Server move poll on Antonia Bayle

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Windstalker Executive Producer

Dear Norrathians,

We have launched a poll for players on the Antonia Bayle server asking if they would be interested in a free move to a lower population server. We didn't add more details than that because we won’t go into planning until we get the community’s vote on the subject overall.

This is in part to gauge the interest in a move option for one of our highest population servers and to assess this alternative as a tool to move the populations around to different servers when we see an opportunity.

We’ll report back in a couple of weeks to discuss the results and then see if we should pursue the move option.

Sincerely,

Holly "Windstalker" Longdale
  2. Laiina Well-Known Member

I am curious if this would include moving of entire guilds?
  3. Korucuu Well-Known Member

Vote yes! Splitpaw welcomes you :)
  4. Laiina Well-Known Member

I have talked in chat with a couple of folks on AB, and while a high pop server seems to have some advantages, they also noted some downsides, especially in such areas as contested zones and harvesting.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Siren like this.
  5. Windstalker Executive Producer

We won't move entire guilds. Individuals in guilds would get the option to move just like everyone else. It's the player's choice.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Foretold Well-Known Member

AB is pretty much stuffed to the gills. There are some who would probably go for that. I am, however, staying :D
  7. Arieste Well-Known Member

So a guild with a fully levelled and decorated GH would have to abandon it and start from scratch elsewhere? That alone will prevent many from moving.
  8. Feeonme New Member

Crushbone .... your destination for raid guilds with many top tier guilds to app with covering all time zones...
    Greedon and Siren like this.
  9. faabooo New Member

LOL ya just pack up and move from a full pop server that has groups going and an actual active community to move back to a ghost town? I sent in my no vote. But thank you for at least trying to think outside the box.

Way too many problems with this, you can't move a guild that you and your friends have worked so hard to make or you cant move that guild that you yourself have worked so hard to make. Not to mention the name issue with moving servers.

You want to solve this guys? Do what most of the other MMOs have done megaserver
    Greedon and Dequi like this.
  10. Alenna Well-Known Member

if enough people move maybe the other servers wont' be ghost towns. hmm?
  11. Baulfazaur New Member

2 mega servers. PVE/PVP :) With cross-server Dungeon Finder.
    Dequi, Charlice, Katz and 3 others like this.
  12. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Don't really think that's going to be a good solution.
    If you were new to EQ2 and just created a character, which server would you choose?

[IMG]

A one-time move may balance things temporarily, but I don't think it will change anything in the long run.
    Zgragy, StaticLex, suka and 1 other person like this.
  13. gem6219 Member

To me it begs the question,why have 16 servers?...., no wonder the population is spread so thin. I'm no techy when it comes to servers but wouldn't there be less cost's and maintenance with less servers etc.etc?
    StaticLex, khameleon and Dequi like this.
  14. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Not enough people play the game to make something like this work. The whole reason AB is very crowded now is because everyone left the other dead servers to come there as it always had the highest population. They have to find a way to merge the servers. That is the only thing that will help. All the dungeon finders in the world won't make the game feel more populated and most people don't use the dungeon finder feature any how. They obviously understand that the games overall population has thinned out considerably and seem to continue to avoid the most effective solution. Also as others have said, as a long time resident of AB, why on earth would I leave to go to a dead server, especially when I can't take my guild with me? Merge servers and get it over with.
    Zgragy, StaticLex, Streppoch and 6 others like this.
  15. Trasor Active Member

AB People come to Nagafen and PvP again and use double the adornments for PVE on our server.

Maybe the developers will fix the PVP then instead of what they are doing now!
    Dequi, madratt, Kittybock and 2 others like this.
  16. Ratza Well-Known Member

Thanks for even considering a possibilty to help improve population on the dead servers.....I'm sure a few would gladly take you up on this offer...however....I know for a fact the we have lost entire guilds of raiders to AB from my server...what makes you think they would move back to a dead server?

With that said.....welcome to anyone that moves to my server. Maybe LFG, raid recruiting, guild recruiting, broker economy/rpicing, auctions, etc. will come back to life!!!
  17. madratt New Member

server merge is the way to go cause nobody will leave AB for a dead server i left permafrost to do some pvp on nagafen cause nothing append outside raid but after xpac they did nothing to help nagafen
    they should spend 5 minute to fix warfield because killing gray for old currency ins't fun at all
    i have to go do some battle ground to get some pvp curency
    im going on f2p until nagafen is fixed there is no point to pay to do some harvesting and some bg

they should give players what players want...

2 mega server !!!!!! PVE/PVP
    Zgragy, Dequi, Malarodos and 2 others like this.
  18. Katanallama Well-Known Member

This is one of those situations where only if a bunch of active players move will it be worthwhile. Sadly, this would be a very short term solution.

There's just too many servers vs the number of active players. Unless they start a fierce marketing campaign to get a ton of new blood into the game, server mergers is the only way to restore a healthy population.
  19. Ijeran New Member

I made a few characters on AB, I am from Everfrost and came to AB for a population. I am actually contemplating a server transfer TO AB! I was tired of waiting in Dungeon Finder for an hour, or being LFG for hours on end. I agree with others that there should be a merging of other servers, not an exodus from AB.
  20. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I could never move. I leveled a guild to 100 by myself except for maybe 1 level. I have so many storage dungeons as well. Since neither of these transfer, no thanks. If both guilds and dungeons could transfer you might get move people willing to move.