Sirens Grotto: Tavalan Abyss (HM) - Overlord Talan

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Errrorr, May 1, 2013.

1. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

The last named in this zone seems a Long way out of whack compared to the rest of the zone, and as far as I can tell, bugged currently. The rest of the zone was first pulled with group with no issues, so its not like group was lacking either.

Pull named, get it down till its timer pops the doppleganger, split them apart, take massive focus damage on a constant basis. Range makes no difference, splitting them made no difference, Isn't AE avoidable, and seems to have no duration on it?

If its a fail effect, then sure, its valid. But currently its happening about 0.5s after the doppleganger spawns, and unless I can magically teleport that mob away, its hitting far too quickly. Healing it is near impossible, 90k average focus hits, every second.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Will send you a tell in game. Think I know what you're missing but don't wanna post a spoiler in case peeps wanna figure it out themselves.
  3. Wanyen Active Member

4. Vipersx Member

Had same problem last night when we went in there. We were getting doppleganger away but were still taking heavy damage and were not able to get good burns on doppleganger before a second would pop. The add doesnt seem to have many hps, but moving him and the curse can limit the ability to go in and dps.
  5. Lolnope New Member

I bashed my head enough against this NPC... mind PMing me what you have to do? It'd probably help out a lot of people doing the easy boss, had everything down in the zone except for this guy. The adds seemed to have too much HP for our pickup group even in easy mode.
  6. Mohee Active Member

Can you PM me as well Twyxx? beat our head against a wall for about 4 hours trying everything we could think of with this guy.

Straight burn on named, straight burn on add, pulling add away and burning it, tried moving cursed person to different areas of the room, putting named in different spots, kiting, dragging add to certain spots, dispelling, and anything else we could think of...

We had a fully raid geared group with a nice set up. Rest of the zone was a cake-walk. After 4 hours of trying this named over and over, we either figured we are missing something entirely that the script/detriments don't give us any hits for avoiding, or he is bugged. Either way, it seems way out of line for the difficulty and time involved. If the rewards from him are anything like the other heroic boss and other sub bosses, then this definitely needs to be adjusted. Since the gear drops is 174 stuff with only a yellow adorn, I can assume these zones are supposed to be doable by people wearing the 164 stuff from previous zones. If that is the case, these zones are far too difficult for the intended audience based from current given rewards.
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Won't really gain much from what he told me, sounds like you already have the basics of the encounter down. From what I can see, the DPS check on the doppleganger is just extremely high in correlation to the rest of the zone currently. Hopefully can be looked at.
  8. Mohee Active Member

great......

Thanks Errrorr.
  9. Ucala Well-Known Member

yea the twin of his is just a ton of dps, unrealistic to the rest, but oh well
  10. StaticLex Active Member

The add isn't a problem when the group isn't getting leveled by random focus damage that you can't see coming and have no clues how to avoid. This is seriously one of the worst games I have ever seen for supplying the player with information to figure out encounters.
  11. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

So decided to venture into this zone, on Normal mode this time;

Dopplegangers have Way too much HP for any group to burn down before the next spawns.
    The focus damage seems to be totally random, or there is no clues at all for it. Jousting away with curse doesn't achieve anything, and the examine gives no info. Even without that, the DPS check is insanely high. Group dps was:

(02:04) Deklani: 3080661 Beastlord-Brutal Beatdown-1428434
    Beastlord | 987225
    Monk | 621495
    Dirge | 431238
    Coercer | 378957
    Inquisitor | 338783
    Mystic | 322962

So not like group dps was lacking either.
  12. Ucala Well-Known Member

the curse is just like Fitz curse on power, it just kills your power so it's good to joust.
  13. Wanyen Active Member

So to be clear without giving anything away, the text of the emote(s) doesn't mean anything special, other than get out?

Simple confirmation on that would be sufficient..
  14. StaticLex Active Member

The name emotes that it puts a hand on the shoulder of a group member when the curse switches to someone new. If that person doesn't get out then there's another emote where the cursed person says 'I feel the power of fear flowing through me blah blah blah' and you get a fail effect curse and you die.
  15. Vipersx Member

when i was cursed i tried hiding behind a block in the room... out of line of site of the named. Didnt lose any power or hps. Also didnt cast or use any skills. Once curse ran off i went back in. Not sure if it ment anything or not. The named does case a spell called stare... show was thinking maybe if he couldnt see me it might help... I didnt get the curse enough to test it out more.
  16. StaticLex Active Member

Stare is just a random cold nuke that can be warded/healed. Scorching Faith is the focus heat nuke that is ridiculous.
  17. Kovash New Member

Beating my head also Twyxx can you PM me as well if you don't mind...
  18. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Okay, all we're doing is: named roots itself when doppleganger spawns, pull doppleganger far enough away (about 15m), person with the curse gets out (10m ish away) for about 10s, kill doppleganger, kill named. I've killed it twice and that's all we do. Scorching Faith hits I'm pretty sure are from some sort of fail condition or frontal. Last time, only tank and 1 hit on a healer from it.

I would've put [spoiler] tags on it if that worked here. Anyone know if that's possible on these forums? If not, can we get that added?
  19. Ucala Well-Known Member

I noticed that the other day in the group zone there is a chance for pets to get the curse that requires you to get away or else you power drain everyone around, should fix that
  20. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Can we have the joust out mechanic removed from pets please? Its fine having it land on players and be visual, but on pets its just a gigantic pain.