SKs need casting on the move

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Payton, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Duele Active Member

Oh so now its PvP your worried about? I mean earlier you were worried about Crusaders supposedly kiting mobs around while tanking.

Whats really going to happen is people will see that this change causes a minimal difference in both PvP and PvE and in a couple weeks nobody will even think twice about it.

Shall we revisit this thread in a couple weeks after GU66 Blanka?
  2. Shanak Member

um, taunts are not spells, they are combat arts and have always been able to be cast while moving.

Again, the only people who wanted this to happen are people who don't play or understand the class, apparently.
  3. Bchizzle Active Member

Honestly I foresee that your spells casting range will be nerfed as a result of this change, care to revisit this thread when it is?
  4. Khorben Member

I am personally okay with changes to any class, as long as the devs realize they need to fix/balance other tanks along with it. Giving pallies/sk's the ability to cast on the run is amazingly OP. That is like giving zerkers instant recast for gibe lol. If this happens just make sure that other tanks are balanced, all I am asking.
  5. Bchizzle Active Member

The changes are fine exept for the fact that this allows crusaders to kite and dps which is the imbalance. I dont think anyone cared if they changes crusader buffs to cast on the run but to be able to run and cast long range spells is very overpowered.
  6. Duele Active Member

What none of you take into consideration is the fact that the spells are only a small amount of damage. AE's on the run are going to become less effective since you will lose targets. The ST spells really are not that much damage as any parse will show you.

The only area they might even consider nerfing the range on the spells is in PvP, but highly unlikely because it is not nearly as big of a change as what the couple "doomsayers" seem to think.
  7. Khorben Member

The auto attack for a pally/sk are not the top portion of their dps, spells are what create their high end damage. I am okay with casting on the move really, but the balance must happen. The PvP aspect is not important to me, I am all PvE. When something that changes a class to this degree must be considered to other classes.
  8. Bchizzle Active Member

Nobody is buying your crap. Spells are a high portion of your dps, please stop with the lying.
  9. Duele Active Member

Just parsed out Ancient Sentinal HM

Top spell was Zealous Smite at 7% of parse which is already castable on the run.

2nd top was Chaos Cloud which is an AE and can cast on the run already at 6% of parse.

3rd top spell was Unending Agony. A spell that to maximize DPS need to try and capture as many adds as possible meaning not running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Made up 3% of the parse.

4th spell was Harm Touch which is instant cast an unaffected by the changes that made up 2% of the parse.

5th spell was Shadow Coil making up less than 1% of the parse.

It starts to really dwindle off from there with how little spells do.

Stop acting like spells actually do a ton of damage.

BTW for the ZW on the entire zone the numbers come out to the same %'s.
  10. Duele Active Member

Taking out the the stuff that can already cast on the run my spells are a very small fraction of my DPS.

We are talking about like 5 ST spells that do very low damage on a parse and 2 AEs that are going to be most useful standing with all adds around. Than a few buffs.
  11. Bchizzle Active Member

And how many more procs will you get being able to cast spells on the run? I really think you are showing what a joke you are by downplaying what a huge boost this is.
  12. Boli Active Member

Given that people have been playing this game so long muscle memory does most of the cast order for us you'll find that crusaders move and cast a lot already they just time their moves with with spells which can be cast on the move. For Paladins that is Zealous Smite and Decree (both encounter nukes)

The biggest change for this is if we are effected by spells which "continually interrupt us" (think byzola) where we can still cast many of our combat arts but our spells are uncastable.

in truth the biggest potential for abusing is that spells will now become uninteruptable... which outside of a few RoK mobs (which other tanks do not have this issue on) the only real problem is pvp... which SHOULD have its own set of rules for spells.

The biggest thing that will change on the paladin's side is holy ground will be able to be cast on the move which is a massive relief.. it is extremely annoying to stop and cast that to snap adds which are running away from me. Although tbh HG will prob be changed in GU66 anyways (nerfed prob as 45s for a 1 position AoE snap... too OPed for pallys!!!)
  13. Hoosierdaddy Active Member

This, whether you believe it or not.
  14. Corydonn Well-Known Member

Not terribly concerned about SKs casting nukes on the move but moreso Paladins healing on the move.
  15. Yukishiro1 Active Member

Yeah this is what I was talking about in terms of taunts being castable on the move. You can use the normal taunts but the aoe snap has to be cast while stationary which makes it a huge pita to use.
  16. Yukishiro1 Active Member

I sorta assumed it wouldn't apply to true single cast heals like priests get. But I guess we'll see. Paladins healing while moving in PVP could definitely be a balance issue.
  17. Hoosierdaddy Active Member

Our biggest heals (LoH, Devout Sacrament, and Holy Aid) have always been able to be cast on the move. The only two heals affected by this will be Arch-Heal, our single target, end line mini-heal (14-17% health) from the Paladin tree, which some Paladins do not even spec, and Prayer of Healing, our mini-group heal (12-15% health). Neither are game-breaking, as they are only really used to keep us alive long enough for our other three heals to refresh.

I view this change as more of the removal of an annoyance than an upgrade to Crusaders. Being interrupted every time we're required to joust or reposition the mob or having to wait another 5 seconds before pulling a group so that one of our spells able to be cast on the move refreshes was just lame. Bear in mind, this is coming from a purely PVE perspective. Even still, I can't imagine this change suddenly putting Crusaders in a higher PvP tier, at least not Paladins.
  18. Bananaz Member

My biggest problem with this change is currently Crusaders have the longest range on there abilitys out of all the fighter classes atm and that is due to them mainly not being able to cast most of there abilitys on the move which makes sense.

Now with the change will there abilitys get reduced to 5m like the rest of the fighter classes since they can now move around and chase the mobs like the rest of us?

Sorry if someone already brought this up but 99% of these post dont even belong here so I tend to not read them all.
  19. Estred Well-Known Member

Someone did, crusaders will now have the longest hit-range of any tank. Virtually letting them be mobile wizards while tanking, they may not do as much damage but they get long ranged proc-abilities on Spellcast and... yeah others said it already.
  20. Bananaz Member

All SoE needs to do is just make there spells 5m like the rest of us and problem fixed.