTW: 50 took a while. Lot of competition out there. Broker has BSS running at 16p, while Osmuim is holding at 77p. I think the large number of master spells comming from the difficult solo instance is keeping the price of Osmuim from skyrocketing.
  14. ARCHIVED-Helmarf Guest

Same thing here, 20+ star 2 osmium.
  15. ARCHIVED-VikodiN Guest

Noticed the same also ... Until then ...
  16. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

02, as you merge the posts into this one to keep the boards from becoming 'cluttered' with multiple post on the same subject it might just be reducing the visibility on this.
    I think that more than enough people have chimed in with their #'s to warrant a response of some kind from a dev.
    The tone has been kept friendly and courteous as well, this is the same type of thing that time and time again goes ignored for months on end and allowed to fester until it doesn't really matter anymore.
  17. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Lempo@Everfrost wrote:
    I seriously doubt that this thread is being ignored. Rather we've grown use to domino who was very vocal about things which was the exception. So far our new crafting dev (what's his name?) has been perty silent. I for one don't expect that to change.
    Though a post that simply said "I looked into it and everything is working fine" or "I'm looking into it" would go a long way towards stopping this from becomming a 10+ page post.
  18. ARCHIVED-Noob1974 Guest

I have noticed similar things. On my main ranger i harvested around 2hours with breaks in between over the weekend while lvlving. I got 8 star saphires and 2 wolframs ( harvest cloak + lvl66 harvest tool buffs + 6 hrs 2% rare chance potion of the tradeskill apprentice).
    When lvlng my coercer alt i got 4 star saphires and 3 wolframs in about 45 mins ( harvest cloak + Tradeskill aa spec for 1% rare chance + 2 % rare chance potion of the tradeskill apprentice).
    I also notice in my server valor is the exchange rate 3:1 and sometimes 4:1 in favour of sapphire. Considering that the mage rare is also needed for new tradeskill apprentice jewelry that needs to be looked at.
  19. ARCHIVED-Hordolin Awanagin Guest

Just so you guys know. I harvested last night for about an hour wearing the cloak with +1 rare harvest. (Test server, right before the 10pm central patch) I got 3 osmium and 2 star sapphires. So either I got a really lucky streak or they're fixing it.
  20. ARCHIVED-Charisa-Emarr Guest

You can add me to the frustrated harvesters, over two days of harvesting I've gotten about 20 black sapphires, and only 5 ossimum clusters, granted sounds like i've been lucky that i got as many as i have.