Shadows of the Betrayed

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Mistacee, Mar 2, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Sorvani Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    Actually, no I was not even insinuating that.
    Try it yourself. Equip spoon or rolling pin. Then put your item in the appearance slot. It will not display because "Appearance item in not visible because the required skill must match the skill of the equipped item."
  2. ARCHIVED-Transen Guest

Briallen wrote:
    Progress through the gnomes quest and complete his mini-quest (think it's craft 3 items, then turn in). That should get the over-head book again. Just be sure to pick the new option of asking him about the relic.

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:
    Just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean you absolutely must exercise it. You do have other means of giving feedback without coming off as whining.
    Anyways, the point I was getting at with my previously quoted statement wasn't that people shouldn't complain (when there's a genuine reason to) but that there will always be people who will complain no matter what you do..and after a while, that can really grate on someone's nerves.

Now back to the matter at hand:
    Why not ask them to make those items you love to equip so much a 1-handed weapon? That way, everyone gets what they want.
  3. ARCHIVED-Transen Guest

Just out of curiosity, once you've completed this quest, is it safe to destroy the "damaged relic" or would we want to hold onto it for something down the road?
  4. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Sorvani wrote:
    Is the spoon or rolling pin a 2-hander? I don't have either, so I don't know. The Shadow of the Betrayed reward -does- show up with a 1-handed crushing item in the primary slot and the reward in the primary appearance.
    [IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
  5. ARCHIVED-Sorvani Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    Both of them are 2H crushing. I understand the mechanics of why it will not show up in the appearance slot (and have posted in the items and equipment section about it), but that does not alter my statement about wanting it to show in appearance since it is such a poor choice of items to have in my primary slot.
  6. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Sorvani wrote:
    Equip a 1-hander in your primary slot. Equip the reward item in your appearance. It will show up. You can put it in your appearance slot as an appearance item if you are using an item of the same type.
    If you know that, then why are you claiming it doesn't work at all as an appearance item?
    It's not a problem with this reward item, it is the way the appearance weapons are set up. You can't have a 1-hander appearance while using a 2-hander. You can't have a 2-hander appearance while using a 1-hander. Until this reward item, there were some 2-hander staffs I would have loved to have as appearance items for my wizard, one even an SC item, but without using a 2-hander in the normal spot I couldn't. That isn't something broken on any of the items, appearance or not, it is the way the appearance weapons is set up.
  7. ARCHIVED-Sorvani Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    I never stated it does not work at all. I stated I wanted it to be able to be an appearance slot workable with the spoon or rolling pin. To my knowledge there are no other primary slot items that give crafting benefits other than the Rolling Pin, Mixing Spoon, and SotB reward (+1% XP at level 85 is not much benefit, but that is in my item board post). SO with only 3 possible items to worry about, they could not make things work?
    I will not equip something else in my primary slot and lose +10% Success chance just to make this show up in appearance while CRAFTING. I am a crafter, why should I have anything that can detrimentally affect my crafting capabilities equipped? For maximum crafting benefit you want the smallest power pool with the highest power regen you can get.
    The point is that this is a reward for a CRAFTING quest line and it provides absolutely ZERO benefit for use during actual CRAFTING. If they are going to give us fancy looking crafter specific gear that is of no use during crafting, then they should at least make it useful as an appearance item.
    The only time I ever use the Artisan's Escape is while running the SF daily quests to save time. I could as easily attack a Hua Mein guard to get ported back to Paineel.
  8. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Sorvani wrote:
    Not sure why the spoon or rolling pin are 2-handers. It might be easier to, in the Items forum, ask for them to be made into 1-handers than to ask for the whole appearance system to be altered to allow you to use the SotB item with them. In other words, approach the "problem" from a different angle.
  9. ARCHIVED-Nooblet Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    because 6 tradeskill xp gain instead of 3 would completely trivialize the game duh . . .
  10. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

ROFLOL - When I craft I don't even bother to gear up. The only thing I ever worry about is a blessed event if I have one and that becomes moot once I have leveled up. Crafting tends to put me to sleep so the only real issue I have is waking up to find I didn't get to pristine ;)
    However, I would really like to see the spoon and rolling pin become one-handers. My Provisioner/Mystic would look so cool weilding her frying pan and rolling pin in a fight!
  11. ARCHIVED-Sorvani Guest

Lateana@The Bazaar wrote:
    And there is nothing wrong with crafting like that if you choose to. I don't. I choose to craft with the maximum possible benefits. It is no different than raiding with raid gear vs treasured gear. When I play I play serious whether I am adventuring or crafting.
    Crafting with the correct gear, AA and buffs while using your counters to maximize progress vs durability (pristine is pristine whether durability bar is max or barely on the 4th bar, so why keep durability near max?) makes crafting a single item very quick unless the RNG sends a string of critical fails at you. That is no different than missing repeatedly on a mob you are attacking or having it resist 3 of your spells in a row.
  12. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Nooblet wrote:
    A 1-hander can be made primary (or secondary) only. A primary only 1-hander limits equipping only one as effectively as a 2-hander designation. Duh..
  13. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

Sorvani wrote:
    My point was that you really don't need all the crafting gear and buffs to quickly and easily level up or to craft in bulk. Unless you are a new or inept crafter who does not understand how the crafting process works yet, all the tiny little buffs available will not make much, if any, difference over simple efficient crafting. Also, there are some folks who believe Mara crafting clothing actually has a negative effect due to a flaw in its design. Since I leveled 22 crafters up to 80 before the expansion and four to 90 in the last month while moving seven of my toons through the adventuring side of the game, I think I can say with some authority that crafting is dead easy and all the crafting gear available doesn't make enough difference to bother with equiping it. If you, or anyone else, like to use it that is fine, but it is really not necessary for crafting success.
    However, when it comes to appearance slots............I would love for the cool looking spoon or rolling pin to be equipable as a secondary weapon along with the new class specific weapons and the old class specific cloaks:)