Shadows of the Betrayed

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Mistacee, Mar 2, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Mistacee Guest

Just completed the tradeskill signature quest on my armorer

very cool rewards whooosh
  2. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

Does anyone have an Idea of the prerequisites?
    I just did it with a level 90 alchemist with 42K Quel'ule faction.
    A friend sage does not have the ingame mail so dar with same faction, same level and all the questline done.
  3. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

40k Craftkeepers seems to be the pre-requisite faction.
  4. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

It seems, if I can say it, that you only have to wait a certain time after finishing the Quel'ule crafting questline. (and I only have 33K craftkeepers or so)
  5. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Whilhelmina@Storms wrote:
    Ok. So, your main crafting faction is what triggers it.
  6. ARCHIVED-EQ2Magroo Guest

I think the trigger for this quest is time related rather than faction.
    People have been given it with varying factions, some with no TS factions above 40k.
    I checked my logs and the mail arrived pretty much exactly 2 weeks after I did the Quel'Ule quests, so it would seem more likely that this is the trigger.
  7. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

I guess that makes sense. I hit 40k with the pandas around 3am eastern. Craftkeepers was sometime around Noon. I didn't get the mail until much later in the day, which is when I would have been done with that particular quest.
  8. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

No spoilers other than yes or no to my question:
    I went to the PoTAO (tradeskill), did the daily, found no other NPC than the injured one to talk to to update the "crafters" in the POTA step. I have the mystic part to find (checked kerra isle first, now checking Qeynos)...
    am I supposed to go to the real PoTAO at such a low adventure level? I checked back at Mara NPC and she didn't help me.
  9. ARCHIVED-Crickett Guest

It can't be faction, my craftkeepers is 12,500
    I'm thinking 2 things.
    You have to finish the crafting timeline and be at least 89 crafter. (It is a 90 quest)
    My wife has done the crafting line, but at an 85 crafter has not gotten it.
    Just my thoughts, but it cannot be faction
  10. ARCHIVED-Crickett Guest

Brigh wrote:
    NO
    re-read your journal and chat, you are told where to find your Mystic, and/or what to do
  11. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Crickett wrote:
    Uh that chat is long gone now.
    The journal only says about the Mara npc giving details, to check back daily...I went to her and she only gave me the Portal Repairs, which I did, and found only the injured raider to talk to. It also only tells me some crafters inside the palace might be able to tell me about the metal.
    Saying "a mystic" is very obscure.
  12. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

Brigh wrote:
    Go back and read over the quest steps in your journal. The hint for mystic is there.
  13. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Brigh wrote:
    Where would you have met a mystic in SF?
  14. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Deveryn wrote:
    Like I said I already checked Kerra Isle. I guess the only other place may be Hua Mein.
    The check box for the mystic part is checked, so I assume it gets another update at that mystic.
    The other check box is not checked: "The crafters working in the Palace of the Ancient One might have advice about void effects on metal."
    What crafters? Where? I was already in the Portal Repairs instance, and I was already told that you don't go to the real Palace.
  15. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

The crafter there is the regular quest giver. He'll have another option, when you speak to him.
  16. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

I was looking for a feather/book on the map that would be flashing but never saw it.
  17. ARCHIVED-Anestacia Guest

Im 42k with the scholars and im 39k with Craftkeepers. I am a sage and hav enot recieved a mail. Im hoping when I hit 40k tonight with Craftkeepers in will send it.
  18. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Anestacia wrote:
    as it has already been said, faction has nothing to do with it.
    I am not 40k, only 32k or so, and that is after doing today's daily, before noticing I had mail. I don't know when the mail was sent.
  19. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Deveryn wrote:
    Wait a minute. Are you talking about the gnome in the Portal Repairs mission that is hammering on the repair bot?
    He doesn't say anything else. I tried. Neither does the other one.
    I went back to Kerra isle and see no feathers or books.
    I am still stuck on, "what mystic" and "what crafters", and "where".
  20. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

bleh still no one to give an answer...
    There are no real "hints" in the journal steps.
    My "crafter" part remains unchecked, and the injured raider suggesting a mystic is checked.