[Suggestion] Orange adornments in PoP..and how they are acquired

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Arieva, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Arieva Well-Known Member

The method of obtaining Orange adorns this xpac is one of the most frustrating things to me, as implemented currently. Basically pure RNG luck to get orange adorns that do the same thing of the purple adorns/item effects we already had? After playing the xpac several days its clear to me that these drops are overly rare and won't be easily acquired unless you are willing to pay tons of plat to the lucky few on broker that were able to acquire them (grats on winning the lottery btw). So either the drop rate needs to increase substantially or the method of acquiring should be changed in my honest opinion. Especially on the ascension effects, they probably should have just been unlocked when we completed the 3 factions + sig line without any additional requirement. Don't forget that we did a long grueling quest last xpac to have the items those abilities originally were attached to. Why should we have to earn them again?? Especially since several of the ascension abilities require these effects to be even marginally useful (Bulwark of RIme, Thermal Depletion for example).

As for the rest..I'm fine earning those again but somehow reliable would be nice like by using currency we acquire in heroic to do it. Right now I just feel like except in the case of the uber rich gamers willing to dump lots of plat...those orange slots will just stay empty for the foreseeable future. If you wanted to add new effects in POP that are super rare and acquired purely by pure RNG sillyness that's fine, it would be an easier pill to swallow than making a full tier of gear with simply a different colored slot on it and then making the adorns that fill those slots 1000x more difficult to acquire than the same effects were in the previous content. Cmon guys.
    Toxify, Thilka, Andric and 1 other person like this.
  2. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Well you know.. we don't have a TS line to make them like we did last expac.. so yeah. Good job devs
    Quillyne and Kheldorm like this.
  3. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I agree. Some of us may never get them dropped to unlock to buy them from a merchant. It really would look ridiculous that some of us will run around with unadorned gear and jewelry no matter how many times we would run instances and how hard we play. At least in previous expansion we were able to craft purple adornments. The same with crates rewards. RNG is not a kind lady. For example, I keep getting infusers when some my peers already got nice things.
  4. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hi, I agree 200% to Arieva,

the Oranges Addorns should be free and buyable for everyone who has completed these horrible grindeing Signature, may be the Discover of the Teleporters too, which is much easy, but not all Markable items in the Far Overland Zone, thats a very bad Requierment evan the Addorns are essencial for us to make a Toon Heroic / Raid ready.

How long we should wait fo geting the Crafter timeline and may be craft 1 or 2 Addorns after done at one Crafter class as in KA.
    So we are questing the half addon 6month with Tradeskillers to get ready for Raid or Heroic Content not realy an option for me.

Without these Addorns and the New Gear which lost the Purple slots we are feeling naked only a full addornd Toon looks well and acts well.
    The Addorns are needed fo so much stats like HP / Pot / Fervor / CB and much more like the once which increase the Ascendent Abillitys.

SO DEVS remove the Overland Markable Requierment for getting them use/buy able or many players will go home and play other better MMOs because they ll never get ready to do anything in this Addon.

For some Classes its frustrating at the beginning in PoP because of classspecifical low DPS and if you say the addon would be ALT / Twink able i say TO you its NOT, because A twink pleasent Content requiers a Short start with the Main toon and than twink after twink.
    Groupebuilding is depending on the fact that the Players could log throught thier playable toons to get a playable Group as for me i play Tank / DDs / Healer / Bard so i could log on whats needed to fill a group and have fun with frinds.

The Main is usualy the most played and loved toon yes, but its never the only one, because of the fact everyday same meal would be boaring at some time, so we need to have more options to play and that quickly and not having Toons ready at the end of a Expac like in KA.

Requierments are good but not if they hinder players from playing the game.
    1 or 2 Month in Total will be ok to get 3 toons ready for a normal 2 up maybe 4h gaming player but not the half or complete addon.

This way frustrates players and make the leave the game because thier will be no horizon of succes for them.

And one more point for critics is why da hell you broke the Gear systhm with rubbering the CB from gear , the mechnics worked well in the last 13 Addons so wtf now we need to rethink our reforging and gearing systhem??????

