Sirens Grotto: Tavalan Abyss (HM) - Overlord Talan

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Errrorr, May 1, 2013.

1. Everdog Member

Could not kill him tonight because things didn't go well like yesterday.
    Scorching Faith hitting our healer directly was hard to handle with.
    and that our bard to use bladedance had to joust ruined the group, which really hurts if not impossible to manage.
    I believe it would really help if Scorching Faith hits you only 4 times rather than 5 times.

Well, going to use swarm pets next time.
    Thank you.
  2. Crychtonn Active Member

T-shell and the Brig AE avoid having a much smaller radius then blade dance makes it more challanging. Everyone needs to be stacked close to the druid or brig and if someone has the get out curse they're pretty much dead. Like others mentioned throwing up swarm pets on the named when the add spawns and you joust will prevent the named from randomly targeting someone and having their AE avoid fail.

EZ mode adds have way to many HP.
  3. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Looks like with Thursday's patch they are finally going to lower the HP of the EM doppelgangers. I'm not sure what they were thinking to begin with, unless they just wanted some artificial barrier to keeping people from clearing the zone for some reason. Anyway, better late than never. Now maybe I'll find people who actually want to run the zone. I want those crafting mats and shinies!
    Estred likes this.
  4. Everdog Member

Killed him again right before the patch.
    We had 2 Priest including 1 warden
    and it seemed that it was easier for casual or mid-tier raiders like us once your group has enough DPS
    rather than doing it with only 1 Priest.

Well lets see what is changed after the patch.
  5. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Ran him 2 days ago and maybe was a bug but pets were getting the curse/dots on HM which I thought was fixed.....
  6. Davngr Well-Known Member

can we add an immunity to the target clear curse? my tank got spammed with it the last time i was in there, it's not a big deal but it is one of those "luck based" things that make having a tank pointless. i guess you could just make it so the target clear doesn't hit the tank as well.
  7. Davngr Well-Known Member

the curse is "Loss of Patience" " lord talan has become tired of your hurried tactics" or something like that.. i read it quickly before wipe.

what exactly is that? is the mobs hp depleting too fast? did he not like that some curses were mana tap'd thru instead of avoided?
  8. Malleria Well-Known Member

He'll emote something like 'begins to study your tactics'. If you stop dpsing him, he won't cast Loss of Patience. If you keep dpsing him, after about 8? sec he'll cast Loss of Patience on his target.

Personally I have a trigger set up for the study emote, count to 5 after it goes off and then feign death (my tank is a bruiser, but it works for monk and sk too). Inq hits DG, which is plenty to keep a good scout alive against Talan, but any healer class can keep someone alive for a few seconds with a little effort. Once I see the curse hit, I get back up and resume tanking. After that the second and third emotes coincide with add spawns, so if you're quick moving the add away he'll typically cast it on someone besides the tank or not at all.

Not really familiar enough with the other tanks to give you an out. If you have a coercer you can always have them hit coercive shout when the add pops, so you can at least move it before the heal.
  9. Davngr Well-Known Member

that's weird because i have killed this mob quite a bit but just recently have had that curse come up this much. guess the rng has been screwing me over extra bad these last few days.

edit.

tbh the curse should be made curable as it seems to not be curable right now. having a group member tank the mob or even take agro is not always an option.
  10. Davngr Well-Known Member

so yea..

assuming there will be a non-fighter that can take the hits from this mob is dumb.

need to make this curse curable or lower it's frequency considerably to the point that it happens maybe once or twice on an encounter.

also could lower dps output from the mob while this curse is active but that would be the complicated solution. would also need to add a root to the mob so the tank can move away from the mob so others can take agro, not every tank class has FD. serious oversight on this one
  11. Malleria Well-Known Member

Weeeeell, obviously the tank losing agro isn't the intended way to deal with it. Just have your group stop dps when he emotes he's studying you. I only mentioned feigning cause I'd rather not lose the dps, so we get creative in avoiding it. It's only really a problem the first time he casts it like I said, cause Loss of Patience will hit you about 4 seconds before the add pops, and if you cant target the add you cant move it away to avoid the heal. The second and third times he casts it come right after an add pops, at which point you've already moved the add away and you're probably not the closest target to the (now rooted) Overlord. Only way I can see it being a problem after the first round is if you're staying closer to the real named than the rest of the group, in which case just a simple adjustment to where you tank the add will fix your problem.
  12. Davngr Well-Known Member

i have killed this mob many times. i'm not looking to get strats on how to kill him it's that this no-target hitting the tank right before an add that has to be burned down or it heals to 100% isn't exactly in line with heroic groups. also he cast it right as the add is popping up more than just the first time. hadn't had any problems with the mob till just recently tbh guess the rng had been kind since he won't always cast it but haven't figured why that is.

make it curable
    make it not hit tank
    make it shorter duration
    make it only hit once or twice at most

any of these would be acceptable.

edit.

and by "inline" i mean that there is no second tank to taunt the mob off the tank. was this zone suppose to be called geared to tank scouts and fd fighters grotto?

sorry, your tank has no way to drop aggro because most hate drop mechanics in game don't work on fighters and magnetic note (dirge lock) doesn't work either

also thanks for your input bro. the tips are appreciated sorry if i didn't make that clear earlier.
  13. Salvator New Member

Its an intended mechanic and is 100% avoidable for any group set up and has been explained in this thread already. When he studies your tactics, if you employ no tactics then he has nothing to study!
    Gninja likes this.
  14. Davngr Well-Known Member

then it's bugged because i tried not attacking him and even running away when he starts to study and he chases me around. can you at least have him clear dot damage when he starts to study?
  15. scousetroub Active Member

Some one else in your group was attacking - The target drop is on his target not the person that is attacking