Summoner Pet AI and Appearance UI Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Not sure when this is planned to go live, but if it is after next Thursday, I'll take a look at the pet selection interface and see what changes (if any) I can make for ProfitUI. I don't know if tknarr (the last person of which I am aware was keeping ProfitUI current) is still playing, but I'll try to touch bases with him and if he is still the one maintaining it, then send him the modified file (if there are improvements that I can make - and there may not be) once I am done with it. If it goes live before next Thursday, I'll just have to check it out when it goes live.
  2. ZUES Well-Known Member

Can the scout pet please get some kind of AE proc? Just one spell, 5 times per minute or something like that please. There are a million raid and heroic fights that go "named, adds, named, adds, named, adds". We already have sore fingers.

How will the new scout changes effect scout pets? Hope you guys are thinking of that in advance.
  3. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Scout pets and the scout classes are two totally separate / different things. They always have been.
  4. ZUES Well-Known Member

Every scout stat is shared. Scout pets don't use spells, they use combat abilities that are effected by your stats (haste, flurry, AE auto, etc). So my question stands and is valid. But thanks for your valuable comment.
  5. Caith Developer

Every pet attack is now considered a spell, and is thus affected by the summoners spell stats.
    Rotherian likes this.
  6. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Someone new is working on it (Therendil). tknarr still engages in conversation about various items.
  7. Rotherian Well-Known Member

K. I'll track him or her down and open dialogues. I'm not going to lie, one of the reasons I'm volunteering for the project is so my xml skills don't atrophy too much. :oops: (So I have a bit of an ulterior motive for volunteering.)
  8. Ritten Member

Does the scout pet still autoattack? Are autoattack modifiers shared with the pet now? Like haste/DPS/MA/flurry/WDB?
  9. Enigma Active Member

Autoattack modifiers do not share with the pet, but i am hoping this will change once testing starts on friday.
  10. Ritten Member

Where did you hear about that? Are they opening Beta on friday?
  11. Pijotre Well-Known Member

So that means unlike now where they can use their scout/tank pets with CAs Summoners will now be completly useless on any mobs that are immune to spells (only take dmg from CAs/melee) or that reflect spells but not CAs. And you think this is a good change?

p.s.: Why I care? Because my wife is a Conjuror.
  12. Laiina Well-Known Member

The scout and tank pet currently for summoners are essentially useless above level 20 or so. Numerous tests have shown that their dps is anywhere from 50-80% less than the mage pet, and they die a lot more often in groups or raids. The AI on them is pretty bad, but that is only part of the problem.
  13. Pijotre Well-Known Member

I know that and while that surely needs to be fixed badly, the proposed fix will bring with it the aforementioned Problem, which will make those pets loose a core functionality they had before the stat sharing.
  14. Suntzi New Member

Flash Cast is nice, but why did you remove Possession? Possession was a valuable spell to examine the pets spells and estimate how much mod is usefull. And of course for pulling, where the pet could not be sent.
  15. Caith Developer

Because with how the core change works, the spells are no longer granted to pets in such a way that Possession would display them with accurate information without an extensive code re-write that is simply not in the cards at this time.
    Neiloch likes this.
  16. Feldon Well-Known Member

I can understand that spells might not have accurate info when using Possession. I'm used to this in Census. But why remove the ability altogether? It's how players are able to see the health, stats, etc. of their pets. Without it, it will be harder to confirm that stats are sharing correctly.
  17. Silzin Active Member

I agree, Alternitivly adding the ability to the Charecter Window letting us see all of the Stats of the Pet would work and work for ALL classes that have pets. just adding a Pet Tab like the Warder Tab
  18. Ritten Member

Well I ran a couple of advanced solos on beta and I am not impressed.

The scout pet does about 10-15% more damage single target (to be fair that is a master scout compared to grandmaster mage).
    On even a 2 mob linked encounter the mage wins by a lot.
    The scout pet still autoattacks for about 15k per hit, so it crits and crit bonus is used, but melee stats are not used. Dissapointed.
    Seeing that we don't have a whole lot of single target fights I don't see myself casting the scout a lot.

The tank pet does about half the mage pet in terms of damage. It does not seem to parry/block, although I didn't try a tank spec.
    It's health is still very low, even with overpowered 100% tainted heals he is crap. He still can't hold aggro, although he might be able to do that in a tank spec now. But what's the point, the 10 year veteran pally merc is a lot better.

The mage pet is very strange: there are a couple of spells that do a lot more damage, but the zw parse was just about the same. Sadly I can not inspect it anymore, I'm not sure what's going on here.
    I'd be interested in seeing how it does in raid zonewide trash pulls. (I do think it's silly that a tank can get 40+ epic mobs and not care, but I digress...)

Overall I don't think this changes the situation a lot. It is good that there is change, and I haven't tested with group/raid buffs yet, but so far I think I'll still keep using only the mage pet.
  19. Silzin Active Member

well on Beta i could not find a guild hall that was open to use the training dummy in... so Adv Solos it was for me also. the Mage pet does more dps then the Scout pet for more on groups of trash, but it looks like on most named the Scout pet would be the way to go.
  20. Crychtonn Active Member

Best fix for this would be to add a Pet tab in the persona window like there is for Merc's to see their stats. Don't beastlords get something like this also?
    ZUES and Deveryn like this.