Sony Online Entertainment Becomes Daybreak Game Company

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Kari Well-Known Member

Will our station cash balances remain valid and usable for all Daybreak games?
  2. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Winter, I feel the same. I've even mentioned the SOE customer service, when I was in other MMO's, saying how good it was in comparison.
    • A player we brought over from another game was shocked at how quickly SOE responded to my ticket, when I had purchased a GH amenity, but the NPC spawned under the floor of my Guild Hall over and over. A GM responded by tell, then popped in and fixed it. Our guildie had been in various games where he'd never had response to his tickets and here was a GM fixing something, his first week in the game. In other words, the Customer Service was what I'd claimed it was. He was blown away.
    I don't want to slam other games, but one of the more recent MMO releases did not respond, or even acknowledge, a ticket for over 3 weeks. I choose where I spend money. I no longer spend it there ;)

Kitty
    GrunEQ, Zeffran, Belenos and 6 others like this.
  3. Vunder Well-Known Member

LoL someone said this was to acquire H1Z1....the recorded worst launch of any game ever. So bad that they offer no questions asked refund for anyone. It has 2k+ reviews and they range from 0-1 on a scale of 5.

Nobody wants that title. Not now. Not ever. Turned into a horrible pay to win game (which they promised it wouldn't be) fiasco of total FUBAR failure.
  4. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Hmph.
    Charlice and Kittybock like this.
  5. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Oh brother . . . . I hope my favorite game is not going downhill!
    Will we get new devs who will actually give us LONG hair??? !!! (still chanting . . . . LONG HAIR LONG HAIR LONG HAIR LONG HAIR . . . )
    Prissetta likes this.
  6. Csipi Active Member

I dont think this bodes well at all. Columbus Nova Technology Partners is a venture capital company. From what I understand, venture money is not long-term money. Here is a definition of how venture capital works: The idea is to invest in a company’s balance sheet and infrastructure until it reaches a sufficient size and credibility so that it can be sold to a corporation or so that the institutional public-equity markets can step in and provide liquidity. In essence, the venture capitalist buys a stake in an entrepreneur’s idea, nurtures it for a short period of time, and then exits with the help of an investment banker.
    I know as an employee of SoE, or whoever, you are required to keep a positive outlook and make comments how things will be better, but in the long run this will be doom for you guys. I am sure the higher ups like Smedley and Georgeson have nothing to worry about but I think the rest of the staff should start sending out feelers to other companys.
  7. Gaftep New Member

Thanks for linking me to this article. I just wish we had maybe had some prior notice.
  8. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what to think at this point. Of course those working in eq2 will paint a rosy picture to us, but I'm not sure whether to believe it or not. I love eq2, I really don't want to end up losing it.
  9. Kalmaraa Active Member

Hey folks you all forgot one important thing here I should point out.

There has been no change in staff or how the games are ran as of yet.. so all you folks looking at the negitave over this need to chill. So unless there is a major change in who is a Dev here, and how the game play is done, which has not been announced yet, heck in the intial post it was noted there will be no major changes from what I saw, I wouldn't panic about all this yet.

Lets show them that the company inherited a great community of gamers, ones that love the game(s) and are willing to talk with the Devs like adults. As such do want such a relationship between the community and gamers to continue. There is no real reason to worry about something that just happened with out knowing there long term plans. So lets help encourage them to move in the right direction.

On a side note I hope this means we can see EQN sometime in the future.
    Strings and Spindle like this.
  10. Raff Well-Known Member

H1Z1 was an alpha launch. Judging any game based on the first attempt at alpha gameplay is silly. They told you it would be buggy, they told you things would not work. Yet you still play with launch expectations, lol
    Pipsissiwa, Laiina, Losadunai and 7 others like this.
  11. Raff Well-Known Member

Time will tell...might as well get back to playing.
    Unayan, Siren, Spindle and 4 others like this.
  12. Avithax Well-Known Member

Nice copy/paste.

Columbus Nova has previously purchased other games from start-up all the way to the Harmonix from Viacom. I don't think they're in it for the short term no matter how it pans out.
    Katz, Siren and Griff like this.
  13. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Not this year. Our focus will be on this transition and the future of Daybreak Game Company.
    Spindle likes this.
  14. vampiregoat69 Member

Never heard of the company and now when this happens most games get the shut down as the other company see's it as not profitable. Hope I am wrong on this
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  15. Kosovos Member

No convention...well another year in the dark on terms of EQN Still waiting for that info we were said to be getting last year. still, nervous about this acquisition.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  16. Vunder Well-Known Member

Pretty much. Take a look at their portfolio. They buy, grow, and resell. They only deal in bottom tiered companies that have an EBITDA of less than 100million. Because a venture capital company is involved that means there is a very high risk of bankruptcy and they don't stick around longer than 7 years.
    Gaealiege likes this.
  17. semisus Does not play this game

would be nice if u sent people emails about this , ( and advertise about all the good things about this )
    not everyone reads forums.
  18. Rotherian Well-Known Member

You do know that Krono are still bought from the company, right? They just aren't generally consumed by the folks that bought them from the company. As far as Station Cash goes, the name might change, but if it has been profitable recently, they will probably retain it.
  19. Xillean Well-Known Member

Well... yeah I will just leave it at well for now. /concerned.
  20. Daddums Member

Will say that I started Everquest play on PS2, not on PC. So game consoles can be good or bad. A Game console like the XBOX today is a focused, limited version of a General Purpose OS. I suspect that, with Windows 10 plans, it will be increasingly become hard to tell them apart. You can already add keyboards, mouse, etc.to XBOX. So will need to see what the future brings.

Hopefully they don't make the Windows 8 mistake thinking everything will go to touch screen tablet interfaces and screw up the primary base of PC users.
    Goldheart, Rezikai and Spindle like this.