SPRING ROAD TRIP!!!!

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cyrrena, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thanks Uwkete, I am sorry I didn't recognize you in the dark, but I dropped my flashlight when I nearly leapt out of my skin!!! GAHHHH!!! I didn't even think of that Gero… good thing we are not getting on a boat here in New York. Fabulous idea, Schmet.

Good Afternoon ROAD TRIPPERS... Here we are in Fishkill, New York where we are finishing up our visit at Splash Down Beach Water Park. I hunted all morning for shells and they didn't seem to have any and I didn't find any Othmir dancing along the beaches either, so it seems Prexus isn't a deity here. But I did take Schmet's suggestion and mixed up our road trip. In about an hour, we will be porting up to Niagara Falls, New York and spending the rest of the day and the night there and tomorrow as well. Then we will move on to Jackson, New Jersey Sunday night where we can rest up in our Virtual 5 Star Resort before our big day on Monday at Six Flags Great Adventure!!!!

We can have lunch up at the falls before beginning our explorations there!!!!
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

I can't wait I've never been to Niagara Falls. It will be a blast I'm sure. I hope no one falls over the railing :eek:
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

don't forget to try the famous Buffalo wings ( and no they do not come from big bovid.)
    And those great lakes are also a sight to be behold .
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Weird Al Yankovic did a parody of an MC Hammer song ("Wild Thing") with the subject matter of Gilligan's Island ("[That Gilligan's] Isle Thing"), with the singer's girlfriend being a real fan. One of the sets of lines went:

I liked the Professor
    He always saved their butts;
    He could make a nuclear reactor
    From a couple-a coconuts.

She said, "That guy's a genius!"
    I shook my head and laughed;
    "If he's so fly, then tell me why
    He couldn't build a lousy raft.

"And while we're on the subject,
    Those homeboys brought an awful lot
    For just a three-hour tour."

Good point, Al; considering that show came out a year later after Doctor Who, maybe the Minnow had a bigger hold on the inside... ;->

Uwk
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm sure there are all sorts of safety precautions nowadays; New York is almost as lawsuit-happy as California. ;->

Uwk
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've been "swimming" (well, wading) in Lake Michigan, once. Really, really hot (even for a native So. Californian), muggy (ick), miserable summer day, and there were folks sporting away in the "waves" (heheheheheheheheh...didn't even come up to your ankles. "Waves," indeed... :rolleyes:) that seemed to be having a great, cool time in their bathing suits. And I know you're supposed to just jump right in and get used to the water temp all at once, but I still decided to, just in case, wade out slowly. Good thing; within about 30 seconds, I couldn't feel my feet at the ends of my ankles...on looking down, I found they were turning dead-fish-belly white, even more so than usual (actually, my feet are pretty tan; 3 out of 4 seasons, you can walk around barefoot or in sandals in So. Cal.), and when I bent down to feel the water temp with my hand, I figured it was probably around 37 F. "FRACK!!!" Immediately jumped back out again, and glared at all the various apparent half-ulthorks out there, frolicking around. >:-/

Uwk
    who prefers either the ocean or swimming pools...less chance of amoebas up the nose anyway ;)
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Drat, missed a line...though I had:
    D'oh! :-/

Uwk
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Relatives talked my folks and us kids into going to a pond a few miles away. It was August, and while it was cool at night in Maine, the days were hot enough a swim sounded good. The pond wasn't deep enough for a swim, but lots of people went there to wade.

The pond was fed by a very cold underground spring. About a foot below the surface it was cold. Cold. COLD ! I got out of the water and stayed out. Brrr...
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! Give me a good, thoroughly churned-up body of water, where the temperature is pretty uniform. ;->

I especially recommend San Diego on the West Coast, and the Gulf of Mexico for sheer warmth and relative shallowness on the Central Coast. Couldn't say about the Atlantic; haven't actually tried to swim in it.

Uwk
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good Morning ROAD TRIPPERS!!!

