Shadows of the Betrayed

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Mistacee, Mar 2, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

BTW, you can convert your reward to a house item and buy a new one off the Shady Swashbuckler. He also sells the damaged relic.
  2. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Transen wrote:
    You had to make items?
    I had the book for him and the downed mystic soon as I zoned in.
    That sounds like a bug.
  3. ARCHIVED-Siwen Guest

Quest seems bugged now though. I went to palace, got my updates from in there. Go see Natasha. I hail Natasha and all I get is:
    "The spirits tell me that you seek the aid of a mystic. Before I will aid you, however, show your good will by aiding my people first."
    ?????? No conversation, no teleport. Nada. I finished all but the ts quests on Kerra isle. Is high faction with Kerran traders required, 'cause the write up on both Zam and EQ2i says nothing about it??
    Either way, it is not the first quest that has bugged out for me over the past couple days.
  4. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Siwen wrote:
    Those who did the write up might have been above the threshold for that faction and so never even knew there might be a faction requirement.
    What is your Kerra Outfitter faction and your Kerra faction?
  5. ARCHIVED-Siwen Guest

It's only 500 since I am a sage and dont need stuff from the outfitters. Oh well /delete quest.
  6. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Siwen wrote:
    If your Kerra Outfitter is only 500, you didn't do all the Kerra TS quests, not even close. Before starting the dailies, after finishing all the Kerra Outfitter questline, you should be 2 dailies away from 20K (i.e. around 17,500, I think).
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if the faction reqired for Kerra Outfitters is 20K, i.e. an expectation you completed the SF tradeskill questlines and did at least a couple of the dailies (which give TS XP and AA XP as well as faction).
  7. ARCHIVED-Siwen Guest

Ya, but my ts is 90, so didn't really see any point to grind all the different factions - especially not when I don't need the books. I might do it when they raise the lvl cap again - right now I really don't feel like grinding worthless factions for a bit of aa to finish off a signature quest that'll only give me a second evac. Unless I get very bored some day ;)
  8. ARCHIVED-EQ2Magroo Guest

Siwen wrote:
    Oh come on, leave the drama out of it, it nearly takes you longer to post here than it does to run through the basic Kerra Isle TS quests.
    As you currently can't get the quest due to faction, how about doing the Kerra Isle quests and checking after each one to see what the faction requirement actually is and post the results on here/ZAM/Wiki ? Maybe help those out who might be suffering a similar problem to you ?
    Just a thought.
  9. ARCHIVED-Siwen Guest

No drama intended but I am not so hooked on ts'ing that I find grinding ts faction fun.
  10. ARCHIVED-Sorvani Guest

Siwen wrote:
    But you find grinding form 80 to 90 without the benefit of quest XP "easier" ???
    Did you grind to 90 without even looking at Paineel? Woohoo level cap up'd!! burn the vitality and potions!!
    I'm a sage too and know how easy it is to level a sage, but even I hit Paineel on launch day just to see what it was like.
    And wham before you get to the spires, there is your quest giver. Following the quests barely took any time and honestly, to NOT have completed the Kerra line you had to intentionally ignore quests offered to you.
    These quests would have given you an easy level and a half or even two depending on if you did them at 80 or waited a bit.
    (edited because you replied while i was.)
  11. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Siwen wrote:
    If you also adventure on that character, you should note that not only do you get some of the adventure faction with each of the SF TS quests, you also get AA XP for completing a mission. They're worth a lot more than just tradeskill XP.
    But, yes, the signature quest IS completely optional. You could always do it at the next level raise.
    Oh.. and completing the signature quest does give status (and guild status) if you want/need that.
  12. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Siwen wrote:
    You don't need to "grind" any faction at all, you only need to do the basic Kerra Isle quest line up to the point that you would normally have been introduced to Natasha. However, if you'd rather not do that, that is, as always, your personal choice.
  13. ARCHIVED-Arlian Guest

Any way to get a symbol version of the quest reward for appearance? I'd love to have my epic in my primary and my sage scroll in secondary, but as a caster this is impossible.
  14. ARCHIVED-miragian Guest

Arlian@Oasis wrote:
    I'd second this, I did this on a maniquine for a display that our raid force put together, was a little sad I can't have his epic in one hand and the scroll in the other. Even if it's just an apperance off hand equipable.
  15. ARCHIVED-Sorvani Guest

Arlian@Oasis wrote:
    i sent in a /feedback on that.
    why can't i put my scroll in the appearance primary slot! i mean it is useless for anything else since you don't get it till 85 and has only 1xp compared to the spoon which is 3xp and +10% (i think) success chance.
    Yeah i use the evac once a day when i am doing the panda faction, but that is it. maybe an odd use if i go out and work an adv quest and want a quick pop back to zone instead of calling for some reason.
  16. ARCHIVED-Anestacia Guest

miragian wrote:
    Third! I love the new look but being a mage or caster you have to choose between your adventuring epic and crafting "epic" to display and I would really like that option! so consider this my /feedback for making a symbol version!! :)
  17. ARCHIVED-bopboy Guest

I am not having any luck finding the Mara Daily mission rotation. Can someone direct me to where I can find it or list it here please. I would like to know when the Portal Repairs mission is up again. =) Thanks.
  18. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Every 4th day. By my count it's up tomorrow.
  19. ARCHIVED-Cinyth Guest

Oh yay thanks for the info Calthine - just got my mail on two crafters yesterday - I know what I'll be doing tomorrow!! :)
  20. ARCHIVED-Mulethree Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Thanks I didn't do any kerra tradeskill stuff either, i'm a jeweler and don't see ever needing that faction. So when Natasha didn't have a feather I was ready to petition it. Glad I found it here - much faster than waiting for a petition. She says aid my people first, but I have 42,000 Kerra Isle faction, I didn't even think of the Kerra Island Outfitters which is only 500.
    Edit :
    Spoke too soon! so I did the quests from Chinook and I get to the quest where they send me to Natasha.
    Outfitting the Kerra: A Strange Spirit ... "Speak to Natasha, the mystic who made contact with the strange spirit".
    She has no quest kite, and says only 'the spirits tell me you seek the aid of a mystic. Before I will Aid you, however, show your goodwill by aiding my people first."
    Chinook gave me a recipe for a Kerra Spirit Totem - which says its required by the quest. But his dialog says nothing about the recipe or a totem. Still I tried scribing it and making a totem. Natasha still has no kite and won't talk to me. The totem is a house item, so I can't 'use' it.
    I figured maybe if Its a faction level requirement (I have +3500 with kerra island outfitters and 49,300 with Kerra Isle), then I could raise the faction another way and she might start talking. But the only way I've found is daily quests from Harriet<kerra outfitter> - but Harriet won't talk to me either.
    So : to summarize - I did Shadows of the Betrayed up til I needed Natasha, she seems to want more faction. So I did the Kerra Outfitters quests up to where I need Natasha - but she's unresponsive.