Server Name Suggestions - Butcherblock, Crushbone, Oasis

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kander, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Xevran Well-Known Member

I found that amusing, that the developers got the name of a zone wrong in a short list.

Regardless I voted for Maj'Dul.
  2. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Cleft's of Rujark too OP. Got my vote.
  3. Arothan New Member

I voted "Poet's Palace". Although based on the forums it looks like Maj'dul will win, I am glad Poets made it to the list :)
  4. Ynnek Well-Known Member

I hereby state my extreme dislike for all the chosen finalist names, and request we vote to start over from scratch.

:D:D:D
    Tylia, Sigrdrifa, Feldon and 3 others like this.
  5. Mysstie Well-Known Member

I voted Maj'dul mainly cause it's a single word. I liked "Oasis" darn it.
  6. Arieste Well-Known Member

The final poll is horrible. I voted Shimmering Citadel, basically because I refuse to be strong-armed into naming the server Maj'Dul - something the developers obviously decided on long ago, since it's the only reasonably viable option in that poll.

Seriously, why bother with the whole voting sharade if you're not going to give people real options? You could have just named the server whatever you wanted in the first place.
    Neiloch, Tylia and Feldon like this.
  7. Feldon Well-Known Member

I would have loved Burned Woods.
  8. Tylia Well-Known Member

I would have loved a different expansion to be associated with! DoF is awful when it comes to names for the server. I voted for Shimmering Citadel because it was, in my opinion, the best choice of the list and I refused to vote for Maj'Dul because I do not like that city at all.

(Yes, I spend some time on both Stormhold and BB. So called "Live" is where my 100's are after all. ;) )
    Neiloch likes this.
  9. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Kind of sad 'The Sanctorium' wasn't on there since that was one of the shorter names that wasn't terrible Maj'Dul.

And yeah I feel like we got that typical manipulation where they give you a couple of terrible options and one 'good option' and the good option is the one they really wanted.
    Breta likes this.
  10. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Anshittysul
  11. Ratplay New Member

From the moment I saw that our options were from DOF I immediately wanted Maj'dul, as it is one of my favorite places in the game and I have a couple of houses there. I don't see that the devs were ramming it down our throats because a lot of other people here in the forums also listed it as one of their choices.
  12. Canth Active Member

You mean, other than the fact that it's the only single word zone name in DoF? I think that's why. And I absolutely hated Maj'Dul. It's a maze of hidden stairwells, making it difficult to get from point A to point B, it's not very low level crafter friendly, and it's dirty, hot and scorpion and beggar infested. Not sure why people would like it.
    Feldon likes this.
  13. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I always get annoyed when games make towns that are the exact opposite of intuitive when that almost never happens when people plan cities. 'Hey lets make this huge section have one narrow entrance thats hard to find.'

True but other good, fitting ones weren't included. Like I said, one good option with a bunch of stinkers.
  14. Xevran Well-Known Member

It's not that hard to get around in, it's just two circles on top of each other. It's not anywhere near the nightmare that RoK launch Gorowyn was in my opinion.

Edit: I mean I don't think it's good, but I'm still traumatized by getting lost in Gorowyn.
    Neiloch and Rhodris like this.
  15. Juni Member

I voted Poet's Palace. Pretty sure it's not gonna win. but can always hope
    Phyr likes this.