[Suggestion] Orange adornments in PoP..and how they are acquired

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Arieva, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

Except not quite.. for every expansion preceeding this one, adorns were something that you could absolutely fill without too much pain or time.
    This expac they seem to be treating them as 'optional' equipment slots. And with a good chunk of them being exact duplicates of adorns we were able to craft last expansion.. are were forced to give up this expac... It leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
    ESPECIALLY since which adorn you get each time is random. You can't even pick which one you want... you could get one that is completely useless to your toon...
    Quillyne, Toxify, Kheldorm and 2 others like this.
  2. Observing Active Member

Yes, I am 100% not OK with super rare drops to replace equipment I already had last expansion.
    Kheldorm likes this.
  3. Observing Active Member

They are selling on the broker for 5 million plat. That is rare.
    Toxify and Xillean like this.
  4. Andric Member

Agreed - this is bad/lazy design and needs fixing.
    Quillyne and Kheldorm like this.
  5. Melt Actually plays the game

No, it means that people are either willing to buy them for that much, (which is dumb) or people put them for that much for no reason. My guild mate is selling them for 500k, which isn't unreasonable this early into the xpac. I've already made that much from 3 key quests. They are rare due to the xpac being 5 days old.
  6. semisus Does not play this game

I would suggest we can buy the adornments for the tears of ro currency , we wont get the unlock for other characters for it but it would work
    Ofcourse for a higher price than the unlock costs.
    Can make the more rare ones cost more
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Buying more after you unlock them already costs status, tears of ro and plat....
  8. semisus Does not play this game

i know but 45 coins is not alot , if the price was 200 without the unock and other same amounts it would make sense,
  9. Kraeref Well-Known Member

And I've seen none. At average we are all good, but in reality not so.
  10. Kraeref Well-Known Member

^^^ this. They should be craftable like purple adornments last expac so everybody can get them through broker or by craft.
    Quillyne likes this.
  11. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Craftable would mean they'd have to give us the means of being able to craft them.. maybe that would mean a book of adornments that adorners would get at say 550, maybe you know.. a TS line, like last expac. Except we don't have one in which the devs essentially said F you, go have fun with RNG. And while yes, it's new and there's still plenty of time to get adorns and have RNG go in your favor, there are those of us who have horrible RNG and will now be screwed until we get that random drop of that random adorn that may or may not be what we want/need
    Kheldorm and Quillyne like this.
  12. Dannni Active Member

The orange versions of the KA runes are 45 tears of ro AND tradeable. They will come down in price on the broker SIGNIFICANTLY as more drop. Predicting 20k price on orange adorns within a relatively short period of time. Anyway the benefits from them are really not that amazing anymore.
    Snikkety likes this.
  13. Arieva Well-Known Member

Personally I'd agree with you and not be so peeved at the system if it weren't for ascension bonuses being blockaded behind this. Some ascensions are freaking awesome right out the gate (cough..etherealist...cough) and others needed the item bonuses to really be at all competitive ...like Bulwark of Rime. I haven't cast that spell since I had to give up that piece 6 months ago....I'd like the functionality back and I'd also like to see them tune it to be a useful ascension since its no longer a reflect but right now it just feels like DBG is giving a big kick to the dirt to elementalists by making these item effects crazy hard to acquire.
  14. Arieva Well-Known Member

After talking to a player who has one of the ascension orange runes, he has no recollection of getting a "drop" on the rune that allowed him to purchase it...so some help here if anyone knows..how are these account flags actually acquired for the heirloom ascension bonus runes
  15. Kunaak New Member

I completely hate almost everything about orange adorments.

almost none are interesting, its the same sets as purple ones, the good ones are locked behind events long gone, this xpac has them as rare drops, that even earning the tokens and such doesnt allow you to get them.

I hate having all this gear with blank adornment slots.
    it kills any hype I had for obtaining that gear if I cant use it fully.

This system is a mess.
    Quillyne and Kheldorm like this.
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

Considering that you only get a base of 2 coins per mission (4 if you're a member) that's 5 to 10 missions... per adornment.. and 22 orange adornment slots.. per toon... that adds up reaaaaaly fast.
    Kheldorm likes this.
  17. Dannni Active Member

The system is fine and yes there are new ones so you obviously did bother to check
  18. Dannni Active Member

You forgot the weeklys. Public quests are also super easy and give 10 coins. Also heroics give loads of coins. Soreally its nowhere near as bad as you think
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

I didn't say solo missions give 2 coins. I said missions give 2 coins. Heroic and solo currently both give 2 coins.

derp I forgot that yesterday the solo missions were being listed as heroic in the journal
  20. Dannni Active Member

Heroic quests give 10 coins. Also many of them you can buy off the broker for plat, which requires zero coins. Price will come down a lot as more drop