Server Consolidation FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Too true. I stopped pugging years ago due to some drama queens, and refused to use headset with pugs (due to perverts that thought my female voice MUST be the same one from the pay-by-the-minute numbers they called all the time -.-) since a couple years before that. :\ People don't care about anyone but themselves these days and seem to view all others as worthless. /..\ That ruins everything.
    I like to read the quests. I like to enjoy the artwork of the zones and creatures. I bum around low levels for furniture. I prefer working puzzles out myself rather than finding the answer online. Above all; I do NOT like being interrupted while I'm decorating. XD

BUT, for the sake of people that do not play my way (and the general health of the game), something does need to be done about grouping, but there is a better option than mergers. If everyone could start asking about cross sever travel rather than nag about/fight over mergers, maybe something could get going on the whole server travel option. :\
    Belenos, bugs, FriggaWitch and 5 others like this.
  2. Awkk Well-Known Member

Maybe one problem is that there are different economies on different servers, and if you could group across servers, you could, by trading with groupies, buy and sell plat and kronos at unfair prices, maybe trade items to alts on other servers, etc. That could make the items priced out of range for other inhabitants of the server.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. suka Well-Known Member

i agree - but i think we all miss one thing. it doesn't matter if they ignore a suggestion. they are not the ones making the decisions. the devs are. if the devs would just see the merits of your suggestions, then it wouldn't matter about the nay-sayers. i just wish the devs would stop and consider them.
  4. suka Well-Known Member

no there is an easy fix for that. on rift, they allow cross-server grouping and even server hopping. but while you can jump from server to server enjoying groups, you can't trade with a person from another server. and when you open the auction house, it is based on your own server. unfortunately so is the housing so it is almost impossible to server hop to look at a house. you still actually have to make a toon on each server to look at housing.

but server transfers are easy and free. that makes it a bit easier. and if you hit transfer and you are a leader of a guild, you get an offer to take your guild with you.
  5. Jellygiantjim Member

I had a question that just popped up in my head that could be a big problem if not done right. Trustee access to GH and player houses. if someone else has the right to keep the name, will they inherit trustee access that the previous named character had or will trustee access change to reflect the new name that the character changed to. Confusing I know. Not sure the best way to word that. They also might just temporarily wipe trustee access except for the guild leaders/house owner.
  6. Eradani Well-Known Member

each toon has a unique CID in all of eq2. this is what they use for storing access information. the name is for display purposes.
  7. suka Well-Known Member

that is a very good question. hopefully they will tell us or we will know after tomorrow and can let you know
  8. Jellygiantjim Member

thank you!!! :) that makes sense. i can relieve my mind from worrying about that at least
  9. Maddestmonte Member

Call me naive, but I for one would support a global server economy. There would be a lot less people trying to hold monopolies on one or two items, making sharing better for all. It would help fight having over ridiculous prices, with more balanced inflation for all.
  10. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Well as far as PUG's go the main problem seems to be those that want to play are shunned cuz they aren't uber geared to run the instance. Sure would seem that if people would just learn to get along and go with the group they have everyone could benefit from it. Wes all know all too well that ubers and the common folk have never hung out and prolly never will.
    Gear hounds and those that rush for end game content have their own style of play that is far removed from the normal adventure seeker. Server consolidation will not change this unless the players on the server are open to common dialog amongst themselves and all members of the server community.
  11. Edelphia Well-Known Member

Just posted to the player support forum regarding a guild name. Noting it here so MAYBE a DEV will see it.
  12. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

I read that post Edelphia and it seems like a Raw Deal to me.
    I'm losing my guild name to inactive guilds?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Edelphia like this.
  13. Raisie Member

I petitioned for this reason too. I am the leader of Solstice, a level 100 guild, on Oasis. We have almost 900 accounts and a very active guild. I'm very proud of our guild name and have worked hard to keep our guild going through the downward spiral this game took during the summer. We are set to lose our guild name to a guild that is inactive with 6 accts. All because they are older then us? Really? I had petitioned a GM on this two weeks ago. He responded that guilds would be treated the same as character names and take activity into the name factor. He said that he looked at the other Solstice and we should be fine. I'm not so sure. When looking on Maj Dul I see our guild name with SolsticeZ and the inactive guild name Solstice.

So it seems that guild names won't be treated the same as character names after all and I find this very disheartening. I do not even care about my toons names. Our guild is a great group of members and an awesome community. It's really not fair to have our name taken from us and let some inactive guild get to keep it.. This active guilds are what keeps this game going. Please do something about this. Let's show some appreciation for the guilds that keep EQ2 going and active. Thank you.
    Siren, Davorum, Livejazz and 4 others like this.
  14. dorotea Well-Known Member

For what it is worth - nothing - I agree with the comments about guild names. Size shouldn't be a factor (as at least one of the guild leaders posting has already said) but activity most certainly should be the same as with individual character names.

That said if a guild leader can use the rename function to get the original name back the problem isn't quite so bad - a truly inactive guild won't do that so the active guild will get the name (if the leader won't be on he or she can perhaps designate a trusted guildmate to be leader in advance and hope that the trust isn't misplaced and the guild isn't hijacked).
  15. KaiskDarkPhoenix Member

When are they gonna merge Permafrost, Freeport, and Nagafen? Just wondering...
  16. Maddestmonte Member

Hi Kaisk. While I might not be the one to answer that question directly, my understanding from what the devs have posted so far is that they haven't determined an exact time for the merger yet.

They need to test this merger that is going on first and foremost, and depending on the amount of bugs and fixes, this will take a little bit of time to do.

Then they will do the second merger which should be a lot quicker. If I was a developer, I would be doing the Nagafen/Perma/Freeport merger LAST because there is the added bug potential variable of making a PVP server go bluebie. So if they get most of the bugs out during the first two mergers, there will still be some concern for bugs going in because of THIS reason. That said, they'll want most of the bugs out of the way from just regular mergers first so it's not overwhelming.

Because of all that it definitely seems like a process. If everything goes absolutely smoothly with the Maj'Dul merger, expect an announcement for the second merger within a week. If it's buggy as hell and requires a lot of fixes, it might take a little longer. That's why they haven't given any exact dates yet, because it depends on how it goes.
  17. Davorum New Member

WHAT?? We lose our beloved Guild name to a DEAD Guild???!??? That is OUTRAGEOUS!!! :mad: We have the right to that name and it is backed by an awesome group of guild members!!
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I like @Dorotea's suggestion above. :)

An inactive guild won't be logging in any time soon to get the name changed back to the original. :)

Uwk
  19. Nauttia New Member

I'm not to sure if this is the correct thread. I am a 4 boxer. I checked all 4 accounts to see if the server was up yet. The first three had none of my toons and last one had toons on it. Is this normal?

Nauttia
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good question; Feldon suggests getting in to Character Select, rather than trying to Select a Character. Maybe you have to re-connect your other boxes? :-/

Uwk
    not technically inclined...