Shattered Seas: Temple of Doom

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by TrulyVexed, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Shonshazzitt Active Member

I think the big part of this, is do not use your own CA's, other than the auto attack, just use the spells in the given hotbar, each time i used my own spells I seemed to be destroyed extremely fast, when I just used auto attack and just the new hotbar, everything went fine, except when i missed the shield, I also used stamper for this fight instead of the new merc.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

My quest is stuck at the 'Dargan is being used in some sort of ceremony!'. I hial Diabo Va Thall repeatedly, run around the room, get in and out of the blue pillars.. nothing happens.
  3. Tabri Well-Known Member

Another note to this I saw on another thread is someone closed the portal before killing all the epics. You need to kill the epics before closing the portal dont know if that will help but just a suggestion.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

I can't get any combat to start at all :(
  5. Kraeref Well-Known Member

In beta I actually closed the portal before killing epics and got all updates with no problems. Not sure if it's different on live.

To all: Just use Tabri's advice. Remember you can cast on a run so you all will always outrun a mob. Never stop running and never stop casting. Unselect always facing the mob option and kite them. And you win.

That's how it worked for me...
  6. HadleysHope Member

Makes no diff if you kill the portal first I have tried every combo I can think of an no dice, buff, no buffs, proc gear, no proc gear, nothing makes a difference. Center mob works fine then either left or right tear a hole right though me, cant see the sheild buff applying either. Also, someone suggested kiting, that doesnt work either as the mob is faster.

Devs: What is the point in beta testing when its still broken on release? and actually nearly a week after release and 3 downtimes. I'm confused. Please please please fix this now, please dont wait till Tuesday its just not fair.
  7. Trickykell Member

We also pulled one on right first, then left, the center as a couple of others have, not sure if that makes a difference or not. We just pulled it randomly that way. Don't know if it's something to try for others, although, the bug problems not getting a hotbar etc is a different can of worms.
  8. Kristabella Well-Known Member

After getting all this way, with no help, I give up. I have tried everyone's suggestions, doesn't matter if I stay still or kite. i put on the shield and cast my biggest damage spell, then the other two and before heal is back up again I am dead. I have stood inside the fenced area, in the blue circles, outside the fenced area, and even to the hall. I have used my 10 year merc, and I have tried it all without it. Sux to be this close, and having put so much time into this sig quest, to just forget about it. Just another disappointment with this expac. 5.5% xp debt from deaths.

a Shissar invader says, "your demise was the only conceivable outcome!"
  9. TrulyVexed Active Member

I finished this quest the day after my post and took the advice of the first few posters.

Like Ejait says above, get your mit and nox resists as high as possible. As a Dirge I also re-specced into the left-side prestige and the 'Awakened Dragon Scales' Dragon line. Threw up the Nox buff and cycled the DR, Heal, Exuberant Encore and Veil of Notes as needed whenever a temp buff ran out or my health dipped below 75%. Got it on 2nd try. Suspect this would have been a lot easier if I had just put the quest gear and jewellery on. Keep in mind the the big hitting Codex attack is based on your HP and a lot of the quest gear had +10% HP on it so it'll die even quicker with the quest gear (or I guess if you had a load of Potent +HP gear)

Unfortunately I'd already sold it all and buy back was unavailable. It's a shame the Tower/Docks merchant doesn't sell the jewellery quest rewards too (like the one in ToV did) or I'd have bought some of it back. Especially considering I think I've had 2 pieces of Jewellery drop after doing all the Adv Solo's twice.

