SPRING ROAD TRIP!!!!

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cyrrena, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! Just a li'l rattie, how big a cannonball can it be-- >splgrph<

Okay, that big... ;->

Uwk
    chasing after the rat who's probably channeling her nutria self; lion kerra can't swim terribly well ;->
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I hear that hollow chocolate has no calories.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

*giggles while watching everybody get drenched from Schmet's cannonball as they didn't realize she was in the wavepool and timed it just when a wave was incoming*

Hmmm, hollow chocolate has no calories you say? *makes note to buy lots of hollow chocolate*
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Here we are ROAD TRIPPERS!!!

One of the tastiest stops on our journey Hershey's World in Hershey, Pennsylvania. Anything and everything chocolate you can imagine. I have already toured the museum on the History of Chocolate. Our tour of the Hershey Factory begins at 1:00 pm after lunch. So we still have about 2 hours to poke around the museum or the various gift shops. After the factory tour which is about 90 minutes, we get to go to the theme park again!!! We will be staying the night in a Virtual 5 Star Resort here in Hershey tonight and tomorrow we will be going to Punxsutawney, Pennysylvania and the surrounding areas to visit some Amish markets and Farms for some shopping.

Sunday, we will be heading south to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee to visit … Dollywood. Then in the afternoon, I have gotten us reservations at the Grand 'Ole Opry in Nashville. We will be staying at a Virtual 5 Star Resort and Spa in Nashville Sunday Night. If anybody has anything else they wish to see in Tennessee, now is the time to speak up, otherwise, on Monday, we will be moving on to Pine Mountain, Georgia.

Now head on out and gobble up all the chocolate you possibly can and remember this is virtual so buy metric tons to take home!!!
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I forgot we are going to Hershey next I am going to make a splash there :D.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm, Punxsutawney...isn't that where Groundhog Phil, or whatever his name is, is from? Mmm...groundhogs. :p

Just not in the chocolate fountain! It's probably too hot! ;->

Uwk
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Right you are Uwk, Punxsutawney Phil!!!
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Happy Saturday ROAD TRIPPERS!!!!!

Here we are in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania. Home of Punxsutawney Phil, the Groundhog!! There are Amish shops and markets all over the area and tons of them within 25 miles. We can have a nice relaxing day of hunting down those house items, buying some nice jams, sausages, cheeses, breads, and other Amish made goods. The workmanship in their carpentry is second to none. The Cabana Boys are standing by to take your purchases to the luggage haulers at any moment. Tonight we will be porting south to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee where I have reserved us a large group campground so we can have a camping/glamping night again with another barbecue since it has been a while since our last one and we can have the chefs and bakers make use of some of the items we picked up in Punxsutawney.

Sunday morning, its Dollywood. Another amusement park, they have very good food, some theaters, cute little shops, good music, just a good time. In the afternoon, we have reservations at 4 pm in Nashville, Tennessee at the Grand 'Ole Opry. We also have reservations at the Virtual 5 Star Opryland Hotel, so we will be staying the night. Monday, we can either spend the entire day exploring Opryland and Nashville, or after lunch, head on over to Pine Mountain, Georgia. If anybody has anything else for Tennessee, chime in now please.

Enjoy your day in Punxsutawney and the surrounding area visiting with the Amish. And you carpenters and tailors, take the time to speak with the Amish crafters, maybe they will share some of their secrets.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Too bad the Amish don't go in for Armoring... ;->

Maybe they have recipes for chocolate-covered groundhog...mmm. :)

Uwk
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good Sunday ROAD TRIPPERS!!!

I don't know about anybody else, but those Cabana Boys will not need to use the gym for quite some time after lugging all the furniture I bought from the Amish Carpenters to the luggage haulers, along with all the jam, bread, and quilts. I can do up a couple of my houses in style with this furniture, much better quality than I can make.

We are in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee at Dollywood, we still have a couple of hours here before we need to leave and port to Nashville, get settled in the hotel, change and go to the Opry. Besides the amusement park rides and the water park rides, I hope you all noticed how the lore of the Smoky Mountains was woven into the design of the park. There is an area called Craftsman's Valley, themed around craftspeople, I did a lot of shopping in here. Another area called Wildwood Grove, that reminds me a lot of Greater Faydark, with lore surrounding fairies. Adventures in Imagination, which is where most of the museum type exhibits are, although each area has a few so you don't have to do the amusement park rides or water park attractions to have a good time. And there are quite a few other themed areas as well County Fair, Owen's Family Farm, I hope all of you have the time to check out quite a few of them. The food is awesome, I found a little restaurant type shop in Craftsman's Valley that had the most amazing barbecue, I sent our chefs to see if they could get any insider information from them. I found a shop there with the most scrumptious baked goods as well. And over in County Fair, I found a sweets shop that had all sorts of candy, not just chocolate, I didn't know there was candy other than chocolate. I purchased a ton of white chocolate almond bark, some orange jelly slices, some orange lollies, and some cinnamon candies, and some lemon candies. Oh we will have candies for a long time!!!

