SPRING ROAD TRIP!!!!

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cyrrena, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Cool story! :D

And yeah, buffalo/bison only really get riled when people are being idiots around them. X-P It's like with whales when you're whale-watching: don't crowd them, don't get too close on your own, don't try to force them to do anything (you'll lose when the critter is 10x the size of your boat ;->), let them come to you and make the first, if not only moves. :)

What's the green in green gold? I figure the red in the pinkish may be copper, a natural alloy with gold, but I haven't been able to figure out the green part yet. :-/

Uwk
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Do they do neutrino hunting there? :)

Uwk
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Kuulei Well-Known Member

They received a 1 billion dollar grant and just started on the new neutrino lab, it is supposed to be operational in late 2027
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  4. Elyria Well-Known Member

it is Silver that makes it green ;)
    Soara2, Breanna, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm not much for gold. But I have seen some interesting gold and pink sunsets in the long ago and far away. It was back in Texas, there were barely in street lights, except in the downtown itself. A friend and I used to drive out to the lake, and sit and watch the waves alpping o nthe shre, and the stars go by over head.

In even younger days back then I could go outside after sunset, and watch Sputnik and later on Hamm the chimp go by. The mosquitoes were biting my toes and ears, but I saw the stars at night, and the nebulae glowing to.

Gero reaches into a virtual pocket and pulls out a telescope. It has lots of lenses. So step right up, and look at the planets, stars, and galaxies so far away. Its a reflector type. No motor, you move it by hand.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have been there as well Kuulei, it is gorgeous country and you are so lucky to live there!!!
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Alright ROAD TRIPPERS today we are hitting Rushmore Caves, Custer State Park, and the Pigtails. The Pigtails are not something that will take a great amount of time so we can be leisurely about Rushmore Caves and Custer State Park. Just to be safe, we will set the time delays a bit.

Yesterday was outstanding!!! I so enjoy going to Mount Rushmore but I always love Crazy Horse Monument more, maybe because I visited the site for years while it was still in progress. I do believe there should be more sites like Crazy Horse Monument dedicated to Native Americans.

I think while we are in the Badlands tomorrow, we should follow the Trail of Tears back to Yellowstone, since we plan to visit Yellowstone from both the Montana and Wyoming Sides!! Then we can bop up to Wisconsin, which I know will make Schmet very excited, cheese galore, as we have a lot of places on our list in Wisconsin. I personally never knew there were so many places in Wisconsin that made the top 20 must see for amusement parks, wild animal parks, and water parks.

Remember we must still dress warm, every place we are is still a bit chilly and we are still using the bikes and the trikes!!
    Soara2, Pijotre, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Eyes her own private fridge packet with bacon and cheese o yea there is still some room in here.
    Get's one , no 10 of the cabana boys to stash her 150 shopping bags from the worlds biggest mal into the luggage trailer.
    and yes I got enough cloths too , and's ratongas look's cute in anything's ( besides inside a stomach)
    So I got's to get one of those cheese head hats.
    But first I's needs some Buffalo wings hmm did's not know they had's wings.
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  9. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Mmmmmm bacon....
    Pixistik, Cyrrena, Soara2 and 3 others like this.
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

Ok so does anyone want to switch dev's with me? I just found out the Ttobey is not house broken SIGH I feel sorry for the Maids. Plus he chews with his mouth open (very rude). Of course I probably shouldn't say the bad things he does so maybe someone will switch. He keeps trying to jump of the trike too, I don't know how his wife does it, she must be a saint.

On the down side though I did some checking on Babalo Island I guess it's been a while LOL I found out it closed in 1993, so the park is still there but it's overgrown with trees and bushes and whatnot but the buildings are all still there. So the only thing it would be good for is maybe harvesting, and we don't want to do that on our fun road trip.