You need to build the Game after reminding the saying " NEVER TOUCH A RUNNING SYSTHEM "

So in the END

Less Requierments
    Less Grinding
    More Content ( Story)
    Faster Gear Up on Alts

Helfiren
    Quillyne, Kheldorm and Observing like this.
  5. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I'm fine with the orange adornments being drops, but I haven't seen enough of a drop rate on them to determine their rarity.However, I am annoyed at the lack of jewelry options on these runes. Only a handful can fit in them, which means tons of empty slots......
  6. knine Well-Known Member

well your empty slots will be equivalent to those of us who have horrible RNG for orange adornments do drop out of the zones then. This should be in advanced recipes, or at least when the TS line comes out, THEY better give it as part of the reward. RNG in this game has been messed up for years and they slowly went away from it for the most part, except the duck portal and burnt key stuff, but that's tolerable at least.
    Kraeref likes this.
  7. Arieva Well-Known Member

Ive been doing heroics/solos every night since xpac and only have seen one total in nearly a week of running. It was in a solo so at least I won it by default. I was hoping heroic content would prove a significantly higher rate but we've seen none. Pretty ridiculous
    Observing likes this.
  8. Melt Actually plays the game

i've seen 5 in the first week of the xpac. the RNG is not that bad.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

Where I've seen zero in that time... hence RNG ;)

Considering we have 14+ orange slots.. and at least some of the orange adorns we get are NOT going to be the ones we want...
    That is lots of time where most people are going to be 1/2 adorned or less... even months into the expac, let adorned as good as we were before we had to give up all our purple adorns.
    Kheldorm and Kraeref like this.
  10. Melt Actually plays the game

I just highly doubt that someone can go months into an expac and not get a relatively common drop is all.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

I think your definition of 'common drop' is different then mine.. or you have much better luck with RNG then I do...
    Toxify, Kheldorm and Kraeref like this.
  12. Melt Actually plays the game

I say relatively, in comparison with items from last xpac.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

What adorns (or other set of items) from last expac are you comparing them to?
  14. Melt Actually plays the game

Planar fragments
  15. knine Well-Known Member

Its not common is problem.. Its all RNG.. example.. TOT etherals.. I didn't get a single zone drop all summer and had to get the currency to get the items... KA summer ethereal runs I got 0 drops and had to get the coins to buy the cloak/rune/belt. RNG is horrible.. always has been and always will be. The orange runes should be put back on crafters and hopefully they will add them in for recipes you can get upon completing the TS timeline.. in January lol
    Kheldorm and Kraeref like this.
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

Except you needed far fewer fragments.. and you weren't looking for specific fragments...
    If it was an orange adorn 'crate' where you could pick ANY adorn you wanted I might consider them comparable.. but we need far more orange adorns.. and we're going to want specific adorns.
    I'm sure that the first oranges I get will be from the useless set that was shared by TS archtypes last expac.. because that's how my luck runs :p
  17. Yado Active Member

Six of us in my guild on Skyfire have completed the sig line in PoP and have run the solos many times for the tokens as well as the PQ's. So counting us all we have seen one orange drop in a solo, that's kind of a low drop rate and she really had no real use for that particular adorn. There are what 20+- orange ruins that can pop out of a random chest, so really you have two random chances rolling against you. They should just let us buy the set bonus ones that would cut some of the ugly randomnesses away. Also as a side note where are the rest of the Ruin adorns haven't seen a one in beta nor live. Haven't seen any evidence of the new white adorns from the Planar Adornments recipe book, has it even "discovered" yet?
  18. Earar Well-Known Member

I would remind all of u that the game has only been released 1 week ago ... and u already complain u don't have everything

things will come, just be a bit patient.

it gives us a reason to run zones. Some people already reached the raid/T3 heroic res requirement ... at least those adorns give a reason to run the zones .. and they drop, I already saw 3 (got 1)

and maybe not everything has been out yet. like receipes pages or scrolls for new asc spells.

Just be a bit patient. At least the orange runes are in game. So u can farm them, some aren't yet ...

what they could have done is when the orange adorn drops, one get the adorn but the whole group gets the tag to buy the rune. that would have been nice (but still would mean less farming ;) )
  19. Melt Actually plays the game

Considering having seen 5-6 oranges in the first week of the xpac vs the 5-6 that i got in the 7 months that i had my epic... Not saying RNG isn't a factor, but the sample size is incriminating.
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

Where I've seen zero orange adorns this expac and gotten 2 planar fragments (from PoP mission crates) already this expac.
    One of my friend has aleady gotten 4 planar fragments, from PoP content, this expac.....