Server Consolidation FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Vexil Member

So much for banks not being an issue..half my shared bank is where it should be, the other half is in my overflow.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Seriously?

Another guild was awarded the name Fatality simply because "I'm with Stupid of Butcherblock" renamed their guild to Fatality the DAY before the Merger?
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ouch and ouch...you folks are in Maj'Dul now? I should jump in there and see how the toons are doing. :-/

Uwk
  4. Razzy New Member

Well it would be nice to jump in there now and see anything but apparently there's a 3 hour wait time to even get into the server..
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oy...probably comes from everyone wanting to jump in. I'll try again later; I play at odd hours. ;->

Uwk
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

Try subscribing gold. There's no wait then, from what I hear.

Otherwise, you'll have to wait until the crush dies down, probably after this weekend, to get on quickly. Then again, it *is* Nights of the Dead....
    Deveryn and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Widem Active Member

I just noticed this...as far as I know AB isn't getting merged so this means anyone on AB doesn't get a free xfer?

Q: Will we get free character transfers?
    A: Once the consolidations are complete for all of the worlds, we will open up a one-time free character transfer period for one week for those characters who were moved. This free transfer option will expire after one week.
  8. Uncle Active Member

so since question got ignored in the live stream when are the next set of merges gonna happen
  9. Bellamorte Active Member

Widen, it was said in another post from daybreak that ab will be included with the xfers. But none of them will be done until all mergers are done. I am on my phone or I would find the post for you.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Enoibia like this.
  10. Blackdog Member

the next mergers happen after office move, notd, frostfell, vacations all around, don't wanna crowd xpac release so better wait till that's up.....what I miss...oh then theres turkey day and xmas so better just wait till 2016!! /stabeyesout
  11. Raetear Member

Umm.. I call BS on this.. Can we PLEASE get Bloodlustzx back to Bloodlust on Maj'Dul? It's not fair that an INACTIVE level 4 guild took precedence over a level 100 ACTIVE guild..
    Prissetta likes this.
  12. Edelphia Well-Known Member

Bloodlust, Solstice and Phoenix Rising are all Oasis guilds with the same problem. We all lost our names to guilds that have NO ONE logging in in at least a year. Holly was on Maj'Dul the other day and said she and Caith are looking into this problem and working on a fix. Can we get an update on this? Any dev? Pretty please with cookies on top?
  13. Golf New Member

I've been busy for about a month and haven't logged in, and now I can't. Am I just suppose to delete my toon and make a new?
  14. Enoibia Well-Known Member

What server are you trying to log into, Golf? If it is one of the three that were recently merged, you will need to log into character select and then chose a toon to log into from there.
  15. Siren Well-Known Member

If you were a F2P player on Butcherblock, Oasis or Crushbone, they have since been merged down into one new server called Maj'Dul, which currently has a low population cap for stability testing as it is new. As a result, there are queues to get on. Gold subscription players get login priority in this queue. That may be your issue.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Enoibia like this.
  16. Belenos Well-Known Member

These posts taken all together express my views exactly. Things have changed so much since my first days back in EverQuest (2002?), where I waited till I (slowly) hit level 20 to join a guild--and it was a family-type guild that had also managed some pretty good progression. The biggest thing I remember were our off-times, when we would start up groups that were mostly guild members/member alts but had a spot or two available to anyone who wanted to join. Our pace was good enough to make progress, but still slow enough to see and remember where we were, and to actually talk enough to get to know each other. Many times, a person would join our group and end up being a friend, or even a new member of the guild. It was very rare then to run across a person who would leave the group because we just weren't going fast enough for them. It was an entirely different world than what I mostly see now. People who will not slow down long enough to make a new friend bypass the opportunity to build a network that would pay them dividends in groups for the future.

Finding PUGs of people that want nothing but to rush through content for their own personal gain is probably the hardest type of group to find on a regular basis, yet it is exactly this kind of group that the rushers demand through server merges. Why is it hardest? Because once a rusher has the one thing they want for a particular dungeon, the rusher has no reason to ever repeat it. In contrast, many people would remember a pleasant grouping experience with a person who is now on their friends list and might find it fun to go to the dungeon they don't really need anything from just because it was fun--not only in game play, but also in conversation or spending time with pleasant people, or just in seeing a place again they had enough time to look at and notice as being really cool. A few might even go there just to help a person who had become a friend. Rushers bring a healthy portion of their miseries on themselves. Server merges won't fix that.

Cross-server grouping, if handled like WoW, would be best for rusher groups, because the people in-queue for groups do not get to chose their group-mates. (Was this way when I played that game, but has been a while.) When a spot your character can fill becomes available and you are next in-queue, you are whisked away to that group, where you can go with the people already there, or drop group and go back to the beginning of the queue, starting your wait over again. Go ahead and be picky, and your wait may be a long one.
  17. Lizdexcia New Member

if my question has already been asked and answered I'm sorry. but I just found this thread and don't have time to read 28 pages. so here goes. concerning nagafen servers, where people have toons on both sides. do the separate shared banks merge into one? do I need to clean one out? thank you all for your time.
  18. Ynnek Well-Known Member

They will merge, any overflow will go into the personal inventory of the first character logged in on that account after the merge. So it might be wise to clean at least to the point where a merge of the two sides will not cause an overflow (or be ready to catch it).

Edit: The post that follows mine is probably more accurate.
  19. Eradani Well-Known Member

apparently, we end up with only 1 shared bank. as far as i can tell, whichever toon logs in first - their side gets the shared bank and the other side(s) get their shared bank in overflow. i just picked up the shared bank from one side so i didn't have to worry about it.
  20. Lizdexcia New Member

thank you very much Ynnek and Eradani. I will go straightaway and clean one out!