Surveillance

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Teksun, Dec 18, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-LoreLady Guest

Which is why we can never keep anyone happy :p If we turn around and give summoners/rouges nerfs so that sorc's/preds stay ontop.. Theres going to be a huge whine there - look how rouges are taking AR lol :p. And if we have preds/sorc's ontop of everyone else the summoners/rouges will complain that they arent doing enough dps...
    So... Who do we keep happy?
    If there is evidence that rouges/summoners are outdamaging preds/summoners I would like to see it.. Unfortunatly, I dont have 100 aa myself.. And neither does most in my guild I cant judge, I can judge on parsings ive seen from other guilds that are still comming in (and thank you guys btw).. And from my own experiances.. If you have zonewide parsings that show summoners/rouges REDICULUSLY high I would like to see it.
    Message Edited by LoreLady on 12-24-2006 02:39 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-fioremager Guest

im thinking there may have been a ninja patch yesturday to fix this because i have been survalance pulling mobs near social agro yesturday and i havnt had any social agro and this was down in klakanon i need to try other places again
  3. ARCHIVED-fioremager Guest

well i tried it in mistmore castle cant survanlance anything in there qwithout agroin ther whole zone so seems to be working on in certain places which is wierd
  4. ARCHIVED-Gareorn Guest

Didn't work so well in Kaladim today either.
  5. ARCHIVED-Prandtl Guest

It worked as it always did in Loping Plains a few days ago. I was pulling mobs out of the middle of other mobs with no aggro problems. Maybe its the level of the mob? Greens and blues came easily, but I didn't try it on even con and higher mobs.
  6. ARCHIVED-doyler2k Guest

just recently i learned that wizzies/warlocks can do surviellance pulls(old style ofc).Is this intended?Since they get 2 roots and other means of stopping mobs briefly.And they also get a long recast temp mit buff when their HP drops below 30%.

what is SoE playing at...why can the heavy nukers do things that us predators are supposed to the experts at.Presently it sucks to solo as a ranger as any social aggro and we are kinda stuffed :(

Not asking for sorcerors to be nerfed but its by far unfair imo to have them have a skill that allows them to pinpoint a named amongst social aggro and pull out,before root/nuking it to oblivion.

Maybe im taking this So-Called fix a little worse than others.As it stands presently, surviel CA is remarkably similar to the Concusive spell that wiz/warlocks get.It reduces aggro and interupts target briefly,surviel is reduced aggro and stealth.See the comparisons?

Im gonna suggest that wizards pull mobs on raids from now on...as their warlock counter parts die enough as it is :)

Your views on this would be interesting.

I also have a lvl70 warlock alt so not like id be asking for a nerf but more so a fix.

Its xmas after all...better to give than recieve....
  7. ARCHIVED-Gareorn Guest

So, let me get this straight. Monks/Bruisers are the best scouting classes (FD allows them to go places no scout can go) and Wizzies/Warlocks are the best pulling classes. Does anyone else see anything wrong with this picture?
  8. ARCHIVED-Starness Guest

Do you mean Conjy's and Necros? I fail to see how wizzies and warlocks pull well... Pet pulling though, that's another thing all together.
  9. ARCHIVED-Gareorn Guest

Nope. I meant what I said. I was refering to Doyler2k's post about the spell Concusive. Pet pulling does gain social aggro and is only useful if you have the distance to support that kind of pull. Definately not very useful in zones that respawn.
  10. ARCHIVED-Hisvet Guest

Granted that forums are all about hearsay but I'd like some definitive post-LU30 test results with the whole line of surveillance.
    It does not do us any good to have some rangers saying "this pulls without aggro" and other saying "this pulls the whole room".
    I'd like to know if at least the top 3 surveillance line CAs work only for a deaggro stealth (what it was intended for against normal mobs, heroic mobs, epic mobs, mobs high level then you) or if they are pulling CAs.
    My own attempts to surveillance A3 pull in labs on mobs we always pull was unsuccessful just following LU 30. It pulled aggro. I have since Mastered it up and would not mind trying the lesser surveillance lines in labs. If my guild lets me experiment I'll post it up. But it would be nice from the lower-level rangers all the way through to see if we can get specific information or if people are "successfully pulling with it, because its really not a social mob anyway." I'd like to at least dispel any rumors of what works and doesn't. It also would not suprise me if when SOE "mixed lvl 70" it broke the ones before so I'd be curious to know what is really going on with the line or if it can be consigned once and for all to deaggro/stealth only.
    Testing it against solo, grouped, heroic, epic and higher level mobs then you would be very useful to know.
  11. ARCHIVED-Starness Guest

Oh yeah, totaly forgot about the Concusive changes. Seems strange that they'd make our deagros social and not another classes. Perhaps an over sight...
  12. ARCHIVED-doyler2k Guest

oversight on predator's behalf...otherwise i cant see how other classes are given/allowed advantage f pulling without social aggro.imho they should just unbug/refix surviellance to its original form.Otherwise as predetors we aint exactly stealthy if we cant single pick a mob and kill it.

