[Suggestion] Orange adornments in PoP..and how they are acquired

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Arieva, Dec 2, 2017.

1. semisus Does not play this game

I personnaly would also like to see the effects we get from the ascension charm and the ascensions ears , the faster casting time and reuse on orange that could buy
  2. semisus Does not play this game

I have aquired 3 orange runes so far from soloes but the weird thing is that ive only gotten the ones i was wearing as purple
    Like 2 out of the 3 of the AB mod ones that i was wearing ( exact same ones ) and then 1 of the 4 fervor purple one ( also 1 i was wearing ) If its supposed to be smart loot or something i dont think a good thing cause some people are not wearing the purple slots anymore
  3. Arieva Well-Known Member

If the system is fine then how do you acquire the ascension oranges then because those aren't tradeable (flagged as heirloom) and I haven't gotten a straight answer as to where they come from. If you don't know..then you don't know the system is fine!
  4. Dannni Active Member

you loot them in zones, go run some zones!
    Snikkety likes this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Go do the quests for the panda... fly around the world, get access to a bunch of the ascension adorns for 0cp.
  6. Arieva Well-Known Member

Show me a panda adornment that will make Bulwark of Rime or Thermal Depletion worth casting..ever. This is my complaint. Without set bonuses my ascension class is turning out to be garbage. And its not realistic at this point to change the class due to the time and money sunk into upgrading the spells (not to mention raids may rely on the delevel...again). Whats the reason you guys can reasonably give that these orange adorns should be heirloom since you seem so keen on defending the decision. Are any of you elementalists? Let me guess...all etherealists. Sure you guys dont care because your abilities were OP to start with and you have valid options for further increases off the panda. Cascading force can land for 40% of heroic parses now and If I recall a panda adorn further boosted that. My panda adorn is for scorched earth..one extra dot tick. Already in heroic after only one week of expac heroic names arent even living long enough for scorched earth to tick to completion....

This is why I want my ascension bonuses back. Its required to even hope to stay competitive and unlike the majority of the sheep I dont want to run etherealist....

There is no reasonable way to farm out the several ascension orange adorns right now with them being heirloom. Period.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

The oranges aren't heirloom. If people are willing to burn their own tokens, they can sell any adorns they buy off the merchant for plat on the broker. Given all there is to buy with tokens, I don't see spending my tokens on other people's adorns any time soon myself.. but I'm sure there are some people who will... you have have to have the crazy amount of play to pay people for the adorns. Not my thing.. on either side of that transaction.. for me it will be 1 to 1 trade or nothing, but, there are ways.
  8. Arieva Well-Known Member

You are flat out wrong on this unless they changed it..today. Look again. I tracked down someone with access to an ascension adorn 2 nights ago ago and verified. They are flagged heirloom. That meansno you cant sell on broker or trade......
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

I haven't checked today. They were tradable when I checked last.
    I wish they'd post these changes in the patch notes :(

Side note: There is no need to be rude.
    Xillean likes this.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Actually, I'm staring at the merchant right now.... the only tags on the orange adorns are LORE-EQUIP, they are 100% tradeable, so they haven't changed and the 'other' ways of getting them exist.
    The_Real_Wurm likes this.
  11. Arieva Well-Known Member

Ummm..then you arent looking at the Ascension jewelry adorns. Check Paragon for example. I looked today when I logged in. Still heirloom.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

Alll of the oranges that duplicate the crafted purple adorns from last expac are completely tradeable.
    It seems we were both right and both wrong.
    SOME orange adorns are completely tradeable and SOME are heirloom.
  13. Arieva Well-Known Member

Exactly and the ones I have been arguing most about on the thread because it hurts my ascension class the most by not having them are the ones not tradeable. I've been running heroics nightly and solos constantly during the day. Haven't seen one of the Epic jewelry orange effects drop yet. Which again is epic-ly frustrating because we DID THE TIME to get those effects last xpac. The epic quest wasn't quick and easy quest to do. DBG owes us easier access to those adorns especially because we already put in the time there. I'd be perfectly happy if they would just make them tradeable like the others. I'd buy them if I had to.
  14. knine Well-Known Member

We shouldn't have to buy them.. They MADE us all TS last expac to get epics ( yes they aren't needed.. blah blah blah), but those of us that do TS put in the time to be able to make these. There is no reason, especially since you changed the armor slots, for these to be RNG.. I've seen people with 6-10 of these on broker already and know people who run these zones every single night and have gotten 3 total in a week. 6 toons running every night and you have 3. Every piece of armor that you have to replace needs orange adorns... absolutely makes no sense at all..
    Snikkety likes this.
  15. Jhen Ro Active Member

Looks like they are all jumbled up.

Orange Rune versions of the old purples are on broker now on Skyfire. Excitement, Thought, and Ruin, specifically, for Foundations

I can't tell if this is intended or not.......

Did they get the drop in solo/heroic zones, bought more off of the adornment merchant, and are now selling on broker? If so, that feels.....like a bug?
  16. SteveB Active Member

no, people are selling them to make profit. The demand is high so they can make easyly half a million to a million per adornment...
    I can't afford that or only could do that if I buy kronos and sell them for inGame cash but that is how the system work currently with the rare dropping orange adornments.
  17. Jhen Ro Active Member

So you loot one in a heroic/solo zone - that flags your account as being able to purchase them. Ok, that I get.

Is the one that drops in zones heirloom or lore-equip only?

Does buying one off of the broker flag you to purchase more yourself? Or you just have that one, single rune until you buy more?
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

Buying them off the broker does not flag your account. Only looting it from the chest does (it comes with a 'keying' bauble that is auto-consumed. The oranges that are duplicates for the crafted purples from KA are 100% tradeable.. both the ones looted from the box and any subsequent ones that a person buys off the adornment NPC for tokens, plat and status.
  19. Nero Active Member

There is no orange out there that will make BoR worth casting again. The damage proc that has replaced the actual "reflect", will do like 5% of the damage it used to do..... if you're lucky.
    Snikkety likes this.
  20. Arieva Well-Known Member

I feedbacked on beta that the new bulwark needed some tweaking. If I had access to using it against current content I would continue to do so. Unfortunately I dont because its gated behind a ridiculous heirloom flagged rare drop mechanic. The changes to reflects went in fairly late in beta..i'd like to think they would still entertain feedback on it. They wont get any meaningful feedback though with the way the drop is structured