Guess this quest is just harder for some classes than others, my SK's health didn't budge! On another note you CAN do this with someone else but they must be on the same step, can't do it before or after.
  10. isest Active Member

I tried standing in the blue light shaft, I get the message I am being protected, right after that message I get your body can not take the magic and die. I never do any damage to the snake guys, not one ounce. I will have to try it on my sk to see if its any difference but my coercer is stuck. So something is still not right.
  11. TrulyVexed Active Member

That sounds like you're on the first phase of the fight? If so, you have to stand in the blue light shaft until you get the message about not being able to take anymore and then move to the next one. I personally concentrated on Diablo first and then the adds.. but I also didn't struggle too much with that phase of the fight. Just the second bit.
    Shmogre likes this.
  12. Spurn Member

OK, here is a solution to the second fight that works. I finally finished this on my brig last night. To start with you do need to get your mitigation and health as high as possible along with noxious, but using this method you don't need to completely respec. I was over 10K mit, almost 500k health and 7.5k nox and solo it was not doable, but this worked.

All of these directions are presuming the ramp is to your back, and you need a second person. We did it with a brigand and a ranger, the ranger was considerably more fragile.

Center epic: Move so that you are in opposite corners of the inner courtyard, left and right. Cast the damage reduction, and then just start damaging the epic. DO NOT MOVE AT ALL. The epic will move toward one of you and kill that one, then move towards the second person. Because you are far apart, in opposite corners, the epic will die before he reaches the second person.

Left side epic (the one on the left and way back): Person on the left is fine where they are, person on the right may need to move forward from the right corner just a bit until they are in range. DO NOT MOVE AFTER THAT AT ALL. Cast the damage reduction shield. Start damage. Epic will kill one person, then move to the second person, nice and slow. You may get him before he kills reaches the second person, or you may need to have the first person revive and run back (make sure you start to do damage immediately before the second person dies or the epic resets)

Right side epic: Person on the left is fine, person that was on the right moves to the back left corner, may need to move forward just a little to be in range. Kill the last epic the same way.

Note that having two people do it doesn't work if you both stand together next to the sorceress, the damage is just to great to survive and he will kill you both quickly in succession, you need to be apart so that there is time.

Spurn
  13. Orinoko356 Member

I'm a Conjuror - in full potent ToV gear - all green Gems and good Jewellery etc.

Me and another mage tried this for two days. We spec'd for as much mitigation/health and run speed as we could in aa's. We used new food and potions which inc our stamina. I am level 98 other mage is 100. We died many times and I ended up with an xp debt of 8.5%.

Eventually we started with the central mob - stood still - spammed the mob until it was close - then turned and ran down the ramp into the big room. Ran clockwise around the room spamming the spells. Eventually we managed it this way.

Tank in my guild - went in (same gear as me only plate) - did it first time - no messing. He said he melee'd them down using his own spells was even able to heal himself (Pally). He said the protection spell worked fine for him. For me it didn't seem to.

I am very glad it is done and over with - but i do wonder why one class has so much difficulty and another can do it so easy without even incurring a single bit of xp debt. I am dreading taking my Coercer through it.

One idea might be in the amount of health/mitigation you start out with - which imo makes it a very difficult fight for a mage. Tanks being naturally geared for those two stats anyway they have a head start on other classes maybe.
  14. Montov New Member

Just finished this quest (SK) at lvl 98, wearing the quested armor. I am going to try and clarify a couple of things and hopefully this will help others having issues with this quest.

When you first enter the room you will see several blue columns that you can stand in. One of them will have red triangles coming up from the ground. This is the column you start in.

Note: You do not get the encounter cast bar until first phase is complete. So use your normal abilities on this phase.

1st phase)
    --- After hailing (Dargan), the encounter will start, and you need to start in the blue column that has the red triangles coming up from the ground.
    --- First message you will get is in (red) saying you are "protected by magic". the second message is in yellow saying "your body cannot take much more", this is when you need to move to the next column.
    --- There will be three ^^^ and one named that is ^. Start by killing the first ^^^ and or AE them all down.

Note: You can go around the circle as many times as needed to kill all 4 mobs so don't feel rushed. I killed the named last since he was only a ^. Key is to move right after you see the yellow text, or you will die in one or two shots.

2nd Phase)
    --- Hailing Dargan, will start the 2nd phase of this encounter. This is when you will get the new cast bar, with abilities to kill the next and last set of mobs. After completing the conversation with Dargan move back out of the inner area, so you can pull one snake at a time.

