Skyshrine Tower: Age's End X2

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Gninja, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Gninja Developer

We are seeing reports of players who have run the zone prior to today's update (8/7) having issues with the quest jumping ahead when it updates certain parts of the quest. We believe this is an issue with the old zone data being saved on those characters and we working on a way to flush that data en mass. For now if you are planning on doing the zone please take the following steps just in case:

- Delete the Final (third) quest and reget it before zoning in
    - Make sure no one has a timer for the zone already even if the minimum has passed.
    - Make sure everyone in your raid has the quest or the mission. If you go in and try to run the zone without the quest it can cause issues for the entire raid. We are fixing this asap but not likely till after the weekend.
    - Last Resort delete the exp08_dun_skyshrine_top01.pak file from your pak directory in your EverQuest II folder and repatch. This should only be there if you are not using the streaming client.

If you have any related issues with the zone please post them here as we attempt to consolidate the feedback and continue to track down these issues and get them resolved.

Thanks for your patience!
  2. konofo Active Member

We just had a pile of issues when attempting this zone tonight. In our first attempt, we had a mix of people, some of whom had worked on it the night before and still had progress, some who had not yet zoned in, and some who had not completed the access quest.

As we zoned in, those with progress had their progress reset, and as we started the first wave, only one member (as far as I know) had the "kill crystals 0/3" step active. Most of the rest were at "talk to monarchs 0/2 or 1/2." We proceeded anyway, but only because I wasn't aware that there was only one member with correct progress. After we passed Theer, that one person (who was holding Lifeguide) was the only one instructed to grab the sword, but could not, because Lifeguide. Nobody else in the raid was able to see it.

We zoned out, cleared timer, deleted and restarted quests, replaced a couple people, and tried again. This time, we had two people progressed to "kill crystals 0/3" by the time the event was underway. Most were still at "talk to monarchs 0/2 or 1/2" as before. We bailed and called it a day. If others from my force post about this same experience, expect mine to be the most civil by a wide margin.

[Edit: We did not proceed with the Last Resort step, mostly because we didn't have sufficient time and/or optimism for a third go.]

kono
    Ruckus likes this.
  3. Ruckus Well-Known Member

For once, I'll be nice. Just wish I had those wasted 2+ hours of my life back.
  4. Gninja Developer

We have also discovered that if someone in the raid does not have the quest or the mission it can cause issues. We are working in a fix for this but it likely won't be live until after the weekend.
  5. dymyea New Member

We had just attempted this 3 times and every time we go in with everyone on the same step. only 1 or 2 people will get the update to kill crystals and the rest are scattered with hailing 1 or both monarchs. we have tried 1 person from each group, 1 person from raid, and we are about to try everyone hailing at the same time. If that works will reply and if it doesn't will post that also.
  6. deadpain New Member

We finished lastnight and mostof us got stuck after the reward zone. After talking to a gm the basic answer was wups its broke again... sorry again but you will have to do it over... again
    Hushnoob likes this.
  7. Gninja Developer

What do you mean by Stuck after the reward zone?
  8. GIndotto Well-Known Member

I have heard 3 individuals on AB state to me that they never loaded into the Reward zone, they got stuck on "watching the fight". One individual said Kerafyrm and Theer just stood there mid air spinning in circles but never cast off into oblivion. Re-ran the zone today with one of those individuals and it worked fine. My guess is people clicking like impatient 5 year olds on Theer to advance the script and it didn't update the laggy people? No clue but that's all I could get feedback wise, will try to get specifics if I catch those individuals on again.
  9. Daalilama Well-Known Member

It does seem illogical to after defeating the final encounter in the zone the entire raid is essentially zoned into another similar zone that's been termed "reward zone". Leaving out the snafus associated with reporting the raid (does seem illogical at best considering when the script is triggered after defeating the general) such as slow zoning (which I've seem players state that they were behind in updating their quests) to an interesting snafu of zoning into the reward zone only to see players in there not from their raid which cause a massive issue of players not getting their rewards or updates after they had successfully cleared the zone (one of my raiders had this occur last night).

Also during the final encounter a number of players were getting slammed by an unknown detriment (that didn't show up in the raid window curable or not) and were taking massive hits that started at around 600k plus and increased in amounts rather fast and det did not drop off them while dead. Any chance this damage will be adjusted to drop off when the player dies and maybe reduction of the initial amount say 1/2 its current initial hit with a slow and steady gradual increase. The rate of the damage and its increase leaves little if any reaction times.

Not sure instead of porting the raid after the final script starts post killing the general if it would not be easier codewise/stabilitywise to just update the x2 inside the zone and give them their initial quest zone reward there.

p.s. as far as the easymode chest vs the challenge mode chest...any chance of getting 2 more items added to the em chest say earrings or rings since the cm has 4 charms and em has 2 wrists.