We may have to do all the lighthouses when we get to Michigan. And even Mackinaw Island they have the best fudge in all the world, of course I could be biased. There was actually a movie filmed at the Grand Hotel on Mackinaw I forget the name I think was Somewhere in Time. We also have several Sand Dunes for those who like to go 4 wheeling, we used to take our Dune Buggy up to Silver Lake Sand Dunes we had a blast, it's right on Lake Michigan.
    Pixistik, Cyrrena, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  11. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Was that the movie with Christopher Reeves that wasn't Superman, or am I misremembering? If it's the one I'm thinking of, it was very good and very sad. :-/

EDIT: Looks like Rosy beat me to it... ;->

Personally, I don't dig four-wheeling at all; usually, it's worse for the environment than even the tricycle ATVs and jeeps; too often, four-wheelers have two parallel tire tracks rather than just two or even three. Very nasty, and use of them anywhere but registered areas for that cause damage that can take centuries to recover from, especially in a desert. A lake beach, I dunno; more flexible (we don't have a ton of big fresh water sources in California; we do have the best cheese, though ;->)?

It's fascinating to watch Nature coming back in an area where people were; some areas of Cyprus, for example, where there were no-man's-lands, and the fallout area of Chernobyl (the critters there may glow in the dark and have 3 eyes and 14 noses each, but at least they're not being hunted or otherwise bothered ;->); not to mention the DMZ between North and South Korea. There are species of plants and animals there that exist nowhere else in northeast Asia any more except for a place where humans would get defenestrated if they so much as set a toe in the area. ;-> It would be cool to see what becomes of Babalo Island in a few years! :)

Uwk
  13. Elyria Well-Known Member

Nope. :p
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Schmetterling like this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

sorry but I lived in California for 20 years and all the good cheese came from elsewhere ,
    well at least the stuff that has a well known name , but don't get me wrong there was milk cows and dairy industry going
    there .
    One of my favorite commercials they had for California milk products was a heard of cows enjoying an earthquake
    as foot massage he, he, ha ,ha :D.
    there are many things California is famous for cheese is not really one .
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Oh goodie ROAD TRIPPERS!!!! My brain kicked into gear when we arrived here in the Badlands so we don't miss some other must sees!!!

While we are here, we need to use today to visit Badlands National Park, we will set the time delay so for every 5 minutes outside of the bubble is 1 week inside of our bubble so we will not miss anything. If we are done and exhausted early, we can readjust our delay after our barbecue, with of course, S'mores, roasting marshmallows, and gooey cheese on a stick with the brand new cheese I filled a cooler trailer with while in Oregon.

Tomorrow we can visit Devil's Tower National Monument, Jewel Cave National Monument, Black Elk Peak, and Wind Cave National Park, we will set our time delay exactly the same and have another barbecue at the end of the day.

I noticed our Cabana Boys and French Maids were looking a bit haggard, so I dumped all of them and hired 16 new Cabana Boys and 8 new French Maids, YAY, again they will be kept separated since the others could not behave we wont take a chance with the new batch. I also hired us 2 Chefs that specialize in Barbecues since we all seem to love them and love Steak whether its in a restaurant or on the grill. And for our Ratonga friends, one of them is a Cheese Master!!!

Friday, we will be hitting Wisconsin, lots of stuff to do there, lots of cheese and ice cream and COWS!!!! Maybe we should just have an industrial ice cream maker and maybe some type of new fangled cheese maker installed in the Virtual Touring Buses since we will be getting into less cheesy and ice creamy territories soon. Remember, we are still in chilly weather so dress warmly. All the Hot Tubs have been drained, cleaned and sanitized for our protection and refilled with fresh water set at nice ambient temperatures.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Cheese ?! Oh dear, I used to belong to a cheese club, back last century. I got to try double creme havarti made in Denmark. MmmmMmmm. Delicious. No cheese food cheese from that club. Unfortunately the club stopped selling cheese years ago. Whimper.

Devils Tower is supposed to be where 7 sisters were raised up up so bears couldn't get them. Then they were placed in the sky, they are now known as the Plaeides. The Seven Sisters. Yes 7, although it takes a dark night sky and very good eyesight to see all 7 of them.

