Summoner Nerf

Discussion in 'Mages' started by sycla, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Mrmacky Active Member

No it was a pretty noticeable nerf. Even more so given all the "lucky" people who chose correctly on the ascension lottery.
    I am honestly getting tired of being ping ponged around with nerfs and buffs.
    and its a "summoner" nerf or a "summoner" buff.
    Or a complete "dumbfire" nerf or a complete "dumbfire" buff
    If theres something that is doing too much or not enough that specific thing needs to be changed not everything.
    Not to mention conjs dps is more tied to their pets than a necro who has much higher personal dps.
    So everytime pets get hit or buffed the scales change drastically between the 2
    LisciaSF, Ashandra and emufrombeyond like this.
  2. emufrombeyond Member

I was thinking the nerf was done to try and deal with lag (I noticed the ability for the swarms to proc stuff is gone) no more shadowstep/elemental unity procs off them. But it doesn't seem to have made a difference lag wise and the damage decrease is disproportionate. I asked last time they nerfed swarms and I'll ask again, what was the previous formula and what is the current one? What exactly was changed and why, I know they were causing lag but I never heard anyone say they were doing too much damage. Would be stoked if db put swarms back to how they were prior recent patch (maybe this thursday?).
  3. Veta Well-Known Member

They stopped procing, getting group buffs, etc, the patch before x-mas (see warlock nerf thread about dark siphoning not giving increments off swarms anymore). The most recent patch had nothing to do with them procing.
  4. Ashandra Well-Known Member

^^^ This 100% Conj is effected by swarm tinkering the most out of all the classes and ping ponging up and down all the time is pretty demoralizing.
  5. LisciaSF Member

Oo, yeah good points. I was just posting that to dispel the 0 - 1% parse people have been saying, I'm guessing due to inflated parses due to stuff like ethershadow assassin. I'm a Thaumaturgist with all apprentice ascensions, so I have a pretty honest look with the parse posted.
  6. emufrombeyond Member

Ran multiple heroics today where aqueous swarm parse 1-0 percent. It was parsing below field commanders charge and shadow step- just aweful. numbers on pyro's heat blast and communion was hit or miss. This should not have happened. In raid numbers looked better but they are way off. Why defend a bad nerf. Swarms were doing OK damage before but nothing amazing pre patch. No reason to lower the dps on them.
  7. LisciaSF Member

I play a Necro, didn't realize Conjies were hit so badly. Blighted Horde was doing 4% in the second most difficult KA heroic zone, Undead Horde was pretty crappy though. Grandmastered as well.

I wasn't defending the nerf, just posting something showing one of the swarm pets doing 'alright', but the other one as you said (our 5 minute re-use of all things) was parsing terribly.

We've been hit with the nerf bat many times, hopefully they'll have some sense of compassion for the outcry by us conjs / necros. I do agree the numbers before were just fine.
    emufrombeyond likes this.
  8. Ratitz Active Member

so your least powerful swarm pet was doing 1% of your parse? wow, thats soooooo bad. what tier of spell is it? did you actually prioritize it with temp buffs, etc? are you saying that a single target swarm pet did 1% of an AOE parse? all of this information is missing from your statement, so therefore you provide no actual proof of what you are trying to argue.
  9. Ashandra Well-Known Member

I am noticing swarm logs seem to be abit hit and miss some of my parses are good other times its a tad funny , I am sure a dev will go over it at some stage there's been a fair bit of feed back from multiple players and issue tracker has been posted as to whether things will be adjusted or left time will tell.
  10. Ashandra Well-Known Member

I don't think he's arguing just leaving his 2 cents worth of feed back on a thread which he's entitled to do he's paying money for the game the same as every one. The actual proof as last time comes from a dev.
  11. woolfman3000 Member

its simple realy they have broken swarm pets to the point i have 4 spells worth casting in raid anymore and as per usual ones with the hammer dont realy notice the difference as they still get fervor buff its gonna be like WOW soon only worth casting ascension abilities i am getting no damage whatsoever on swarm pets at moment