Server move poll on Antonia Bayle

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Denon Active Member

My vote is to do a 3 way merge of all low populated servers. Leave AB and the PVP server alone as far as moving people around - or restricting more.

If population is to high on AB in contested areas, then they should reduce the number of people it takes to spawn a new contested zone instance.

2. Silkenmyst New Member

I voted yes. I have actually been moving my charactors off of AB to Guk for a while now. I have been on AB forever, since beta, but it is just too laggy for me. To be able to get my last 2 chars moved for free would be just AWESOME.
    GrunEQ, Belenos, Kurisutaru and 3 others like this.
  3. Blackroze85 New Member

Would be nice if you guys would merge 3 or 4 of the smaller servers together and make just a couple of big servers instead of all the different small ones that are dying off. Most ppl are not playing due to low server attendance.

~@Roze@~
  4. Feara Well-Known Member

Something about this just breaks my heart. Maybe it's the fact that you paid to transfer your toons because of lag.

That is just not right. We pay to play this game. It should work right for everybody.
    Prissetta likes this.
  5. Spock Active Member

If you ever play ff14 you would have seen that more often then not some server are blocked for character creation at any time.I also saw a mmo forgot his name unfortunately where people refuse to leave a server and capacity was at max and they had to split that server into 2.I do remember that it was a british server.God forbid this happen to AB people. I also have to say no matter how busy a server is there will always be people who gonna say i have problem finding groups.Many reasons for this could be the hours people play, people playing only with people they know or guildies, those person who just hate grouping and only play with their box.I would suggest to holly to make another server roleplay also .That way the enormous number of rp people on AB could feel more secure somewhere else.
    Belenos and Moonpanther like this.
  6. Glida Active Member

That idea is fine if there are at least some medium populated servers out there to chose from, but all i see on a regular basis is 13-14 low pop servers, and AB - which sometimes isn't even listed as high population.

Here's the thing. I think there are 14 lightly pop. servers for one of two reasons: either people quit the game and left their characters on the server, or they moved to AB. I, for one, have 20+ characters abandoned on Nagafen never to be played again since pvp is broken. If I had free server transfers for those characters I wouldn't mind moving a few of them to servers other than AB.

If their whole goal with free transfers for characters on AB is to even out the populations, the only people i see who will benefit are those who for whatever reason like their low populated server and have a toon on AB that they want to be with the rest of their characters. That's not really going to do much for server populations. Most people are on AB because the other 14 are low pop. or for roleplay.
  7. Rotherian Well-Known Member

You do understand that they aren't talking about forcibly moving characters that don't want to move off of AB, right? So the leaving AB alone comment doesn't really make sense. If the prospect of moving from AB doesn't appeal to you, the simplest solution would be for you not to use it. :rolleyes: However, if there are folks that would rather move their toons to a less crowded server, you shouldn't really have a say in what they do to their characters. (Because, let's face it, the ones willing to move to a less crowded server probably aren't folks that normally would be grouping with you anyway - because they would be moving willingly to a server that would make grouping more difficult.)

The most equitable solution would be to make the free transfer-off-AB tokens available for a limited period of time. Those that want to use it it would be able to, and those that didn't could just let the limited period expire.
    Gulaep, Alenna, Belenos and 2 others like this.
  8. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

As always, a voice of reason. :D
    Gulaep and Belenos like this.
  9. Justbecause Active Member

This poll will have no where close to having accurate results. I created a new character after the poll initially went out and was still able to participate. If people wanted to the could create/delete toons over and over and mess the polls all up. It needs to be a vote per GOLD account not by character. Please take this into consideration before you get 9 billion yes/no votes and there is only how many players.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Every toon on an account gets the mail, but only one vote per account is actually tallied. This issue came up with the first poll years ago and they passed that information along then.
  11. Atan Well-Known Member

No problem, if there was a way to do that but not stop people already on AB to do what they need to do, then it might be more viable.

I think the first step is to remove AB as a server you can transfer to. The next step is to make other servers that have similar populations as AB so there is more than one place people will want to move to.
  12. Trasor Active Member

I like the concept of a 2 big server layout. Right now things are too separated. One for PvP and one for PVE, and no BG's!
  13. Justbecause Active Member

So its what just the first vote that counts? and if that is true do FTP accounts also count?
  14. khameleon New Member

Merge Servers instead, I dont see the reasoning behind offering a move OFF a populated server, onto, and spread across 9 others ?
  15. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

In response to a post from this thread

I'm assuming that they aren't doing this because there is a distinct likelihood that AB would be flooded with toons while some servers would be left without a viable population. People may like to play on lightly populated servers but it would be very different playing with only a few others. There could be many other reasons but something like this probably crossed their minds.

I'm not sure about this stance and I don't think it's addressed to me. If it is, let me know.
  16. Glida Active Member

Sorry, that part wasn't addressed to anyone.

But anyways...

Giving people on AB the option for a free server transfer while making people from other servers pay $25 is unethical. Plain and simple. Everyone's interests should be considered, not just those on AB.
  17. Edrickx Member

The problem is they don't want AB to get so big that they start having issues with that server, but at the same time they don't want to lose out on money they get from server transfers by merging servers. What they need to do is choose another server and convince people still on the low population servers to move there so they still make their money from server transfers and reduce the flow of people to AB.
  18. Regolas Well-Known Member

I moved to AB a year or so ago. Transferred 9 toons. It still isn't that busy late at night when I play, so anywhere else is going to be worse.

No deal!
    Gorjuss likes this.
  19. Rotherian Well-Known Member

If I was to guess, I'd say that they might go with the most recent answer from a given account. But that is pure conjecture on my part.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  20. Justbecause Active Member

Just trying to make sure all the T's are crossed and i's are dotted for this to mean anything to anyone. Why waste company resources that they will end up coming back to us for money if you are gonna leave a loophole for people when you know that people will abuse anything that they can?