Skyshrine Tower: Age's End X2

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Gninja, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Mathrim Active Member

Did the zone EM last night and did not see any bugs with the quests updating or dragon rendering; however, we did have issues with the 3rd ring event.

Crystals and Roehn fight worked fine, however the General fight caused a bug on players who were resurrected to instantly die when standing up.

We checked the combat logs and no kill hits registered, watched for resurrecting between AE ticks, popped temps on res, even death saves and cyclones.

Nothing indicated what was causing the chain death. Our best guess is that the distance check on the 3rd fight that forces you to stay close to the General didn't reapply after resurrection.

It took 3 pulls before we almost finished without a single death that would cause the bug. We had 2 people die at around 15% and they had the damage bug but we just left them dead and finished the fight without them.
  2. XwXwX New Member

Did the x2 again tonight : the Crystal part of the quest went well, then we all proceed to return to Jorlak.
    The quest updated to the step : "Fironia Vie and Roehn Theer have arrived!" but FV & RT never popped and the zone's script was stuck with just Jorlak.

We couldn't do anything and left, this zone is such a disappointment...
  3. Plugoop New Member

Did the x2 tonight as well after killing the crystals and we returned to Jorlak nothing happened. We had 2 guild groups running it and it never proceded past this step, journal just says return to Jorlak, which we did and he just stands there.
  4. Mathrim Active Member

I think the Developers really need to go back and adjust the way these scripts are updating because right now, they are just fubar and its pure luck if you don’t bug it out through the various stages.

Instead of trying to do raidwide simultaneous quest updates and event trigger scripting that is proving to be extremely buggy due to various factors such as lag, people being on different quest stages, and broken event triggers, you should just do a force Hail! update for each player to progress to the next stage.

For example….

Players A,B,C,D are on quest start.

Players E,F,G,H are on Roehn Phase.

Players I,J,K,L are on General Phase.

You start a new zone and each player that is on the start Hails! Jorlak individually to update their own quest. Jorlak will not advance to the next stage until all Players A to D clear the progress check.

Once you complete the Crystals, put a pause in to where Players A to H have to Hail! Jorlak again to spawn Firiona and Roehn and let the script forcibly spawn them at that point instead of proximity range trigger spawning which bugged out 2 of our raid forces.

We are band-aid fixing this from our end by having to have people delete their quests and zone in and out waiting on 30 minute timer resets or script bugged zones to clear. You can only deal with this a few times before the frustration sets in and it’s just not worth it to waste 12 peoples time on a “chance” that the zone will work right.

Especially when you finally complete the zone after 3 hours of frustration and get nothing but a potion and temp adornment………….
  5. Mathrim Active Member

We had another failed script process...right at the start...and its a prime example of why this type of updating isn't working.

We had a X2 script fail to spawn Firiona and Roehn, so everyone zoned out and went afk for a few to vent and catch a breath. Someone zoned the raid back in before everyone had deleted their quests and restarted it. Half the people got the "Teleport into Age's End" update while the other half didn't because they still had the old quest that bugged at the end of Stage 1.

Everyone was instructed to delete their quests and restart it and then to zone out and come back in for the "Teleport" update. Some people were zoning way faster than others and a few people called out and came directly back in. Of course, between all of the hopping in and out, someone forgot and hailed Jorlak to advance the "Speak to Jorlak" phase and start the script while 4 people were still outside the zone.

Jorlak ran over to do his part with Antonia and Lucan while the other 4 zoned back in. Of course, those 4 were screwed now because their quest updated the "Teleport into Age's End" step but they couldn't advance the Speak to Jorlak step, but the real kicker was that Jorlak despawned for the other 8 people when those 4 zoned in.

Jorlak, Antonia, and Lucan were all gone from the zone and absolutely no one could advance anything. We all got stuck with a 30 minute minimum zone timer and once again were stuck waiting. We ended up losing a few players after that out of frustration for the bugs.

