Server Name Suggestions - Butcherblock, Crushbone, Oasis

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kander, Aug 18, 2015.

1. suka Well-Known Member

any idea of when this is all happening? was the timeline at the end of this month or has that been changed?
    Merriel likes this.
  2. Krashin New Member

CrushBlock Oasis :D
  3. Leoko New Member

Likewise on LDL ---> CB ---->???
    I can't help but agree that three servers over four (Naggy to AB) is a much better idea. But I'm sure they have their reasoning.
    That said, anything to boost server populations so I might be able to get into groups sans mercenaries again (it's been a very long time).

Server Name Preferences:
    1. Ro
    2. Maj'dul

Though between the two, and all the aforementioned, I think Ro is the most stable/strong/important sounding name. It feels new, like something's happening, it's imposing... in an exciting way, like a challenge to be faced, like a flame no longer flickering but blazing! The others just invoke feelings of being old and dusty... like the magic's been drained from them and now all we've got are scrap-books to share about how it used to be. Like they're just huddling the last of us together as we hold onto the hope that someday it feels like Norrath again, wondering when it stopped feeling like home.

Those are my personal feelings on it anyway.
  4. Phyr Member

So whats the Timeline for this? What is it we have to do? I've seen in other threads that we need to do Reg Merger stuff. Clean out Shared banks. Moving crates. Mailbox. but no word from a dev on a checklist. or timeline.
  5. GurtbyC New Member

An Unusual Bottle
    Lunazen likes this.
  6. Haloek Member

I agree please keep Oasis. For the sake of those of us who have been there since release. it fits the theme
  7. suka Well-Known Member

it may fit the theme, but the idea is that they are not merging but consolidating and the rest of us who have been on our servers since the beginning would not be very happy

actually, i chose butcherblock because i loved the name and came to love the server. it grieves me to give it up. i have no choice. i would be happy with Maj'dul or Ro. i would not be happy with oasis
    Kyriea and Lunazen like this.
  8. Sandx Active Member

I have been giving this a lot of thought since I heard about the mergers, and think Champion's Sanctum, would be good! Hope this is likable by all!
  9. Arothan New Member

In case anyone is curious, here is a rough tally excluding the names that got too few votes (less than 6 in this case):
    Maj'dul 35
    Scornfeather 14
    Shimmering Citadel 13
    Rujark 13
    Peacock Tavern/Club 11
    Silent City 11
    Anashti Sul 10
    Twin Tears 9
    Godking 9
    Poets Palace 9
    Ro 9
    Ancients Table 7
    Tower of the Moon 7
    Fountain of Life 7
    Hidden Cache 7
    Barakah 7
    Sanctorium 6
    Djin 6

I still don't care for Maj'dul but w/e Go Poets or Ro! ;)
    Lunazen and Gracey like this.
  10. Maldaris Active Member

Silent Pojark. :p

Brings back the memories of Crush D'Lere and Lucan's Bone.
  11. Timeless New Member

I vote for (1st)"The Crypt of Agony". That or (2nd) Ro or (3rd) Silent City. I dont see the appeal with Maj'dul - sounds pretty lame to me.
  12. Timeless New Member

Ignore the crypt of agony one, was thinking of the wrong server merge.
  13. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

TBH anything is better than Butcherblock - hate that name, it's so clumsy. I chose Highkeep originally but lost it to a server merge, and before they gave titles to show where you came from too.

I'd vote for Maj'Dul myself.
    Lunazen and Rhodris like this.
  14. Blazen Active Member

Scornfeather
  15. Lunazen New Member

My vote would be for Tower of the Moon. Awesome name :)

Also... can us Highkeepians finally have server origin titles too? ;)
    Kyriea and Pipsissiwa like this.
  16. zugbog New Member

Maj'Dul has my vote.
  17. Cisteros Active Member

Rujark ...ORC POWAH!
  18. Kyriea New Member

My first votes would be:
    1 - Tower of the Moon
    2 - Peacock Tavern/Club
    3 - Maj'dul
    With Maj'dul having such a powerful lead I don't see where my opinion really matters however.
  19. Tesura Grimm Member

Shimmering Citadel is my first choice. Silent City is my second. I don't like "Maj'Dul", honestly.
  20. Canth Active Member

Just a note for the Devs, although I'm not sure it's going to matter. Clefts of Rujark does not have an apostrophe in the name. The voting poll lists it as "Cleft's of Rujark". Does no one proofread those? I don't think it's going to win the vote, but if it does, someone please make sure our server name is spelled correctly.
    Avirodar and Sigrdrifa like this.