Summoner Pet AI and Appearance UI Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Tabri Well-Known Member

I only have 7 fiery magician spells showing in my spell book and they are all master. I know I scribed ad3, app, etc of the older versions of the mage pet back in the day but I dont see them now in my spell tab.

I have only 6 available appearance options for my mage pet and I know I had a fire golem back in the day also, even my spell tab shows 7 master fiery magicians scribed(although I know more were), but I have no option to go to a next page on the appearance box and it shows 6.

Where is the fire golem and I know there were more?

I tested my fiery magician vs scout on the training dummies, its a bit of an increase for the scout on single target and a huge increase on multiple dummies for the mage pet.

The increase for the scout pet is not enough for me to bother swapping back and forth I would probably just keep the mage pet out and be nerfed as usual. I also have enough crap to cast as it is to be swapping back and forth constantly anyway so thanks for the nerf to my mage pet.

I still dont understand what you mean by encounter exclusive does this mean we suck still on non encounter multiple mobs? Most packs of mobs in this game are non encounter warlocks and wizzys have a field day while we watch Ice Storm cancel out constantly.
  2. Tabri Well-Known Member

Correction(couldnt edit) I meant fire gargoyle(not golem) pet this little guy is what Im looking for? Fiery magician III

[IMG]
  3. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Would it be possible for you to identify the filename of the Pet Appearance UI window (or, failing that, at least the date of the most recent version of it)? If it is possible, then please do so. :)
  4. Schnooky Member

A few necro comments, using a lev 90 on test.
    1) The mage pets don't seem to fully benefit from spell double cast.
    2) Scout and fighter pets need shared melee stats.
    3) Fast cast is nice, although I hope there is still a way to directly control our pets as well as view their stat page.
    4) Not sure if necro pet taunts are working as intended for PVP.
  5. Mistral New Member

I love that we can now change the look of our pets.
    But could it be possible to have a way to make our pet bigger please (something like 30% bigger maybe) ?
    Some skins from older pets are just fine but far too small !
    As a lvl 100 conjuror I would like to be able to have a Big pet at my side, not a little fairy...
    I want my pet to be impressive please ^_^
  6. Caith Developer

The pet appearance window is done through design data choice windows, so I do not believe there is a UI file that you ca manipulate unfortunately.
  7. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Okay. With that being the case, is the design locked in, or can it be changed to be more intuitive (if we offer suggestions that realistically can be achieved)?

For example, would it negatively affect the game to replace the window that requires several pages to work through the entire list of a character's valid choices (especially for those that are higher level and have a larger range from which to choose) with an embedded listbox containing all of the available choices for that character? If not, once the choice is selected, it would probably need only two buttons below the list (one to accept the choice and the other to cancel the selection and close the window).
  8. ruthless619 Member

My pet AA spells hit like a truck, making them AE on both fire and tank pet would make them OP.

The fact that my scout pet uses its abilities now (they also hit like a truck) more then makes up for the lack of auto attack dmg, I think your asking for a little too much insisting they share our auto attack stats also.
  9. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Sharing auto attack probably wouldn't be of any benefit to lower level summoners. It might even be a hindrance.
  10. Pantz Active Member

i'd almost say make the "scout" air pet for conjurors be a close range blue aoe caster (wind attacks, lightning strikes, heroic stuns) that has lots of avoidance from being hit due to being made of air.

then give the fire pet more single target nukes and single target damage over time (burning), maybe a couple encounter abilitites and have it used more for boss fight dps

just talking about conjurors elemental pets here, the scout should be less of a scout and more of an air elemental. not sure about necro pets but i would say they should be more un-deady to make them unique from elementals
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

That difference is already there in the spells they cast. The air elemental is casting cold damage spells, while the grimblade deals in poision. Necro mages will have lifetap components in some spells, while mage pets burn everything to ash (with some DoT components).
    Pantz likes this.
  12. Pantz Active Member

oh cool, i never played a necro. good to know!
  13. Enigma Active Member

You may believe that it would make the AA spells overpowered but that wouldn't be the case, especially if you have seen what high end sorcerers can produce in the AE front(I can link you a parse of fiery blast hitting for 400million+ damage or assassin's poisons doing 15million dps on AE non-linked fights.)

The scout pet on test hits just as hard as the mage pet on live so its hardly a difference...you mind as well merge all the pets into one and forget about having a scout/tank/healer/mage pet. In order for the scout pet to truly become the ideal single target dps pet it needs its auto attack pumped up and this can be done with simply sharing our melee stats with the pet.
  14. Enigma Active Member

Well if your melee stats are non-existent at low levels than of course your scout pet won't need to have high auto attack damage simply because it's own abilities will be sustainable. When you reach a higher level and auto attack becomes an important stat which is around 95 then your scout will fall behind without the benefit of your melee stats. So it won't be a hindrance at low levels nor will it be a problem at high levels and it will solve many of our scaling issues we have currently have, which is why we are behind in terms of AE and single target dps(i have parses to show this if requested).
  15. ruthless619 Member

Um there is a difference, scout pet on single target does more dps then the mage pet. Scout pet uses its abilities now as soon as they are up (which is quite often).

Its working much better then before (and I also raid high end so I know how much poisons are doing currently and I also know how much a Sorc does AoE.)

We are where we are suppose to be in damage, Sorcs and Predators are T1 we are T2, Stop complaining.
  16. Enigma Active Member

It's not a complaint its a matter of laying out the facts. If we are not a utility class than we are a dps class, we shouldn't be under Sorc's or predators but at the same level. I have parses like i said that will show the small difference in regards to the mage pet on live servers and the scout pet on test.
  17. Vasco Active Member

Would you be so kind to post the parses. Would like to see how big of a difference if any. Anyway I look at it, any free dos increase is great no minor how minute.
  18. Enigma Active Member

Alright here is a small sample size of 3mins~

Scout pet on test-[IMG]

Mage pet on live(was actually higher on dps)-[IMG]

I used dual conversion rot flesh spec for this testing for the extra potency, and the same gear of course.

Both are tested on epic dummies.
  19. Enigma Active Member

The dps will vary of course because of the new crit system in place, and also because of doublecast.
  20. Enigma Active Member

Oh i would also like to add that yes the pets seem rather small. When you select another appearance it seems like its smaller than the actually version on live servers, will have to keep looking and do more comparing and post some pics perhaps.