Still would like to see a SoE dev/red name comment on this problem/bug :)It doesnt take much really to let our loyal and mostly dedicated rangers the reason to go on...
  13. ARCHIVED-Gareorn Guest

I know what you mean. Even if this wasn't in the Ranger's arsenal, you'd think it would at least work for an Assassin. I mean, what kind of an assassin would you be if you couldn't sneak in undetected to kill your target? Isn't that the sort of thing you'd expect an assassin to be able to do from a roleplaying perspective?
  14. ARCHIVED-Hisvet Guest

If we could stop mourning about it and kvetching on other classes and do some testing to see just what we DO have currently I think we might see something very screwed up and that is something I doubt was intended.
    I could not do conclusive tests last night in the Labs because we just needed to get through it quickly and didn't have the healing. What I did find out was this:
    We do labs every week in about 2 hours they are very predictable pulls to us so we know when we'll get 2 mobs with social or not. This was the second time I tried pulling in labs since the bork. We had 4 rangers and 1 assassin with various levels of Surveil, Improved Surveil and Surveillance but I only used A3s and M1s to pull test. And before anyone says anything, yes we have a LOT of rangers in my guild. We've done labs with NO mages, this last time we had 2, its just the way the guild works sometimes, we get stuff done anyway (even Deathtoll).
    First time in labs we tried using the A3 version and the A1 version of Surveillance level 70 on the trash mobs in the first part of the dungeon and it pulled social post LU 30 where it never had before. It also pulled it in social at the Doomsworn Droag before Corsolander where it never had before.
    Last night I wanted to see if an A3 version of Improved Surveil and A3 of Surveil did the same. It did NOT. They did not pull social aggro and pulling with those two in Labs on the yellow heroic 3^^^s operated just like the old Surveillance lvl 70. Tried again with Surveillance M1. Social Aggro pulled.
    So the lvl 50s and 40s of the line worked on the 4 pulls we tried. The lvl 70 failed by pulling social.
    I could look at a map and tell you exactly where the pulls occurred given time and this was not conclusive because the MT would not let us test before the Doomsworn Droag again. I suggest all of get out your OLDER versions of Surveillance and test them in each instance you go in to.
    It might work in one instance and not in another. It might be that in "fixing" lvl 70 they broke the earlier versions again. Somehow it seems consistant in the line that what lvl 70 IS is *not* what the others of the line ARE. I have an Assassin in my guild in her 30s saying she's using surveil pulls in Runnyeye without any aggro problems.
    It IS possible in adjusting for no pet aggro in the city zones they DID bork Surveillance. Its also possible in 'fixing' lvl 70 they threw off the whole rest of the line again. Its possible some zones work and some dont. Do some tests, try it. bring back answers. I'll copy this to the Assassin page so they can test too.
  15. ARCHIVED-Gareorn Guest

It's also possible that the lower level versions didn't pull aggro because they were resisted by the pulled target. Not that this is a problem. Because it if works, who really cares why it works as long as the pull is successful. This is only speculation, but we have a lab run scheduled for tonight so I'll be looking to do some testing (if allowed).
  16. ARCHIVED-Hisvet Guest

Well thats the thing a white and yellow heroic ^^^ mob should or could have resisted the Surveil and Improved Surveil pulls all together. In which case they should have just stood there and never come as I have witnessed with resisted surveillance pulls. But that is not what happened. Surveil and Imp Surveil worked for us the 4 pulls we used them on. Master 1 Surveillance failed each time and pulled social aggro.
    If you can test, please do so.
  17. ARCHIVED-Gareorn Guest

10/28/06 Testing in Lab..

APP4 Surveil failed all tests
    AD1 Improved Surveil failed all tests
    AD3 Surveillance failed all tests

Who do I send my repair bill to again? :smileytongue:
  18. ARCHIVED-Badaxe Bart Guest

Tested improved surveil in valdoons last night, failed. Used adept I.
  19. ARCHIVED-S1llyRabbit Guest

What's the latest on the lvl 70 surveil master? Is it bugged, nerfed, or what? I used it in New Tunaria a couple weeks ago and pulled another mob outside the one I surveiled (happened several times). I've been afraid to use it in a group or raid ever since.

edit...Oh, forgot to mention that I used it in COV 2 nights ago on a room full of werewolves (non-linked)...it failed.
    Message Edited by S1llyRabbit on 01-10-2007 11:30 AM
  20. ARCHIVED-Gareorn Guest

The non-social aggro aspect has been removed. It still puts you in stealth and dumps aggro.