Shattered Seas: Temple of Doom

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by TrulyVexed, Nov 12, 2014.

1. TrulyVexed Active Member

Gone through the quest-line, took me to level 98 (Dirge in 3 gemmed potent, 450k HP) - got to the final room, got the extra hot-bar with the codex abilities.. cast the 75% DR first.. pop the heal a second or two later, i'm still dying in 2 or 3 hits, tried kiting and haven't had any joy. Being hit for 88k slashing damage multiple times in just a few seconds.. is this actually intended for a group or is it broken?
  2. Lenolian Active Member

if you stand in the blue columns, it debuffs them. I managed to kill the 3 like that, still took 12 deaths :)
  3. TrulyVexed Active Member

I tried that too, it worked for the first phase (when you see the red appear on the column to indicate the column is working etc) but not for the 2nd phase.

I've also tried snaring/rooting/kiting them around the outside of the room one at a time.. honestly feels like the 75% dmg reduction and the 10% max HP heal is doing nothing.
  4. Naneeje Well-Known Member

This needs to be addressed. The final mob, the back left, when facing the room, still hits for over 600k even with the 75% damage reduction on. The first two were just fine, but the back left one is still hitting harder than it should.

For those that are trying to do this quest, here is what I found to be the best way I have found, just what I have found, not the end all be all.

run to second buffing tower on left to get the message "You are now protected" or something. Kill the named first, then, kill the adds, as long as you can get the named down, fast burn, even if you die, you can come back and just kill the 3 epics...

Once you finally do that, you can hail the researcher, update, and kill the yellow 104 double down in the center of the room with the Portal close icon on your hot bar.

This is where it's a pain. I had to single target pull each one and pull them around the room, kiting fast around the outside, using the hot bars from right to left and just spamming them when it repops.

But... the 3rd back one on the left is the pain. I have yet to kill him and he's hitting me for 600k which means the buffs are not keeping up. 21 deaths so far, but I had a bot and repair kits... came close once, but still not dead, may need a healer to come help me out.
  5. Lenolian Active Member

I will be more precise, in the second phase when i were standing in the blue columns, the mobs were snared. By the time he came to melee range they were already at 70%. With the last patch saying that the kb finally work (it didnt worked when i killed them), i suppose you could knockback him and quickly move to another column when he finally reachs you.

When i were not in the column they were moving at very fast speed, and epics are immune to most impairments so kiting is not an option.
  6. TrulyVexed Active Member

We're having wildly different experiences then. I deleted the quest, reset the zone and started again this morning. Completed the first phase fine, no deaths.

Second phase, if I stand in a column on the opposite side of the room to one of the epics and start with DR, Venomous Bite he seems to be snared and I can get him down to around 90% until he reaches me at whcih point i die within a few hits even if I'm chain casting the DR and Heal. If I try moving to another column he isn't "snared" any more and I die within seconds.

IF they're supposed to be snared when you're in the column AND the knockback actually worked and pushed them far enough back for you to essentially range them and heal yourself until you can knockback again this might be doable but something isn't right.

I spoke to various other people on the server yesterday and (besides everyone being busy running instances or DM because who's idiotic enough to quest?!) I spoke to one person who was attempting the same quest and had had racked up 30% XP debt from deaths trying the same fight.

It's either broken on Splitpaw, or something isn't right.

It'd be nice if the blue columns actually indicated they were doing something in your maintained or effects window too.
  7. Shonshazzitt Active Member

Same issues on trying any of the above ideas, just getting completely demolished on any thing that I and the people above me are saying...
  8. Saugin New Member

Same issue here. Can clear the first wave fine and even two of the three second waves but the third is just cutting right through the shield. And havent noticed Venemous Bite slowing them down or kickbacking in any way. So annoying to get this close but unable to finish.
  9. Ejait New Member

There is nothing wrong with the zone! Check out the damage your getting, Middle mob is doing Noxious Dmg (Resists) and the other 2 are doing Melee damage (Mitigation). Get Mitigation up and resists up for this fight and you will see a big difference. Yes the overland quested stuff is lower on stats but is better in this fight alone for the Mitigation and Resist.
  10. TrulyVexed Active Member

Aye, like I said it, it was doing 88K slashing damage. I haven't had a single problem through the entire quest line until this step.. if they wanted you to switch to the quested gear for improved mit/resists it should have been made more obvious with a gradual climb in difficulty throughout the quest line. I've sold all the quest-gear and plenty of other vendor trash since so I can't buy it back for this one fight.

There's no way I'm going to put +mit gear on my Dirge, I'll just wait until a tank is on the same step (assuming you can pull someone else into the zone). Poorly thought out IMO but /shrug - that's nothing new.
  11. Lenolian Active Member

I dont whats different then, i did it with a lvl 98 dirge (mostly potent 3/3 gear) and perrin as merc on antonia bayle quite fine. Once i forgot to put Damage Reduction on and got hit for 1 million+ damage, but otherwise it was challenging but not impossible.