At 2:30 pm we have to port to Nashville and check into the Virtual 5 Star Opryland Hotel so we have time to clean up and change as our tickets are for the 4 pm show in the Grand 'Ole Opry. After the show, we can return to the Hotel and have a nice dinner and then just relax for the rest of the night or utilize some of the spa service which are available until 10 pm.

Alrighty, I have switched things up for Monday, since we have had quite a few amusement parks and water parks in a row and I thought you all might be looking for "Something Completely Different". This is what I have planned for Monday and Tuesday remaining in Nashville, Tennessee and staying in our say Virtual 5 Star Resort Hotel and Spa.

Monday, Jack Daniels Distillery Tour, this is an all day tour, 8 am until 4 pm, I guess they have a lot to show us about distilling whiskey. You cannot purchase and walk out of the distillery with any Jack Daniels, you can however purchase it and have it shipped to your home. They do have a gift shop that sells Jack Daniels products, t-shirts, et al, but any item with alcohol in it will have to be shipped from them elsewhere. Then at 6 pm, we are booked for the General Jackson Dinner Cruise. Hmmm this should be interesting, considering how every other cruise or boat adventure we have had has gone. Then back to the Hotel for more relaxing and spa'ing.

Tuesday, we are going to visit Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum, maybe we will finally get to learn what the wax mannequins we have been carrying with us all this time are. I love wax museums, I hope the rest of you do as well. Then we are going to the Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum. I think this will be very interesting, I just love to learn of the accomplishments of others. Then for some lighter moments, at 3 pm, we are scheduled on the Redneck Comedy Bus Tour of Nashville, this is a 90 minute bus tour of Nashville which is a comedy show instead of in a theater. Then at 7 pm, we have reservations for The Dinner Detective Murder Mystery!!!! *looks around intently at everybody else on the SPRING ROAD TRIP* None of you committed the murder did you?

Enjoy the rest of our time at Dollywood and lets have a blast in Nashville!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Jack Daniels !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O boy you better keep all those dwarfs in the trip group away from the distilling kegs.
    ore we might get some problems
    and thanks for changing our plans I am a little roller coastered out.
  13. Breanna Well-Known Member

A wax museum sounds interesting I've never been.

We have a train here in Michigan that does the murder mystery I've been on it twice it's really cool. They serve dinner and stuff too. I think they have other ones too like comedy and something else I forget we always do the murder one. And the food isn't too bad either. Which reminds me I hope our Chef's can get some of those receipes.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The hugely ironic thing about the Distillery Plant is that it's located in what we call a "dry county" here in the States; when Prohibition of alcohol (an abysmally stupid idea; imho, if they just made a blanket rule that any crime committed while under the influence of alcohol would have much more severe penalties, that probably would've helped a lot) was finally repealed, one thing that helped repeal it was that each county in the country would get to decide if alcohol would be legal or not again (it isn't in a "dry" county). Hence, in areas where it's still illegal, bootleggers; smugglers; lots of illegal, unregulated stills in mountain hideaways, etc., etc., etc. :-/

And yes, Cy, there are more candies available than chocolate ones. I like the stuff, but I ADORE fruit-flavored ones. That way, I can pretend to be getting my vitamin C requirements. :D

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  15. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I love fruit-flavored candy, too, Uwk! But my very favorite is... <lowers her voice and whispers> black licorice! There... I said it... :confused:
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Afternoon ROAD TRIPPERS!!!

This Jack Daniels Distillery is HUGE!!!! I couldn't imagine what we would be doing here for 8 hours but we still have 2 hours to go and it seems that we have barely made a dent. It looks like there is enough whiskey in here to supply every dwarf in Butcherblock and all of their decendants for the next 1000 years and then some. We will have about 90 minutes when we are done here to go back to the hotel, clean up and rest before heading to the General Jackson Dinner Cruise. The cruise is 2 hours. So we will be back at the hotel by 8:30 pm and everybody can either enjoy the amenities, relax, go to bed early, or go out and enjoy the nightlife in Nashville, there are a lot of Honky Tonks within walking distance.

Tomorrow, we are going to visit Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum, maybe we will finally get to learn what the wax mannequins we have been carrying with us all this time are, I swear I am going to go peak under the covers on them if Cey doesn't just tell us what is under them. Then we are going to the Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum. I think this will be very interesting, I just love to learn of the accomplishments of others. Then for some lighter moments, at 3 pm, we are scheduled on the Redneck Comedy Bus Tour of Nashville, this is a 90 minute bus tour of Nashville which is a comedy show instead of in a theater. Then at 7 pm, we have reservations for The Dinner Detective Murder Mystery!!!! *looks shifty at everybody else on the SPRING ROAD TRIP*

We can either spend another day in Nashville on Wednesday, I am sure I can fill it with more things to do, or we can move on to New Orleans, Louisana to visit the historic French Quarter. Let me know what you want to do.

I am going to find out which one of you is the murderer *puts on her deerstalker hat*.
  17. Breanna Well-Known Member

If we go to the French Quarter I hope we don't run into the Michealson's. /shiver
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ahhh all full from that lovely dinner cruise and now that I's am back's in my hotel rooms I can call some room service
    mmmm let's see what I's want's to eat?
  19. Balcerak Well-Known Member

I hope if we go to New Orleans we don't meet up with the Axeman of New Orleans
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Was he one of the Michealsons? :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.