Skyshrine Tower: Age's End X2

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Gninja, Aug 7, 2014.

1. KrookedKrake New Member

We killed it for the quest, reset, went back in the normal zone. . and wiped at least 6 times, because when the dragon flew around, even though we moved a good 1/4 the circle on the red circle. he flew back to the same spot. . your saying that this has nothing to do with our position, but to the damage being done to the general?
  2. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Our last few attempts we spent a lot of tame faffing about trying to find a way to manually shoo a dragon away, so that hurt our DPS on the general a wee bit (since noone was attacking him). Oops. :)

Can anyone hazard a guess as to what the DPS requirement is? We may be legitimately short of it, but I'm curious to know what the ballpark is. We may be below the intended audience.
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I've seen the fail condition check appear on EM for DPS even with a raid thats capable of killing HM, as Gninja said previously, I believe its when the dragon ports to the same place 2x in a row.

It's pretty hard to replicate though, often just pulling it again sorted it.
  4. Rarrum Active Member

I don't know how to pick EM vs HM, but whatever mode we were in, if I remember correctly, it was about ~12M raid dps to get us within about 2% health of making the first dps check... so I wanna say with 13M you could manage to scrape by if you don't mess anything up.
  5. Adaac Member

We were doing 15 million dps and still failed 6 times. The dragon was landing in the same spot and giving us the red text about lingering too long this happened at when general was at 10% health and it got worse every pull from there. Very disappointing
  6. Numbski New Member

We pulled the General about 6 times -- all with various strats (i.e. side to side pulls, moving in a circle in one direction, etc). We were consistently pushing 16-18 million DPS and would get the red text about dragon lingering too long. I did notice it would happen sometimes immediately after the dragon finished his circuit flying around and land. 4-5 seconds later, SPLAT! I believe for some reason it is bugged and when the dragon lands in the same spot as it took off, it's not realized it's a different portion of the fight, but that the dragon is lingering, which makes it look like there is a DPS issue. We had fights that lasted 6, 9, 12, 7, 9, and 10 minutes -- all with the same result.

I believe we spent a total of about an hour and 10 minutes on the last named trying different things and eventually called it due to lack of interest...On a positive note, I've ran the zone a couple of days ago, with almost the identical setup, and had zero issues, so it just appears to be random bad luck at the moment in my opinion.
  7. Arieste Well-Known Member

Just want to chime in that when we did this zone last week, we also had multiple of these fails, even though our DPS (which i didn't track it) was more than sufficient enough to do the fight. (Which eventually just worked without any DPS adjustments).

So there is something wonky wiht that fail condition.
  8. Encori Active Member

Last night we had the red circle at 40, moved him, kyraform flew around, landed and then BOOM.
    Same thing at 60 next pull.
    Then we got him.

The text on that fail effect is also misleading. In our first ever pull, we got him to 10% then had a BOOM right after the move. Then, because it said Kyrafyrm didn't move enough (and some more misleading posts about the strat on the internet) we spent the next week or two trying to do things relating to the dragon instead of the general.

On the death loops, we've had that happen despite no-res-sickness, and I've personally hit one of the raid-wide buffs right after reses, but people still died again. On the whole, I suspect it is just because if you die, you get a combination of (possible res sickness) + (no longer on the swords rotation) + (no longer on the staff rotation). But it is painful and annoying to have people die instantly to a constantly ticking AE on a res. Perhaps in this zone there could be a brief respite from ae's for the recently dead.
  9. Glassjaw Active Member

Some of my guildies have been receiving (zero) 0 loot after completing Challenge Mode. One of which has gotten 1 item out of 4 runs in a row... and he isn't the only one.
  10. Kaladz Active Member

We are seeing him land in the same spot and trigger the fail condition as well. We have enough dps so this appears to be a bug. It has happened at least 3 times in a row today for us.
  11. Gninja Developer

How quickly are you taking the General across each 20% threshold. Is it possible you are passing a threshold then passing the next one before he lands at the next spot?
  12. Glassjaw Active Member

I was thinking it was a case of dps being too high and somehow offsetting the check. We had a couple of instances where the general was being burned very quickly and out of nowhere we would get the fail condition.
  13. Kaladz Active Member

I think this might be the case. We did have more dps than normal during those tries. Our last pull we did try lowering our dps as we thought it could be the case and it did seem to help.
  14. dymyea New Member

Ok, we have em basically on farm status now, but was wondering how do you start challenge mode? or is it simply a dps burn, that if we burn him quick enough we get the challenge mode chest or something else?
  15. Glassjaw Active Member

When you talk to one of the NPCs at the start of the zone (Jorlak) I think? There is a second option when you chat with him that starts challenge mode. The main way to tell you are in challenge is when you do the Theer encounter after about 20 seconds or so 2 statue adds will spawn in random locations on the middle area.
  16. dymyea New Member

Is it possible to do challenge mode if not everyone has completed the sig quest?
  17. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I do believe you don't get the option, if somebody in raid has never cleared zone before.
  18. Monstuhr Well-Known Member

You can do challenge mode even if you have someone in the raid that has not finished the zone before. We did it last night. To avoid problems, we had one of the people that had completed the zone do the hailing to ensure we got the option to select challenge mode.
  19. dymyea New Member

Does anybody know what the time limit is on burning the general 20% in hm and easy mode?
  20. Encori Active Member

We had a problem with him repeatedly blowing us up after we pass the check, move the general, then kyraform lands. The speculation in this thread was dps too high, although that seems unlikely for us. Instead, we focused on making sure the tank moves the aerykn general farther on the red circles, and we won with no problems.

ps: Seems like the time limit is 4 minutes in easy mode.