I didnt needed them, but on dirge you could spec for veil of notes, sonic barrier and the damage reduction line in dragon aa up to persistance, it should increase your life expectancy quite a bit.
  12. Kalika Well-Known Member

I had no issue but several people reported being almost 1 shot with the DR running ;-)
    Some patch is suppose to KB the shissar with one of the ability to make kiting easier, i don't know if it is live.

I did it static, even facing them (so taking ripostes), my hp bars almost never moved.

Not sure what it would give with a 4K mitigation (non sorcerer), i advice people with issue to use the survival spec -- higher mit, regenerating ward, second life ---
  13. TrulyVexed Active Member

Good advice and something I should have thought of. I was popping veil of notes but it wasn't really making any difference (it barely made any difference when pulling some trash mobs in the overlands too, a few of them cast stuff like bone breaker iirc that was taking 20% hp even with Veil up, pulling 3 or 4 mobs with the Dirge was a crapshoot.

All said, I should have thought about just re-speccing AA for survivability. I'm still not used to switching between multiple specs, mostly because it's never been necessary (not a raider).

I'm actually happy to see resists playing a more important rule btw, just disappointed it wasn't more gradually needed. Just been going through the first solo instance (Bilgewater?) on my SK and pretty much pull all the trash from name to name - I guess mit is king.

Cheers for the advice folks.
  14. Ash_AB New Member

Gave up after 25+ deaths. Warlock lvl 98 in gemmed potent gear with 500K+ health. The first part was easy enough but the second part? wow.

Cast the shield and pull one of the invaders and within 5 seconds I'm dead. No way can I mitigate 450K hits and that's with the shield up.

I've tried kiting, as soon as I start to run, the mob gets some kind of speed boost and is on my tail. I haven't made it half way around the square before another 400K hit arrives.

I've tried using quest gear for the increased mitigation but again, no difference.

I don't mind tough encounters at all but I can't see how this is possible. It's odd for the whole signature questline to be easy so far and then this part is a roadblock, am I missing something or could this be bugged?

Any advice is appreciated.

A frustrated warlock.

Edit : Just seen this in update notes, maybe it will help.

"Shattered Seas:Temple of Doom- Venomous Bite now interrupts target and knocks them to their "knees."
  15. Tabri Well-Known Member

Did this on my conjurer level 100, I have not changed out any gear at all I am still wearing TOV raid gear. I never got under 75% health entire time, stood in one spot and killed each epic one by one easy peeezy. This was bugged on beta hotbar filled in properly everything is working at intended.
  16. Tabri Well-Known Member

Some Tips

DO NOT USE YOUR PETS(channeler, necro, bl, conjie etc), DO NOT USE YOUR MERC, just let them stand passive. DO NOT USE ANY OF YOUR OWN ABILITIES USE ONLY THE ONES THEY GIVE YOU. Wards are ok before pull nothing after that.

Spam the abilities they give you.

#1 cast the shield body pull the right hand epic into the hallway.
    #2 cast your heal
    #3 cast the longest damage ability first(look at the cast time should have a dragon head on it)
    #4 cast your heal
    #5 cast your shield anytime it is up
    #6 cast the other two quick damage abilities
    Keep casting your heal and shield just watch the bar, just keep this order mostly or close to it.

Pull left hand epic out in hall do same thing, then center one.
    Wellknownmember and Shmogre like this.
  17. Ash_AB New Member

Thanks for the tips Tabri.

Sadly it made no difference.

A couple of 96K slashes and then one for 450K and I'm dead. All this within the first 5 - 7 seconds. The shield was definitely up and added to my mitigation the damage reduction was 93% in total.
    My health was over 550K.

I guess I'll have to try again at lvl 100 :(
  18. Corv Member

Necro here. Getting wrecked at the last 3 mobs as well. I feel like something is bugging them for some people, looking at the inconsistency in the experiences. Going to try a defensive AA spec and see what happens.
  19. Corv Member

I was able to beat it, but there is definitely something bugging the mobs, making them hit harder than they should. I pulled a different one that I hadn't pulled previously, and I didn't see my health go below 90%. The other two that I had already attempted were hitting me for seemingly full damage. I was able to kill them by going full defensive/run speed AAs and kiting.
  20. Elygron New Member

thanks for the great tip, was nearly at the Point to just Forget it (the red from exp-debt seemed to get longer than my earned exp) - made a new aa-set where i choose everything possible for health and mitigation and in-fight Speed and got all three down by kiting pretty easily (thanks again - saved me from a possible one to two week forced stay in a mental Hospital) :) (just to be complete did it on my warlock)
    Corv likes this.