Sirens Grotto: Tavalan Abyss (HM) - Overlord Talan

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Errrorr, May 1, 2013.

1. Estred Well-Known Member

So basically it is exactly what Drinal was on launch? Only able to be killed by guilds that have excessive AE-Blocks and DPS.
  2. Quabi Active Member

The AE is just at 0:30, 2:30, 4:30, ect. We prayed to the shaman gods for AE immunity on the first one (they went unanswered, so we had to rez), bladedanced the 2:30, and killed it before the 4:30. It's pretty easy compared to some of the earlier Heroic [Challenge] bosses like Statue of Zek. You'd almost have to go out of your way to form a group incapable of dealing with the AE, so it basically just comes down to whether or not you have the DPS. (I don't mean that in a negative way though because it's still a fun fight. More complicated != more fun.).
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

Twin Idols of Zek was actually really fun and intense, just crazy.
  4. Twyxx Well-Known Member

one every two mins is excessive?
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

Ugh I have to ask, I was reviewing the previous pages. Are we talking HM-Heroic or Raid? I saw references to both and now I am all confused. Also I do agree once every two mins is not excessive. After having to stoneskin every 35 seconds or die... yeah that is what I call a quick-hit. First time I remember getting fast hits was on Zevitus, Aakita and Utehk (Challenge).
  6. Quabi Active Member

HM-Heroic.
  7. Everdog Member

With AoE Blockers and DPS setup, we killed him finally.
    Without them I 'm not sure how it can be possible.
  8. Crychtonn Active Member

Having killed both HM and EZ mode now I have to agree the adds on EZ mode need a serious HP nerf.
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

Adds/Trash having disproportionately high HP seems on-par for updates recently. Seems the mantra is that trash should take time to kill rather than be a practice time for burning.
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

I can affirm on Overlord Talan (Normal) he still applied the deathcurse to a pet. Wiped our group. I also feel the HP on the mirror for EM is too hight. We were pushing 2.5-3 million and still were not killing it before both Talan became un-rooted and before the next add spawned.

Edit: Also, it is really annoying that the named moves while the adds are up. The adds already heal each other as do they heal the named. The fight seems basically circumvented by excessive dps and is rather broken in some aspects at least from my observations and about 8 pulls.

I believe the named is supposed to remain rooted while the add is up and the heal is a failure to drag the add off.
    The death-curse is working just fine.
    Mindsway and Daalilama like this.
  11. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Good thing gnija said the em version was perfectly fine....even after people stated the hp on the adds was just a tad bit excessive.
    Mindsway likes this.
  12. Mindsway Well-Known Member

I'm sure eventually they'll be like "oh maybe we should lower the HP on EM". And they wonder why we think they don't listen to us.

I think an EM heroic encounter should be doable by your average PUG, but right now even raid geared groups are having trouble with it.
    Silzin and Estred like this.
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

Because your "average" group, which usually has 1 player barely pushing 100K on a non-healer, can easily reach the 4+ Million requirement for Normal Mode :confused: and never mind having to move (lowers dps for a moment) and have 1 member be removed form the fight. That means 5 players including the healer(s) have to push that much damage. Is he expected every group with a T1 class in it to have that person pushing 1 million?
    Fully raid-geared group with an end-game tank pushing 3.5-4 million couldn't finish the fight because we got tired of it. He kept breaking his root so at 10-60% on the add and then they just healed. He was ignoring our Illies attempts to root/stun him, not worth our trouble since Heroic Cobalt Scar is not an upgrade, we were running it for coin from the daily missions.

You shouldn't need better than what drops in a zone to complete the zone. This means Talavan Abyss (Normal) should be clearable if you are in full 160+ stat armor as that is what you can easily get form CoE-Solo and Solo should be enough to get you ready for Heroic. That is unless Talvan is meant to be harder Heroic in which case it should award things that are better than Alluring and other CoE-Heroic Zones, much like Wurmbones should award better gear than Dreadcutter... I just began derailing... that is another thread topic.

Normal Modes should be for the majority while Challenge Modes are for the select who can perform that high. Same goes for Raid Gear. To get Raid-Quality you have to raid or buy from a raider, putting Raid-Quality outside of raid is just bad, crafted gear is technically not of Raid-Quality until you take the high-risk of Experimentation to upgrade it (this was a good idea btw with Experimentation).
    Mindsway likes this.
  14. Thayden New Member

Like other posters, want to comment on either the time between spawns or the amount of HP on the adds for the EASY MODE encounter. Raid Geared crew can kill HM, however we cannot get add down quick enough on EM.

Also, during the HM encounter, some members were still getting hit with Scorching Faith even with AOE Blockers up.
  15. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Yeah, I notice this too. I'm thinking it could possibly be a range thing with the block. Like if a warden has to joust from the curse and their t-shell is the block it may not have the radius to protect the group? Not sure if that's it or if it is just hitting randomly despite blocks.
  16. slippery Well-Known Member

Whoa, lets not mention that possibility of luck wiping you, ae avoids is all about skill!
    Mindsway likes this.
  17. Malleria Well-Known Member

Mob roots itself when add pops. Tank is off somewhere with the add. Mob randomly targets cause rooted-agro is stupid. AOE block doesn't protect his target. At least that's what happens to us. If you're losing more than 1 person to a single cast then something else is going on.
  18. Twyxx Well-Known Member

No, I think you're right. That sounds like what's happening.
  19. Frezzy Member

Just throw in swarm pets as you joust. Works for us.

Anyone happen to know what causes the incurable nox Thulian Debilitation? We went in with a different group set up last night, and that wiped us out a couple times. Never really had a problem with it before that.
  20. Estred Well-Known Member

I think Thulian Debilitation is the failure to get away from the the Deathcursed player. That is what seemed to cause our death.