Summoner Nerf

Discussion in 'Mages' started by sycla, Jan 4, 2017.

1. emufrombeyond Member

Give all mages the option to change one of our ethereal runes to a 100 fervor proc and I won't mind the global reuse effect nerf. After that lets see where everything falls and maybe you can adjust swarms as a most of us will have a fervor proc and it won't be like you are spitting on us after you shot us in the back. As it stands this patch is too dumb for words
    Ashandra and Alexae like this.
  2. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Careful there.. Unda might be next on the list =P
  3. Steelviper Active Member

Somehow I have the same feeling here... It's just pretty powerful right now as it is.
  4. Alexae New Member

Exactly this. Exactly.
    VGScastaway, Aniko and Ashandra like this.
  5. Anaranj Member

Painful...last nerf:
    Dumbfires; before nerf between 10-7%; after nerf between 3-1%
  6. Ashandra Well-Known Member

The nerf needs to be to all runes and every thing Why leave some still working ie ferv if they are serious about fixing stuff take them all out . I don't know why they have touched swarms they were fine the way were with no procs or resets they are on long timers .
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  7. Veta Well-Known Member

The patch before x-mas allowed for 100% stat pet sharing and removed their ability to receive anything from group buffs/abilities. I haven't tested but I would like to assume they just went back to the last nerfed numbers. However, I wouldn't complain too much. With the way this expac and abilities seem to be going going, everyone can now say they are all excited to be etherealists/elementalists/geomancers/thaumaturgists (much sarcasm). I am glad that my class does not even matter anymore and most of my damage will be coming from abilities that do not even pertain to my class and everyone can also get those same abilities.

Maybe now they can break down character creation into 4 ascension classes instead of 4 archtypes.
    Anaranj, captainbeatty451 and Konc3pt like this.
  8. Xsarinx Member

So just ran 10 heroics in 2 hours. It's horrible is all I can write. All of the spells I have that were subject to the limited reset of the Eth rune (I do not have a hammer) have between a 30 second and 1.5 minute cool down. I have one that is on a five minute cool down. So now the Eth rune is completely worthless. All that grinding was for nothing.

As to the nerf on the ascension ability - it's a joke. After reviewing ACT those with the Eth Assassin ONLY did 15-20 billion DPS as opposed to it's previous 300 billion. As opposed to the 1-3 billion DPS of Septic Strike.

And now most of the abilities of the swarm pets has moved into the 0% of total damage in ACT when reviewing zone wide numbers.

It's sickening.
  9. quisling Well-Known Member

This is part that makes me angry. The Hammer is/was a luck drop. ALWAYS subject to nerfage. Having one was a combination of raiding and RNG luck. So having it nerfed, would make me shrug. Folks spent time and effort EARNING those runes. I know of no one would have wasted time grinding stupid tokens for a reset rune that procs every 3 months..errr...2 minutes. This is like buying a Tesla and 3 months later it morphs into a Prius.
    Karsa and captainbeatty451 like this.
  10. Veta Well-Known Member

Folks spent time and effort earning the hammer too. The runes and their weapon equivalents were only gained through grinding until the event. The weapons were rare heroic drops during AoM and the runes, before the ethereal event, were from Zek key chests and contested grinding (both rng and gained more often than hammer). People had to put effort and time into getting both.
    VGScastaway and captainbeatty451 like this.
  11. quisling Well-Known Member

The difference? Luck. It wasn't possible for everyone, even with the exact same amount of effort to get the hammer. Don't get me wrong..I HAVE one, and I'm not thrilled, but I'm sorta accustomed to drop nerfs. The runes were guaranteed. You do this. You get these. You buy this. Everyone with the same amount of effort could get one or two or whatever. There was a MERCHANT selling them. We should be able to bring suit against the guy for fraud....

ps. fwiw, yesterday wasn't a great day ...Personally I had nerfs to the hammer/rune, a nerf to Divine Light and a nerf to an Ascension ability. Not all that productive, all and all.
    Karsa and Anaranj like this.
  12. Veta Well-Known Member

You do realize I talked about the ethereal event? You also realize that until the ethereal event, they were obtained by luck? After the ethereal event, they were still obtained by... luck? I am not sure what difference you are talking about. It requires little to no effort to go in a contested zone, solo, and 1 shot named.
  13. Anzark Member

This is exactly what i fear will happen once we get our epics..Ascension classes will be the only classes in eq2.
  14. Pitta Active Member

Wow. Another summoner thread. Lol.
    That being said, i think that summoners dont really have all that much room to complain. They were hit just as hard as almost every other class. Swarm pets (which, as everyone seems to forget, are not the only source of dps from summoners) only got reduced by about 25-30%. This is smaller than every other nerf to swarm pets in the past two years.
    Its like you guys personally are responsible for keeping Morton in business. Its amazing.
    The summoners that i raid with are still in a very good spot on the parse (none of them are etherealists, so dont even go there). You people need to relax.
  15. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Ya I need to change to a necro cause they don't rely on swarms as much and get out of the summoner forums you main a dirge that necro has around 50 points in pot . Also post mackies parse before and after .You got shot down last time you pulled this crap you also cherry picked parses when you posted previously.

I believe what I see as a main on a conj on my parser and it's not so good I do more dps not casting swarms again which makes.it mind numbingly boring.
  16. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

Maybe epic 2.0 or one of the items along the way add 10 pets to each swarm? :D
  17. Pitta Active Member

I main'd a conj for 7 years, and only recently switched off of it because its what my guild needed me to do because we had a very hilarious bard situation. That doesn't mean i don't know what i'm talking about.
    I would love to post what you ask, but I am only allowed to post very limited things. I can tell you that this necro was 2nd on the parse of that encounter, less than 75m behind the beastlord, and i can tell you that MrMacky was not in raids last night because he was absent, so there is not post-nerf parses that i could compare.
  18. Ashandra Well-Known Member

It should hurt conj worse then necro as we get a greater % of damage over all from swarms I have been on our server a bit longer then you and parse up around mmacky you just don't know me cause I raid Aust time I will get the parse linked from some one and look at it.
  19. Mrmacky Active Member

Please stop talking about me I am a very sensitive person
  20. Yards Well-Known Member

Classes are irrelevant, roll an etherealist and use a credit card. Congratulations you have just beat the game.