SPRING ROAD TRIP!!!!

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cyrrena, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

oh oh ohhhhhh roses they's smell almost as good as cheese:D
    and they are sooooo beautyfull
    Runns through garden sniffing all the roseses.
    ( nose getting bigger and bigger and more and more red and runs the marathon.)
    ha ha ha HAHA siuuuuuuuuhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiii I dont's mind ( goes to gift shop and buys a big box of tissues.
    And now I got to hop on a hoover craft and zoom on over to "Buchart Gardens " another beautiful park
    :cool: wow you got to see this it's over 100 years old and I don't have the words to describe's it
    I had forgotten it's here . those Canadians for sure's know how to make gorges gardens.
    Elyria, Cyrrena, Rhodris and 3 others like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Birds? Big enough to feed -- ah, impress a Kerra? :D

Uwk
    looking for a nearby convenient tree to sharpen up the ol' claws on... ;->
  3. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

What does a 500 lb. canary say?

(Highlight below to see the answer)

Here, kitty, kitty...
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Joe Bethancourt song. ;->

Actually, the title was something like "The 500-Pound Mouse Blues" and mentioned a big canary ("TWEET, TWEET."), but the blues the mouse had was when it was stomping around a city, scaring everyone, turned a corner into an alley and "stepped right on the tail of an 8,000 pound cat wearin' Hell's Angels colors...OOPS! /spoken to the audience: That'll give a mouse a lotta blues real fast, wouldn't it?"
    Rosyposy, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

grabs the biggest hotdog I ever saw , puts it on a bun and put's on some mustard and opens mouth and ..... iuuee why is this so hairy looks up after the hot dog mover :eek: o sorry Pijotre.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Ahhhh wasn't the Rose Garden gorgeous and the Glacier, second time I have been there and I can never get enough of it. I will definitely have to come back again. The barbecue was another welcome meal to finish off another great day, the S'mores and the marshmallows, mmmmm, yummy, and the special gooey cheese on a stick for Schmet, I think I saw Schmet with a backpack stuffing, lots of cheese on a stick inside, we will have to keep an eye out.

Now a day at Canada's Largest Shopping Mall with the Water Park and the Amusement Park inside!!! I don't know what to hit first, probably the amusement park, and then the water park, then I will look like a drowned Wood Elf to do a bit of shopping.

Tomorrow, we hit Custer, South Dakota, I have made arrangements for a large selection of Harley Davidson Motorcyles and a bunch of sidecars, so if you do not know how to ride or are not comfortable, you can ride in a side car. For those that are dev buddies, we have some really cool trikes. We will be going to the pigtails, Crazy Horse Monument, Mount Rushmore, Leed, Deadwood, and Sturgis. Then since I believe the SPRING ROAD TRIP is going to be meshing into the SUMMER ROAD trip since we want to hit the Kennedy and Johnson space centers in July, we can return to Sturgis in August for THE STURGIS ANNUAL BIKE RALLY, well over 100,000 people in a town that is less that 2 square miles, it is so cool.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I got's enough glaciers for's the year , first the one in Olympic st park than the ones'es in Athabasca ( those I looked at from a lower warmer region )
    I am looking forward's to shopping and a nice warm day indoors.
    (putts on hiking boots to get ready for the hike through the mal.)
    I's finally get's more cloths on to SHOPPPPPPIIINNGGGG,( brings cool box) and I make's sure to get's lots of Canadian
    bacon. my favorite.
  8. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I do suggest also hitting Rushmore Cave when you hit the Black Hills of South Dakota (my home), Forecast is for light snow with a high of 39, so dress warmly!:p
    When you make the return trip for the 79th Sturgis Rally in August, expect around 500,000 visitors, not 100,000!
    Not as many as I suspect will be here in 2020 when its the 80th anniversary. Numbers always seem to go up when the anniversary year is divisible by 5.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

With my jump from a 21" screen up to my new 40" screen, its much clearer now !

Yeehaa ! And I'm glad you liked the barbeque.

I had a MotoGuzzi 850 many years ago, but it didn't have a kickstart. So, its sidecar for me.
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

Woo Hoo I've always wanted to ride on a Trike, and I get to drive and Ttobey will just have to sit and enjoy it. He's still trying to get warm from the glacier poor thing. I had the French maids get him in the hot tub but he still can't get the chill out. I almost missed the BBQ, which was awesome by the way, because I couldn't get him out of the hot tub.

Maybe once we start doing the water slide and running around the amusement park he'll perk up a bit.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ice skating yea if it's that cold's up there's we could's do that indoor or outdoor
    I think's I skip the motor bikes I don't want my whiskerses to get's frost bite.
  12. Mirt Well-Known Member

13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Stirges? I hate those things...nasty li'l bloodsuckers. :p

At least their beaks and whatnot bring in a pretty penny. ;->

Uwk
    Elyria, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Custer, South Dakota, feels like home, its the closest thing to home here in the States for me.

Don't worry Schmet, a few of the side cars have bubble tops so you wouldn't have to have the wind in your whiskers, you could sit in the side car with the bubble top down and the heat on.

Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse Monument today. We can do Rushmore Caves, Custer State Park, and the Pigtails tomorrow, and hit the Badlands on Wednesday before heading off to Yellowstone. Just remember to dress warmly for the next few days and do not think that you can win a hand to hand with a Buffalo.

*SIDESTORY*

The first year I went to Sturgis, 1993, I went to Custer State Park and was stopped on the shoulder watching a couple of herds of buffalo just meandering about eating grass and such just like cows do and I have an affinity for cows. My feet were killing me so I had taken my boots off and was laying back on my bike with my feet on the bars. I wasn't watching my feet, next thing I knew I about fell off my bike when there was a slurp on my feet, there was a buffalo cow standing right there licking my feet. Of course it tickled and I didn't want to scare her so I moved as slowly and carefully as I could to get one foot on the ground so I didn't topple off the bike. I was then sitting up enough with one foot on the bars, yes I am double jointed, that I could rub her top knot on her head and all bovine love that. So she was licking my foot, I was rubbing her top knot and scratching her head, and about 100 people were standing around ooohhhingg and aaahhhinggg that this buffalo and I were connecting with one another. She knew I was not going to hurt her and I knew she was not going to hurt me. I rubber her nose, and kissed her on top of her nose and then she turned and went to go back to her herd, she got about half way back to them and stopped and looked back at me and gave a small bellow, like a goodbye and thank you for the rub. And of course there was a lot of ooohhhingg and aaahhhinggg again. Then I could hear some women saying how could you let that buffalo lick you like that and some other people saying that thing could have killed her. I just had to laugh. Animals know if you are a threat and will respond in kind. I have only missed one Sturgis Rally since 1993, I cannot ride my beloved 1993 Dyna Wideglide any longer, I had to sell it when the MS took to much of my muscle strength to be able to hold it up any more, but I still go. Since I will probably remain in the states until I pass, since my daughters are here, I will more than likely move to Custer, South Dakota within the next 5 years, it is the closest place to Dublin, that I have found.

*END OF SIDESTORY*

Just breathe in all this clean, cool air and enjoy the beauty and majesty of this area, there is really no place else like it in the States. Oh and do not forget to buy yourself something made from Black Hills Gold, its not like other gold, there is a pinkish hue and a greenish hue as well as the normal yellow. You cannot get this gold anyplace else. And Custer has one of the best Goldsmith's I have ever met.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ooooooooooh aaaaaahhhhhh , Cyrrena my heart goes out to you
    I have other friends with MS and it hurts to see them suffer but I saw also lot's of courage and I have a feeling your a stubborn one too :).
    Don't let it slow you down , much .
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I like wide open spaces, and the fresh air... but there are times the insects and small critters don't like me but do like my lunch. Or what ever other vittles I bring.

Any Who.

I can't dance, but I have watched motorcycles diddly bop down the highway.

Ah, a few eagles over head and I see some wolves off in the distance.
  17. Breanna Well-Known Member

You make me want to cry sometimes :(

I love the wide open spaces also.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

a bit off topic

My apologies. I used to go camping every month, rain or shine, hot weather or cold. Now I'm just old. Car camping for me now. I can still put up a tent by myself though. Used to be a canvas 3 person tent, no floor. Now its a 2 person popup nylon tent, but the tent poles are a struggle.

I like to watch birds and animals out yonder. I have ancestors from all over. My imagination is still good. I design ad&d dungeons and Traveller worlds. Maybe I can get around to designing EQ II dungeons.

back on topic.

No clover here that I can see,
    but I do hear the buzz of the bumble bee,
    no buzzards over head,
    I heard an owl hoot last night,
    early this moring some squirrels tried,
    to get the animal proof trash bin open,
    by hopping up and down on it,
    it didn't budge,
    then they left in different directions,
    apparently the dinner date was off.

edit: parenthetical note. I just wrote the above, so no worries about copyright. Its mine.
  19. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I live 3 miles from Deadwood, SD and 16 Miles from Sturgis SD, in small town of 3100 residents, called Lead. SD.
    Once the home of Homestake Mining company, which at one time was boasted as the largest and deepest gold mine in North America. Now it's home to the deepest DUSEL (deep underground science and engineering lab) in North America! If you care to, you can watch the chamber of commerce's video HERE.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I love's listening to stories by the campfires, Geroblue we just have to do that on our tip.
    make smorrs or simply roast marshmallows and hotdogs on a stick.
    I was going to tell you about this time I's went to Canada with's my family.
    we went over's there and the sky was all black with clouds as dark as sooty smoke .
    we drove's down this narrow road in a full tone full sized van.
    We come's by this digital warning sign saying Dust Storm ahead blinking in bright red.
    they had not rained in weeks there's.
    So we's eyes the sky ( scary ) well suddenly it starts to poor I mean so bad yours would drown in it standing's on the ground
    We got's to the next town and it was 5 to 10 inches under water. We'd plow right through there in our van casing
    tidal waves on both sides .
    my little son was asking if we could's go back to the town and do it again
    It's really funny when my family goes on trips it rains in the dessert .
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy, Geroblue and 2 others like this.