Ambient water in the hot tubs ? I would freeze... brrr. Warmer please ?
    Lateana, Soara2, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

aaaahhh highway 50 the loneliest road in the united stats if you just lie on the street , you got a good chance to get runn over in about 12 hours or more.
    and please Ratongas do not live on cheese alone I like bacon and nuts too *,...,*
    Man it's 90 where I live .
    Can't wait till we get to Yellow Stone and the Fire pot river or something like that I am going to cook myself some nice Cat.

ahhh Cat Fish.

sorry Rosy was not done typing yet hmm 5 edits that should do.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, so those are the mysterious lights I've seen around Devil's Tower... ;->

Uwk
    who used to see the Pleiades every night up in central California, out in the country...very pretty; seems like every culture around the planet has legends about them :)
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Ahhh another AB FAB day yesterday in the Badlands of South Dakota.

Today ROAD TRIPPERS, we will be visiting Devil's Tower National Monument, Jewel Cave National Monument, Black Elk Peak, and Wind Cave National Park. Again our time delay in our bubble is set at 5 minutes outside of the ROAD TRIP is equivalent to one week inside of our ROAD TRIP bubble. And a barbecue at the end of the day with Steak, baked potatoes, an assortment of veggies and salads, S'mores, ice cream, roasted marshmallows, and gooey cheese on a stick wrapped in bacon, and bowls of various nuts all around, with little take out bags of nuts for Schmet to take along to stash!!

I have had the Cabana Boys and French Maids turn the Hot Tubs up to a nice Hot Shower Temperature, please check before you enter to make sure they are not to hot!!!

Breanna, I have switched you and Pijotre for the next couple of legs of the trip, lets see how that goes. You are with Gninja and Pijotre is with Ttobey and Mrs Ttobey.

Tomorrow, Friday, we will be in Wisconsin!! We have quite a few sites to see here, we will plan for 3 days. We have Wilderness Territory Park and Kalahari Water Park in Wisconsin Dells, EAA AirVenture Museum in Oshkosh, Taliesin East: Frank Lloyd Wright's Perfect County Home and The House on the Rock in Spring Green, Wisconsin, The Harley Davidson Museum in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Circus World Museum in Baraboo, Wisconsin, and All Steamed Up: The National Railroad Museum in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Additionally we have about 10 various cheese and ice cream producers on the list!! If anybody else has any suggestions, we can add a day or two to visit those. I do have a cousin that has an animal farm, its called Gee Funny Farm in Mukwonago, Wisconsin.

My Cousin Kathy has Parrots, hedgehogs, cherry head tortoises, chinchillas, bearded dragons, chickens, roosters, Dutch rabbits, ball pythons, geese, peacocks and peahens, Nigerian dwarf goats, mini pigs, Flemish giant rabbits, Heritage Turkeys, sheep, llamas, mini horses, mini donkeys, Navajo Churro sheep, Alpaca, LaMancha cross goats, babydoll sheep wether, LaMancha goat wether, Shetland sheep wether, Highland/Dexter Cross Steer, 2-toed sloths, arctic foxes, sugar gliders, emus, Southern flying squirrels, Percheron Cross horses, Angora goats, Patagonian maras, Suri Alpacas, pygmy goats, prairie dogs, wallabies, aracaris, quarter horses, Oberhasli goats, short-tails opossums, Bennett wallabies, Nubian goats, raccoons, and ferrets. This started as her personal collection of pets and she started using them as educational animals for deaf children as she has been an international sign language interpreter for about 40 years, now she has turned her farm into an educational experience for everybody that comes there, including clubs, schools, churches, boy scouts, girl scouts, etc. Most of these are rescues, the veterinarians in the various places she has lived know that she cares for these animals in a loving and responsible manner so they have placed these animals with her. She has begun a breeding program for the emus and so far has successfully hatched more than 27 emu chicks which is more than a lot of zoos have accomplished.
  20. Breanna Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for Pijotre Ttobey is a handful, I hope Gninja is better behaved LOL

I think you should put us down for the animal farm that sound really fun. One thing I have always wanted to do is learn sign language, I have no reason too but I've just always wanted to.

The Hot Tubs are a perfect temperature :)

It was good switching out the Cabana Boys and French Maids they were looking a bit overworked, don't know why we're gone most of the time. Also the new BBQ chef you got rocks, it is some of the best I've ever had.
    Soara2, Pijotre, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.