Shattered Seas: Temple of Doom

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by TrulyVexed, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I wanted to share our (weird) method of addressing this. Was in quested gear, no adornments. Warden and SK together, we had trouble. Not sure if we were doing the *protection dance* right and gave up. SK left and I stayed with an SK merc. I ran around the circles, moving when it said you cant hold it anymore. My merc had aggro on the mobs...somehow, as he was cowering because they are epics. This left me to plink at them with my warden spells as I moved around the room. Wave 2, yeah, not so much. Death. SK hubby joined..we got the spells (even though he wasn't there for the first wave, he was able to get the codex hotbar), he would pull one mob and kite it. I followed behind, healing him now and again and using the codex spells, we kept shield up at all times and used heal when needed. No issues. But, then my quest dinged, but he still needed it. We reset our timers. I assumed, I could go back in and help, but could not, it wouldn't let me enter. So, he went in, no luck with his SK merc (same as mine) but merc died with first wave. Tried mystic merc. Killed named, died and then just worked on the other epics, doing the dance of the protection circles. Not sure what mystic did :) Wave 2. Mystic dies. So, he ends up putting merc on "stay" half way down the hall, turned off protect and defend and ran the mob up and down the long hallway. Merc tossed a heal now and again as he passed by on his kiting detail and combined with using shield every time and healin, he got it done...yay! We did not work with our resists, our gear was questline gear and no adornments.
  2. Foretold Well-Known Member

I have a weirder problem with this quest. No hotbar of special abilities ever pops up for me. No new spells in my spellbook.

How the heck will I ever finish this? I've reset the zone twice, I've deleted and restarted the quest twice...

Still. No. Hotbar.
  3. Glundar Active Member

On will give this a go tonight. Remove anything which can proc damage
  4. TrulyVexed Active Member

I'd guess that's a custom UI issue. Try switching to default, or if you're already on default, take a copy of your UI settings (in the EQ2 folder servername_charactername.ini IIRC) and then reset them and see whether the hotbar appears. If it does, just do the quest and then restore your settings?

You shouldn't need to do this but it's the only fix that springs to mind.
  5. Foretold Well-Known Member

I don't have a custom UI, but I will give this a try... not much else left to try ;) Thanks!
  6. Foretold Well-Known Member

Problem fixed, and signature line done, thanks for the help :D
    Kaitheel likes this.
  7. Chrol Developer

The Shissar will be much more manageable for all classes, hopefully with the next hotfix.
  8. HadleysHope Member

Thanks Chrol, I am Q'ing my toons up to that point :)
  9. HadleysHope Member

Quote from one of the devs, Nathan McCall (maybe the nicest one to be fair)

Kaitheel likes this.
  10. Glundar Active Member

Unfortunately still a no go. Will wait for the hotfix
  11. HadleysHope Member

Nathan has confirmed that Chrols changes go in today.
  12. gixxisgod Member

Thanks fix worked just owned it with my necro!!!
  13. Shonshazzitt Active Member

I had to do it on my wiz before the fix went in, died a bunch lol but I got it with the CE merc, the health charm and a insta life refill potion lol, my mit was a low 7700K but, worked hard and made it pre patch lol, now need to get to 100 so i can use the mount lol, did it at 98. My resists were high enough to survive the middle one, but so needed the mit for the last two that was for sure =)
    Kaitheel likes this.
  14. gixxisgod Member

yea I did it on beta with my monk was pretty ez after the first beta fix..
    Kaitheel likes this.
  15. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It's working great now. I did this on my necro today. I was also using ProfitUI and had no trouble getting the special hotbar.
    Glundar, Kaitheel and HadleysHope like this.
  16. Tangletwigs New Member

Thank you for the fix Devs. Worked great this time.
    Glundar, Kaitheel and HadleysHope like this.
  17. HadleysHope Member

The side two still tore a hole through me but I was able to kite them and complete the quest so Me = happy bunny.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  18. Tetrol Well-Known Member

Just reading these solutions = me never bothering. If I want to do something with that many instructions and details, I'll wait to work tomorrow when I will actually get paid for working.
  19. HadleysHope Member

Its fixed, you just have to kite the mobs.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  20. Glundar Active Member

Went toe to toe. And coped much better.