How are you enjoying Niagara Falls??? Weren't they gorgeous last night when they were all lit up? If you like, you can go on the boat trip this morning, the first one leaves in about 45 minutes, and coincidentally, the boat is named Maid of the Mists!!! I believe I will keep my feet firmly on the ground. I did see a shop about 1/2 a mile from the Hotel that was closed last night and the sign I saw said FUDGE!!!! I think I will take a walk over there!! We will be staying here until 6 pm and then porting to Jackson, New Jersey to check in to our Virtual 5 Star Resort and Spa there and having dinner at 7 pm. The rest of the night is rest and relaxation. I have a cocktail hour scheduled in their lounge at 8:30 pm if anybody is interested, margaritas, sex on the beach, mai tais, and more.

Tomorrow, Six Flags Great America, park opens at 7 am and closes at midnight!!!! It will be a long, day ROAD TRIPPERS so make sure you get a lot of rest tonight. We will be staying at the same hotel in Jackson, New Jersey, so you are free to leave the park, you will have a pass to come and go as you please.

Tuesday, we will be going to Wildwood, New Jersey for a stop at Morey's Piers and Beachfront Water Parks.

Enjoy your day at Niagara Falls ROAD TRIPPERS, and if you go on Maid of the Mists, enjoy your boat ride!!!!
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Iirc, Maid of the Mists is a famous old boat for that area, or it may be like a grandboat or a great-grandboat of the original, back when everyone honeymooned at Niagara Falls for whatever reason (no lube, just getting misted on by the falls? ;->). Fine mist clings to kitty fur way too well, so I'll pass on that, but -- fudge, you say? :D

Uwk
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

hands Gero a paper bag
    don't be afraid you get a rain poncho.
    o no you don't slaps hand cuffs on Cyrrena and Uwekete , waves to the camana boys to pick up a giant order of fudge all flavores.
    after the trip Gero looks kind of blue and green.
    it's just like a ride in the water park.
    next we go behind the waterfall and than on the American side to the base of the waterfall there.
    you get another poncho and nice sandals for this .
    Drags Cyrrena outside and up the wooden staircases , owe you look kind of like ttobey when we first dragged him on this trip.

o well that was kind of mean :oops:
  13. Breanna Well-Known Member

I am for sure going on the boat ride. I love love love me some boat rides. And I'm going to take the fudge with me :D
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, depends on how much it tosses about. I've been at sea with a fuel oil leak into the main water tank. The flavor... I don't suggest it. And bounced around in a few storms out at sea. One was 50 foot waves. But a small boat, like the 'Maid of the Mist', I saw it on tv years ago, can make up for it even in lower waves.

Smallest thing I have been in was a 2 person canoe. Not in white water though. Just a quiet stream.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok I noticed that you got's your sea leggses no making that gnome sea sick
    and the spray was not as bad either that poncho they give you ges all the way down to your ankles.
    I's always have a hard time to keeps the hood on I felt so sorry for Uwk and Cyrr they had problems with the hood too.
    you got's to tie it really good
    and what you mean mist it's more like spray.
    the little Canadian boat goes a lot closer than the American ones.
    I felt so mean looking at them after . but it's really cool to get this close to the falls.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, I have been up on the signal bridge of a Navy destroyer in a snow storm, so I think I can handle a bit of deluge.
    Soara2, Rosyposy, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o yes the stars to get to the bottom of the American falls is called the hurricane deck,for this one they give you the pocho better material and a pair of water sandals you can keep.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Eek! Way too cold for this kitty... :eek:

Uwk
    "Per aspera ad astera" = "Through adversity to the stars" = originally from Seneca, apparently; also included on the plaque for the Apollo 1 astronauts :(
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Free shoes! Woot! :D

And they don't encase kitty feet the way sabatons do! :D

Uwk
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

bad spelling but you made's it poetic I's wanted to says stairs , stairs up to a platform
    they take that platform and the stairs down every year in fall and rebuild them in spring I remember .
    The reason people went to the falls for their honeymoon is there are not only the falls , but a national park all around
    with hiking canoeing and so on. there are other interesting spots around besides the falls .
    There are many birds breeding in this area including a big ringed- billed gull colony.
    So you Kerra no going out birding for food.