You can assign part of the blame to us for not coordinating 100% properly and assigning only 1 person to do the quest clicking once all were ready, but when all it takes is the potential for 1 person "brain-farting" and hailing a scripted quest update to bug the rest, it really isn't the best idea. Once again, having to take the band-aid approach from our end to avoid quest script failures is adding to the frustration.
  6. Tabri Well-Known Member

I am sure we could do this or create an ACT trigger if need be but we had already raided our normal schedule minus one hour to try this x2 afterwards, everyone was exhausted by this point after dealing with the Jorlak bug etc.

We shouldnt have to create an ACT trigger for something so mundanely easy to do or have someone on a lookout SOE should just fix the dragon regardless the way he is supposed to be.
  7. Cronqar New Member

I had no idea that you have to fight your way through 6-7 pages of Forum to find out why a simple x2 just stopped at Jorlak not being hailable and RT and VF won't show up.
    Some players started the Signa from the beginning, others were at various steps, including hailing Jorlak for RT and VF and others to kill the General. No ones quest resetted at zone-in, no warnings of any kind. Why in the world did someone think of a new mechanism to update quests in zones and to have to finish the quest in one go?

If I understand this correctly now, you have to make sure that after you received the Skyshrine Tower Rune Stone and examined it to receive the Age's End:Shattered Fate Quest that you delete this quest if you are on any step within this quest. You want to make sure that all 12 players are doing this. Or in other words that every player in the x2 raid is on an absolute virgin version of this quest with no pings, updates or anything. Could somebody confirm this, please?

After you have dealt with that you still have to deal with issues like lag screwing up updates, players going ld, click happy players and on and on but these are all issues that hardly exist within this game. So even more kudos to the dev who managed to pile up all those impossible to think of fail conditions into this thing.
  8. cmors New Member

Went in the zone tonight and everything seemed to be working just fine until the General fight. The red circles that you are supposed to joust were not present. We tried to fight him on the raised edge just to see it perhaps the rings were spawning just below the surface but no luck. We tried to anticipate the rings but they don't spawn on the even 20% so sometimes we died at 79 sometimes we died at 83...mostly at 81 though.
  9. Darkon Well-Known Member

Did it ~6 times without a single unavoidable quest bug.

Steps to get the zone to work ->

1. Everyone delete your quest and start fresh. If someone has an already advanced quest, it'll break the zone.

2. Do not immediately approach Jorlak after crystal phase. If you do, it breaks the zone. Count to 90s after the final crystal, then walk ~30m away from him and wait for him to script. if you immediately run up to him the zone will not progress. (Not sure if it's just proximity, or if you have to hail him to break the zone)
  10. Ranga Active Member

Did this on SP last night with a pick up. Many including me hadn't been in before. Scripts were fine until the chain/death situation and 4 times in a row, we got the red message of death even though Kerafyrm had been moved properly each time. Did one final pull and it went according to plan with only 1 (I think) death. We were very strict on who was to click at the important points though, so it can be done with good discipline.

My thoughts at the end though were;

• "To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive...", R L Stevenson. Yes, the Ages End storyline arc was great and immersive right up until the end which was extremely disappointing for me. There was no crescendo, no great sigh of accomplishment, more like 'Is that it then?'
    • The cut scene at the end finishes too abruptly, maybe 5 seconds to savour the scene would have been good, as it was, it was like a Youtube iPhone scene.
    • Meh loot, the Shissar Calendar was nice but could have been much better visually.
    Too late to do anything about it now though I guess. Just seemed like a big anti-climax to me. The climax to Ages End would have been worthy of a complete expansion on its' own.
    Gash and Arieste like this.
  11. Arieste Well-Known Member

+1. What should have been the highpoint of a 10-year storyline is instead a giant "meh". So that was Kerafyrm? An easyly dispatched threat in an easy and supremely buggy x2 zone? Comes nowhere close to the accomplishment or sense of achievement that came from killing Rallos (even thouugh that happened for me like 2 years after his introduction into the game) or even Drinal (who was most certainly killed by more people than will do the X2). Anyhow. Massive waste of potential.

