Server Name Suggestions - Butcherblock, Crushbone, Oasis

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kander, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Lysia Active Member

I love Scornfeather (btw not my favorite expansion, so not my most favorite names; but you can't have everything )
    suka likes this.
  2. Lisiana Member

my vote is for Maj'dul
    oakmiser likes this.
  3. Leloes Well-Known Member

Maj'dul
    oakmiser likes this.
  4. Horatio New Member

Anashti Sul
    Maj'dul
    Rujark
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Kurisutaru, Lysia and suka like this.
  6. Wurm Well-Known Member

As much as a horrible grind it was to get their scales, I don't think its us forgetting them, it's more like us repressing bad memories.
  7. Watchemoket New Member

I like Maj'dul - seems to be the most popular choice. I'd also like to throw out "Three Courts" referencing the courts of Maj'dul (Blades, Coin and Truth), or just "Sands" as possibilities.
  8. amarisa Member

1. Sanctorium
    2. Scornfeather
    3. Lockjaw
    4. Rahotep
  9. Saiidin New Member

Lockjaw is alright. Cazel was also famous for killing newbies in the deserts of Ro.

But really, we need a server named for Dorn B'dynn if that's gonna be the theme!

We even have a theme song, courtesy of HBO. That one about the Dornishman's wife...
  10. Saiidin New Member

Oh. It's zone names, not NPC names. Lame.

We're already called Oasis, and I hates it. Befallen before that was at least interesting.
  11. FracasKrusher Active Member

Is there going to be an in-game poll/vote for all the active players on the 3 concerned servers once the nominees are decided by devs?
  12. infernus New Member

I vote for "The Silent City"
    Impi likes this.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Lockjaw is an EQ1 server name, so it's Right Out.
  14. Losadunai Active Member

I'm guessing that they really just want to call it Maj'Dul anyway. Restricting us to zone names only is leading to the obvious - that one. I wouldn't think they'd let the server be named "Peacock Club" or "The Tower of the Moon" - too wordy, too lengthy. As are most of the other zones- also most of them starting with The.. blech.

If we could venture away from Zone names, I'd vote for Anashti Sul. If stuck with the zones, then Boat would be my number one favorite oh please let us be named that choice. Will never happen though hahah.

In all "seriousness" I would top three these much more likely options.

Rujark (forget the orcs, it sounds good, always has)
    Silent City (except, not the best name to imply a busy server...)
    Poets Palace

15. Saiidin New Member

That's about as Ill-Omened as if the Kunark server chose The Lake of Ill Omen...
    Impi likes this.
  16. Merriel Well-Known Member

Hmm about the only name I see being suitable as a server name is Shimmering Citadel, but that's just simply too long to type out. The Vault of Dust sounds about as ill-Omened as The Silent City...maybe even more so. I can see people getting confused when they ask where you are and you say Maj'dul. City? Or Server? What do you mean? Call the server whatever you like, so long as my guild remains intact and I lose nothing, including my rented and prestige homes, all my items in both homes and dungeons, as well as what's in my banks and inventories. This is my only concern. I don't even care if I lose my character names, so long as these things are left intact.
    suka likes this.
  17. Walkdeplank New Member

Azhar's Penitence, I like this one but, it sounds like it needs to be the test jail server name. The new server name looks like it going to be... The Silent City or Maj'dul
  18. Walkdeplank New Member

19. Jsnappy Member

Djinn
    Pillars
    Maj'dul
  20. Klazdaxthunisme New Member

Please don't torture us with naming from the lamest expac. It was the first of the "let's make only 2 outdoor zones" which is plaguing us today because there's no thought into making content, just ending up having many instances that look the same for each "level" of difficulty.There is no longer a "Nameless" server to hearken back to eq1. Which as part of the lore this entity was more powerful than Veeshan. So let's please run far from the burning sands of lameness (almost every name picked from dof) and let us get the coolest of server names returned. Or Deathwhisper, since that is my main toons last name eq1 and 2, and was on my toons before soe introduced that as the undead language.
    SilkVelvet and Impi like this.