Sentinel's Fate Easter Eggs

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Xalmat, Feb 21, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Here's a few of the Easter Eggs I've discovered.
    The kerra named Soren, a Simple Merchant who sells simple Textiles in Moonfield Hamlet, is a parody of the Cardassian named Mr. Garak, a Simple Tailor, from the TV Series Star Trek: Deep Space 9. Garak was well known as a spy, and was a prominent recurring character.
    Tiger Caretaker Mik'roe, who offers the quest A Dirty Job, is a parody of Mike Rowe from the Discovery channel TV series "Dirty Jobs"
    The entire quest series offered by Hitus Sharpclaw on Kerra Isle is based after lolcats.
    The Hua Mein are modeled after the lead character Po in the movie Kung Fu Panda.
    The quest Kill 10 Rats is based after the recurring MMO joke and cliche that every adventurer begins his MMO adventure by killing 10 small rats in any newbie area.
    The quest A Pic-a-nic Basket has its name based off of a recurring joke in the Hanna Barbara cartoon Yogi Bear, where Yogi Bear the lead character pronounces Picnic as Pic-a-nic.
    Handbook of the Recently Deceased is based off a book by the same name in the movie Beetle Juice.
    Bring Me a Shrubbery is based off of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, where King Arthur has to bring the Knights Who Say Ni! a shrubbery.
  2. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

The access quest for The Hole is called "Just a Jump to the Left", which is a line from the song "The Time Warp" in The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
  3. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Who Watches the Watchers was also a Star Trek: Next Gen episode title from 1989 and, I think, though I could be wrong, the allegorical reference is actually much older than that, possible a Shakespeare quote.
    Soren was also a Danish musician.

One I am surprised you missed... Felice Adae for the crafting questline start is.. well Felicia Day.
  4. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    Actually, this is from the Roman poet Juvenal's Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? "Who watches the watchmen?" The Watchmen picked up the famous phrase.
  5. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Fair enough on the watchmen reference.
    Good catch on Felicia Day! Felice Adae, the NPC, perfectly matches the character in The Guild as far as timidness goes.
    Random Trivia: Some of the cast of The Guild makes a cameo in the EverCracked documentary.
  6. ARCHIVED-shadowscale Guest

one of the graves near the masolium of the scholors quotes a line from thriller when examined, and spawns a zombie on you.
    the halfling in moonfield makeing soup. ask her about potatos when doing her quest line.
  7. ARCHIVED-digitalbandit Guest

Don't forget the "I can has..." quest where you get ingredients for a cheeseburger. =)
  8. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

The NPCs from The Hole: Outer Vault that join you as pets are all named for the Devs, oh and be sure to hail the ranja cause its awesome!
  9. ARCHIVED-Saihung23 Guest

There is also a quest named: Grrr, Interupted
    parodying the movie or show Girl Interupted
  10. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

Also a Quest called 'Handbook for the Recenly Deseased' which was the book given to ghosts in Beatlejuice
  11. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I'm not sure if that Soren character is a reference to Garak from DS9, but that would be awesome if it is.
    Lets see.. where was it? I believe at the start of the Erudin Library zone is an NPC who gives a quest, talking about the quarreling between the Erudites inside.
    One of the responses you can choose is "Nerd Rage finally became too much, huh?" A common internet reference in general.

The Butcherblock Golden Path quests introduces "The Legend of Roger Goldie."
    Gol D. Roger is The Pirate King, the most infamous and powerful pirate in all the world. His final words before his execution gave rise to the Age of Pirates, and set the entire story of One Piece in motion.

Developers: Whichever one of you thought up this One Piece reference, please confirm a Brofist transaction by placing your fist here on the screen.
    [IMG]
  12. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Of course one can never forget the new Chokémon in Stonebrunt Highlands. Chokémon is of course a parody of Pokémon.
  13. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

There is a guy in the new Butcherblock mountains questline who mentions Roger Goldie a Pirate. A take on Gold Roger the from One Piece.
  14. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    I'm noticing a trend in this thread here: A lot of people are mentioning what has already been mentioned.
  15. ARCHIVED-DarkDragonVvvV Guest

Theres a quest in stonebrunt highlands called "you gotta fight for your right ...to research!" title is a take on the song "you gotta fight for your right to party"
  16. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

The achievement "Immortal Highlander" is a reference to the movie (and subsequent films and multiple TV series) Highlander.
    The achievement "In the Library with the Candlestick..." is a reference to the board game Clue (or Cluedo outside of North America).

And as long as we're on the subject of Achievements, some pre-existing achievements that predate Sentinel's Fate:
    "There Can Be Only One.." is another Highlander reference.
    "Quest 'Em All" could be an indirect Pokémon reference.
    "This Achievement will self-destruct in five seconds" is a reference to any number of secret agent TV shows or movies. One good example (perhaps the original?) is the Mission: Impossible series.
    "Wild Wild Quest" is a play on "Wild Wild West", a TV series and movie.
    "The Crocodile Hunter" could be a Steve Irwin reference.
    "It's Over 9000!" is a blatant Dragonball Z reference.
  17. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

The entire Library murder mystery quest is based on the game/movie Clue

The 1st Panda you talk to in Stonebrunt is Wu Gang, and you must build up faction with him before you can talk to others in his village; other wise youll be kicked out. Which means both that you need to build up faction with Wu Gang's Clan and that Wu Gang's Clan aint nothin' to mess with.

Oh and as long as were on old refrences my two favorites of all time are The Court of Innovation which is based on the movie Tron, and the HQ The Staff of the Observers which is based on G.I. Joe and the M.A.S.S. Device
  18. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

old one is back in StoneBrunt - Gotta Catch them all
  19. ARCHIVED-urgthock Guest

What about the quest "All you did was hang around and eat our eggs"? Nice "Willow" reference. (The brownies talking to Madmartigan).
  20. ARCHIVED-urgthock Guest

Quests:
    Village people - 80s music group
    You dirty rat! - Cagney quote
    To catch a rat - To catch a thief? ( Hitchcock movie)
    Through the looking glass - Wonderland reference
    And of course, we should all be comforted by the quest "Gawdit has a plan"!