p.p.s. also is there any plans to add an actual chest drop from the general for gear there?
  10. dymyea New Member

everybody hailing at the same time fixed the people being on different steps up until the crystals once all crystals were killed only half of us got the proximity update when you go by Jor.
  11. deadpain New Member

by stuck i meen after we killed rt we got zoned to the reward and mabe 1 or 2 of the raid got the final step credit and items, the rest of us where all stuck on the part RT is attacking kerafym directly. we all put in tickets and they get told oh sorry its another messup, please wait till we fix this one and your gonna have to do it all over again. A sorry really dosnt cut it when you waste 2 hours of my life then tell me oh well gotta waste 2 more, and with your track record ther is no guarantee it will work the next time ether. We all feel like beta testers, your paying customers should not feel like quality controll...
  12. deadpain New Member

not to mention after the random people that do finish it get credit the last thing they want to do is waste another 2 hours in that zone again unless its the hm. so ya more and more people get displaced and cant find groups. this is BS
  13. Warmackers1984 Member

So just ran this again. Everyone did not have an old timer, everyone had the quest/mission, not sure about deleting the old pak file (I had done so, but doubt others did), for every update we did a countdown click and made sure the entire raid was nearby when clicked updates. Three of the raid apparently got stuck on the waiting for the arrival of FV and Roheen Theeer part and did not progress the quest after this. This is ofcouse after yesterdays fiasco of having to wait for 3 different resets, till we finally got the quest to progress for everyone.

I know you guys are trying to make the quest dialogue a part of this whole storyline that's been going on for a while, but I GUARENTEE you 95% of the high end players that play this game alot could care less about it.. Just take all these stupid quest dialogue updates out of this quest and just make so the updates are zoning in, killing the crystals and killing the last name - boom problem solved. Have the script do its thing or whatever and FV can drop her staff and Theer his swords, just get rid of all the click updates, or just have the one with jorlak at the start.

Also I dont know if your aware of this- but for those who have already finished the questline, if they do the zone again they automatically get the quest reward even though they do not have the mission - this prevents people from helping out others and later doing HM. Another simple solution - make the HM and regular missions quests seperate - why they are together in the same crate is just beyond me, cause your trying to prevent people from doing regular and HM in the same day? who the hell cares?

This is just beyond ridiculous, this isn't a free to play facebook game, people actually invest a lot of money and time into it, its just clear the producers of he product aren't doing the same. You finally drop the x2 which all of us have been waiting for (which btw is pretty dissapointing - think alot of us were expecting an actual zone - you know where bosses actually dropped chests with loot that I dunno maybe could be SLR'd, even the loot table itself is pretty lazy - a total of 6 new items? That's pretty weak)
    That aside its a pretty fun encounter- but please fix it, quickly.

Love,

Panthorz,
    Everfrost
  14. Ucala Well-Known Member

idk about you, but I run EM in about 30-40 min
  15. Alarra Well-Known Member

I got up to the Theer and Firiona part of the quest and it refused to update from there. Only 2 people out of 12 were able to get further than this to get the final prize. The rest of us had the quest to begin and we now have a kill achievements for zone but no reward.
    Make it like the PQ's where you enter the zone, the quest is based on the progress of the entire raid rather than individuals. That worked well. Why not use an existing working mechanism for these kind of things. Worst comes to worse, make the reward zone locked to the players who killed the final named and you get the prize/final quest update once you enter there.

I spent 3 hours getting this done, no reward, a mandated answer from Support saying they can't do a thing. After next week I have to go back to work and I doubt I will find another group that will be able to clear the zone before then.

Once I start work I can only play at off peak hours. That dps check on the final named is probably the dealbreaker I would say. Raid has to do X amount of dps or you all die. That kind of script should be at the 1st named not the last. Oh look we don't have enough dps, we just wasted 2 hours getting to this point, now we have to try and get someone in who will not be able to get any reward. Great good luck finding anyone with a line like that.

It can take longer with people who are not optimally geared. I did it with a PUR.
  16. Kraeref Well-Known Member

It is frustrating beyond any frustration known. Yesterday out of 11 people only one got update to kill crystals after only one person carefully talking to Jorlak, Antonia and Overlord. 10 got stuck on talking to them step. Then the luncher crashed on that only person with updates and her quest got reset even technically she didn't leave the zone on her own. At that moment we invited 12th person in the raid whos quest was bugged from the day before and he had to run it the second time. We all decided to proceed with steps and see if killings will trigger updates. At the end we all got achievements, were zoned in a reward zone and only the person who joined us later got his reward. 11 logged off for the night very disappointed and pissed off.

It is unacceptable. Among those 11 there were people trying to get this quest line done for already several times.

Developers,

Please get your rears in gear and fix this quest line already.
  17. Buffrat Well-Known Member

SOE Live is next week. Don't expect anything until the week after, most likely. It's the same thing every year.
  18. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Think gninja said they were trying to push a fix in for Tuesday for some of the still outstanding issues emphasis on try.
  19. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I have given up all my expectations to get anything done by soe without a major hickup long time ago. It was out of habbit to cry out for help.
  20. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Had some issues with the added buff bar on a Beastlord. No one else wanted to do the event buffs thing.

Prior to this event, we Beastlords had an extra buff bar: shown on this screen shot where I had parked it. Had died at one point due to being unfamiliar to this new task, and when was resurrected the buffs in the bar vanished. Ended up having to open the spell book and park it to where it did not interfere so much with my UI setup.
    [IMG]

After another try (later on) was able to drag that extra buff down further. However the 6th Primal vanished from it's slot when I switched from Spiritual to Feral. Was not able to get brutal Breakdown loaded again until the fight ended - as was in combat. That 6th primal is our bigger attack.
    [IMG]

Was an interesting fight, this was my first time at the added buff bar.