Note: Only use the abilities on the new cast bar. Always have the shield up, save the heal for if/when you get hit. Keep the snare on mobs at all times. Spam the DD's. You will see the last spell is for destroying the portal, save that for later.

--- This phase will require pulling one mob at a time. Use snare and then spam the DD spells on the ^^^ snake. All while running around the outer area of the room. You will have enough speed to stay far enough away from the mobs while kiting. You shouldn't get hit at all, as long as you keep refreshing all the DD's/Debuff's on the cast bar.

After you have killed all three snakes, destroy the portal, hail Dargan, done.

Hope this helps.

Monty
    Kaitheel likes this.
  15. Tangletwigs New Member

First time ever I think I have "rage quit" EQ2 in 10 years playing.

98 Fury using only the so called "abilitys" on the Shissar hotbar. Up comes snake-guy to do 650K damage - hes probably around 80% or so at this point . Rince. Repeat.
    Try running around a bit. Nope.
    Try standing in a beam of light maybe that helps. Nope.
    Alt-F4.

Devs please take a long hard look at this quest with multiple real world classes, equipped with bottom line gear. Something is very broken, and it aint just my armor.
  16. Glundar Active Member

So having the same issues as others here.

I will say that the center one has died however he one shotted me about 15 times and then seemed to miss a few times and so died.

I am interested in the damage people are reporting as I am getting

(00:56)
    a Shissar invader: 522944635
    MyToon-Venomous Bite-2136515421
    MyToon | 522819265
    Krivo | 93446

(00:26)
    a Shissar invader: 662223879
    MyToon | 662207741

(00:21)
    a Shissar invader: 657257542
    MyToon | 657244592

(00:16)
    a Shissar invader: 637430546
    MyToon | 637402798

(00:26)
    a Shissar invader: 662271028
    MyToon | 662271028

(01:24)
    a Shissar invader: 617332874
    MyToon | 617332874

(00:24)
    a Shissar invader: 411046876
    MyToon-Shissarian Life Draw-1808746335
    MyToon | 411001883
    Krivo | 0
    As you can see I got to 1:24 once.
  17. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Ditched all of my ToV raid gear and put on quested gear for mit and resists.

Then pulled out Pendant of the Interim (forget where I got it, but I'm glad I kept it!) Increases run speed by 70%.

Buffed myself with the shield and hit him with the 3 damage spells from a distance, then started running around the outer circle (square!) of the room where the blue columns are at. Just kept shielding and healing and spamming the damage buttons. I didn't kite him by facing him (me running backwards), I just kept running forward as normal.

Wish I thought of this sooner!

Also, Cloak of Quick Repair is no longer working. /bugged that already!

http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/1898196107
  18. Thand Well-Known Member

i tried running he just moves to fast
    what happens to me is Cast Shield caste each event As soon as mob reaches me he double hits me for 273k With the shield up and i die. Now here is where it gets interesting i checked my parses. the First time i pulled him with shield up i was getting hit for aprox 60k damage til i lagged and shield went down so i got his for around 250+ k
    No big deal i miss timed a shield i revive to start i over. Second + try it is now 275k with shield 710k without!
    This is after i restarted because i killed the portal first last time.
    what is going on hear does reviving make him unkillable?
    Not shure how i am going to finish the quest line like this
  19. Thand Well-Known Member

also i do not get any messages when standing in the blue lights
    last run
    a Shissar invader hits YOU for 60182.
    a Shissar invader hits YOU for 275330
    a Shissar invader hits YOU for 273682
    and this is with the shield still up
  20. Thand Well-Known Member

I finaly figured it out if you do Any damage to him besides the clicly ability he will crush you. Basically i had to unclick and remove all my On hit AA abilities and spells such as planar wrack detonation and blazing energy and unsummon my pet.
    Even a Damage shield that hits the mob such as flame shield and he goes all Super Syan on you. since i removed a bunch of gear i was at 445k hps when i beat the last 3 shisshar then dispelled the portal