Server Consolidation FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I lucked out in that I only had Gold toons on Crushbone and Everfrost that were affected by the merges, and they're now going to be on two separate Mega-Servers. I still went ahead and completely cleared out the Shared Banks I had on both Crush and EF, just in case, even down to the actual bags themselves. ;->

I'm now waiting for the Powers to get things nailed down on the Maj'Dul server before I start loading up the Shared Bank there again, and hope that Halls of Fate goes more smoothly! :)

Uwk
    Prissetta, Siren and Enoibia like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen to all of this, and, while I haven't played WoW myself in quite some time either (2011? 2012? whenever), that last paragraph actually sounds heartening: less chance for, oh, shall we say...bottom-heads to get too cranky about "you don't have the latest and greatest and bestest gear evah, l00zr, get lost!" and over-selective. They get what they need, role-wise, they're off and running, and they may not notice your lack of The Ultimate in Everything Gear until "too late." At which point, oh, I dunno, they might just have to compensate and help out each other for once. ;->

Uwk
    who likes to dream...
    Rajaih, Belenos and Prissetta like this.
  3. Vaimamoinen New Member

Hi there, my name on the new server "halls of fate" is Vainamoinenz It was Vainamoinen on the Everfrost server, someone from one of the other two servers have naming rights to Vainamoinen so EQ2 renamed my character to Vainamoinenz. I understand that this had to be done, but I did not receive a rename potion. What is my next step to getting the potion? Thank You
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Svenone Well-Known Member

And you won't receive a rename potion. What you can do, since your name was appended with the dreaded Z, is use the /rename command to choose a new name for this character. You can only do this once for free, so choose wisely!

/rename newname
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

It is not a potion.

You just type /rename newnameyoupick and it changes your name. My alt also got an xp potion when I did it.
  6. Vaimamoinen New Member

Awesome thank you so much
  7. Zelkie New Member

So I got the dreaded Z attached to my character name. How do I find out if a name is already taken before I rename?
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

Look on EQ2U or try to do a /friend nameyouwant while you are in game. If there is no one by that name it will tell you.
  9. Spindle Well-Known Member

OMG I love your name with a Z at each end!!
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

I actually agree hehe =) if my alts name had worked out that nicely I'd probably have kept the z :)
  11. Panna New Member

Sucks losing your name to a level 4 player. <sigh> so lame.
    Amaia and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

Sucks losing your name to a level 90 player who hadn't played since SF was new that only logged on to keep the name and hasn't been seen since either. I thought I had that one in the bag until 2 weeks ago. =(
  13. Dockter Well-Known Member

Why isn't Daybreak giving active players name priority? I've been a paying member for 10 years and got screwed out of my name...
  14. Bolhorn New Member

I was online earlier on Halls of Fate with no problem. When I attempted to log into each of my three accounts a few moments ago, all of my characters are missing.

Is there a problem with my account, a file I need to delete, a problem with the log on server? Or am I about to get seriously angry?
  15. Csipi Active Member

At the very least, I think that players under level 10 should not count at all. I lost a few to such players. So a character that a person never plays keeps his name but me with a max level character loses their name.
  16. Finora Well-Known Member

The server crashed. I'm pretty sure the devs know about it and will be working on it since Kander at least was on when it happened.
  17. LordTiras Well-Known Member

As someone else mentioned, the absolute best way is to add them as a friend. It will tell you if they exist or not. The census can be turned off so you can't rely on that alone.
  18. Finora Well-Known Member

That's why when they first mentioned mergers I suggested they do what they did when they merged servers back in like 2010. They purged sub 10 characters that had not been played in X amount of time (I forget how long) and had less than some amount of plat on them. That would have helped. I also had suggested they purge unplayed trial herioc characters (the ones you can make for free & play for a level before you spring the $35 for the actual herioc) as well. They didn't of course, but I can't help but think it would have helped. If someone hasn't played a sub 10 character in like 5 years and it doesn't really have anything on it, they probably aren't going to be missing it. Likewise for the unplayed trial characters. All they are doing is taking up database space & names.
    Prissetta and Csipi like this.
  19. Amaia New Member

<<<Q: How will we be able to retain names if others have the same name?
    A: In the event of duplicate character names during the consolidation, priority will be given to the character who has logged in to the game within the past sixty (60) days. If multiple characters have logged in within the past sixty (60) days, then the character which was created first will retain their name. Other same-named characters will have an "X" (or several) added to their names automatically until their name is unique. Each player that is auto-renamed this way will get a rename potion to change their name.>>>
    So, here is MY issue with this. Out of all the accounts in my household, I only cared about one name, and of course, somehow, that was the one that ended up with a z. SO, knowing that when I created her, there was no other character by that name on ANY server. It was my monk, who I recreated in EQ2 when I came over from Everquest once EQ2 was launched. She had originally been on Befallen, and of course, that server was merged in the past so now she was on Oasis...She kept her name (obviously).Not this time, so, I contacted support, because following the above criteria, there should not be anyone else with the name. I logged into the game last, the night before the servers were taken down, I have an all access account (I play EQ and Landmark as well), and since the character was the first of her name created.... I should be set. Support tells me this....
    "Greetings Amaia,

We have received similar contacts about this from other players, and we can only advise submitting a /feedback report to voice your concerns about any unwanted name changes to the development team for review. The design of the game is outside of our purview here at In-Game CS and I'm afraid that we have no control over who gets to keep their Guild or character name following the merges and who will get the 'x' or 'z' added.

Posting on the official forums is another way to reach the people with the power to change the game, as our developers, producers, and community managers are active there, and if other players share your concern, the powers that be will take notice and an issue can gain traction that way.

Kind Regards,
    Lead GM Emwon
    Daybreak Game Company LLC"
    Seriously? Okay...can someone who can actually DO something about this contact me please?? Obviously there is an issue somewhere if there are multiple complaints! Sorry, if I sound pissy, but after almost 11 years playing the game, and however many years on EQ before that.... I think I deserve to be pissy! (And I was waaay more upset when I logged in and saw the z on my name!)
    Thank you
  20. Zelkie New Member

Yeah well, it's not on this character. I think 4 of my 7 characters have a z at the end now. It works on maybe 1 character. Now to try and find names that aren't taken, fun.