Summoner Nerf

Discussion in 'Mages' started by sycla, Jan 4, 2017.

1. sycla Active Member

The last time you said "will reduce swarm pet damage a little" it was well over 50%
    Its not like summoners were topping parses and needed nerfing so why ignore the OP classes and beat us down with uncalled for nerfs.
    Anaranj likes this.
  2. trix New Member

ill wait to see the actual amount nerfed before commenting
    but i think this has something to do with the epic.2 and they are balancing stuff for the effects of epic 2.
  3. Heck62 Active Member

They always over nerf.
  4. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Epic 2 is ages away , I took off my hammer proc in raid last night to get my resolve up on a higher tier fight my swarm damage % in raid was the same as it was before they added there ferv/group sharing stat stuff to swarms and they were on the old slow timer if they nerf them down to much summoner will be struggling.
  5. Arieva Well-Known Member

I'm gonna have to agree..if resets are going away there really wasn't anything wrong with swarm pet damage as is. Most folks seem to be upset about hammer toting summoners..well they are probably going to nerf that into oblivion. If fervor is going away every 30 seconds its gonna hurt bad.
  6. Inesk Member

Even with the hammer and rune resets our swarm pets were doing dick for damage. Time to Roll a ranger for this Xpacs flar of the month
  7. kluxor Well-Known Member

do you have any idea how much predators rely on reset items for their dps? our dps is going to be garbage tomorrow. parses are going to be topped by summoners, brigands, and illusionists. I'm sure BL will somehow manage to survive this too but say goodbye to assassins and rangers looking good
    Tharrakor likes this.
  8. Entropy Well-Known Member

Uh, BLs rely on resets even more heavily than predators. 75% of my parse comes from casting six abilities (Primal chain) that are being reset by rune+hammer. Most of the rest of the parse is procs/etc. Actual BL normal CAs are trash.
    kildnor and Tharrakor like this.
  9. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Ya, scouts are still getting a ferv proc from runes though , I don't understand why this stuff isn't done on expac release not a good way in . I find it pretty ordinary doing it now and I am getting tired of it and evergrind ...
  10. Xsarinx Member

Back to summoners - how much complaining and subsequent nerfing (programmer time) has been devoted to spells that are responsible for so little of our damage since the huge nerf? There is something seriously wrong with priorities - even considering a slight reduction should have been far down on the list of things to be researched and fixed - it's comical. In general - now we have the nerf to the ability/spell resets to contend with - it's one insult after another to those who either participated in the ethereal coin events - folks wouldn't even have been running the tired worn-out content had it not been for that event or those who diligently grinded in Kralet contested for the ultra-rare chance that the eth rune would drop.
    Aniko and Kaarkula like this.
  11. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

If we take out the top 2% of players on this game who have runes AND hammer and then the top 5% who have a second account to consistently heartbound themselves... we have a TON of people who are struggling to do well in heroic content right now. And they're making us weaker? Why? What in the world is the reason for this? Trying to get people geared up and doing solid damage for this expansion has been a struggle. And now people who are doing low damage will be even lower? Really?

Why does it feel like the developers are trying to push us away from game? First 2 50k faction grinds as part of epic and now this and the other nerfs. Seems very strange to me.
  12. Ohhno Member

Time to delete swarm pets from the hot bar...
  13. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I dont play summoner but i look at parses. I dont understand the swarm pet nerf either, but I fully support fading out the ethereal effects from procs. I want to see them placed on utility classes as grp temps instead
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  14. Inesk Member

They should go ahead and just take all the runes out. If they are trying to balance things out where is the mage fervor rune then. But now as a necro we still have LB broken and now pets will suck. Whats next? Nerf Unda?
    Xillean, Aniko, Scrappyz and 2 others like this.
  15. Steelviper Active Member

/slaps forehead at today's game update. /shaking my head after. It's like there's the devs, and there's the players, and those are two entirely separate worlds.
    Aniko and Jachin like this.
  16. Kaarkula Active Member

This is confusing.. lol summnoner pets again?

What is going on?
    Conifur likes this.
  17. Entropy Well-Known Member

I don't know what % have the runes, but the raiding population makes up less than 5% of the playerbase... so of that, only a small fraction have hammers... point being "2% of the playerbase has a hammer" is a big overestimation. :)
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  18. Xsarinx Member

Either lack of design forethought or lack of developers, look - they reuse content from 5 expansions ago as part of the epic 2.0? So by doing nothing but linking these low level factions/quests to the 2.0 series they give the appearance that they've actually done something new and interesting. Then they do totally warped things like giving class rewards along the way to the epic 2.0 that aren't as good as what was given by this expansions signature quest, or as good as the meta-meta collection reward.

On a side note, say good-bye to being able to do the Challenge heroic zone. Would a group even consider doing that zone without at least two DPS who have the hammer?

For years some summoners have asked to have swarm pets replaced (seen as one of the thing contributing to zone lag) with some type of commensurate DoT or DD. It could have been settled once and for all years ago.

We ran the Maldura forge raid every week since ToT was released and with the exception of two mishaps successfully killed the 1-try named. In all that time and effort by an entire raid force we were only lucky enough to get the hammer to drop one time. It's insulting to everyone who participated in getting our guildmate that weapon that one of the key components is being nerfed.

Sorry to ramble on - it's just that I find these constant nerfs more frustrating than challenging.
    Xillean, leannel, Ashandra and 3 others like this.
  19. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

My main point is that while I and a few others find the heroics to be fun and not much of a challenge, there is a MUCH larger population out there who are having a hard time gearing up to be decent in current content. And yet we are having nerf after nerf and then HUGE grinds that are pulling some of us away from helping our guilds gear up on top of that.
    leannel likes this.
  20. Exarthious Member

well knowing even before nurf with the stats that i have casting my swarm pets made me lose dmg in short fights in raid and if i use them they are fillers or my first thing cause there dmg are to low compared to all this new abilitys!