Hopefully with the resolution given here, the developers will realise the opportunity that they missed and will one day make a "real" Kerafyrm fight that is worthy of his name.
  12. Atan Well-Known Member

Just want to state, we did exactly this, 3 times, all 3 times it bugged out after the crystals. We waited the 90s (or more) walked to him in mass so no one was out of range, and all stopped when he started to script. Still no FV and RT spawn.

I'm not saying its not good advise, but there are definitely more issues involved, I suspect related to the quest duplicating and triplicating in peoples journals and the various combinations of having a raid party on different versions of the quest. Ie, some people who get the quest in their window that never did the pre-quest, some that are on the initial quest, and some on the repeatable version. I particularly like that you can have the quest in your quest helper window, but it isn't actually anywhere in your journal.

All in all, these are all prime examples with why raid zones should not be tied to quests. Icy Heap was a fail of a zone for the similar reasons, and dealing with this x2 only reminds me of frustrating times hearding cats and managing bugs in Icy Heap.
  13. Darkon Well-Known Member

If someone is not on the quest it breaks the zone at that step every time. I check that everyone in group 1 has a fresh quest, and I have someone do the same for group 2.
  14. Atan Well-Known Member

We did the same, same results.

I was referring to people that didnt' do the pre-quest, when they zone in they are given the quest in their quest window, but its not in their quest journal if you inspect it.
  15. knine Well-Known Member

anyone having problems with the circle rendering on the general since the update? I have cleared the zone before.. and today could not see the circle at all..
  16. Arahad Member

We're having issues on the General portion of the fight with Kerafyrm re-popping in the same place he was in the time before. We get a big red message saying that he has lingered in the same place for too long, and it wipes us. We've tried several positional options ranging form running to the other side of the zone, to moving from one tower to the next. Every single time, right after the 40% joust, he returns to his last position and wipes us.
  17. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Can someone explain to me, exactly what we're supposed to do to make Kerafyrm fly away and 'not linger' in the first place? From comments upthread I thought someone had to attack him when he becomes attackable to shoo him away.

Well, he becomes attackable... But appears to have a 100% stoneskin, and doesn't seem to care.** We tried having one person attack him. We had the entire raid attack him. We tried spamming the three attacks found on the Sword Hotbar into him. Nothing landed. He stayed at 100% the entire fight.

While he's hovering there, he will periodically call out "<Name>, YOU will not evade me!", and port that person in front of him. That person jousts out or they die, we assume. Jousting seems to work. But after he does that 9 or 10 times, he wipes the raid because he lingered.

I'm sure we're missing something simple, but after three days of trying, without a hint, we're likely not to return. The Theer fights fine. The crystals are just irritating, especially when the big flappy bastard's feeling invisible, but doable. But having to redo them both every day just to try to figure out what the fail condition is is becoming... frustrating...

** He doesn't seem to be technically stoneskinned - I was misreading an incoming damage message. He doesn't seem to be actually registering any damage though.
  18. knine Well-Known Member

the calling out part is for the second tank.. the second tank must stay between kerafyrm and the raid...that way the tank will get ported everytime.. if it's someone else you will die...the lingering too long part is because there is supposed to be a red ring placed on the ground that you have to joust out of and move the general.. the problem is.. as I stated above there seems to be no red ring rendering.. i haven't done it in the last 4 days because of this, but who knows.. they may have fixed it...
  19. Gninja Developer

The time limit on moving his has nothing to do with any red ring. Kerafyrm will move to another area around the tower as the General's health falls further and further. If he is not moving and thus lingering too long the general's health is not likely being reduced enough. Keep in mind also that in normal mode you get longer to take the general's health down than you do in Challenge mode.

I have seen the reports about him moving to the same place but have not been able to reproduce it yet. I will be taking another look at that this coming week.
  20. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

This is because you don't reach the min DPS requirement. The raid should move the General at max every three minuntes, meaning he needs to loose 20% of his HP in three mins. Everything far more than this dps check and kaboom no lingering fail condition.

We had something odd. 4 people in group died due to some kind of killing touch, even though we were inside the 20% in 3 mins... happened random. I think it is because some pet or auto ranged hit kerafyrm. but this I really don't know and need to guess why nearly a whole group wiped from full life. (everyone way above 500k hp)