Sentinel's Fate Easter Eggs

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Xalmat, Feb 21, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Oxie Guest

Alienor wrote:
    "Through the Looking Glass" is also the title of a tribute album done by Siouxsie and the Banshees. The song "Hall of Mirrors" was originally done by Kraftwerk, and has lyrics that reference "through the looking glass".
    Kraftwerk version:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMU9OnPytQE
    Siouxsie and the Banshees redid "Hall of Mirrors" on "Through the Looking Glass" (and I'm partial to this version):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqrp1TOwLqM
  2. ARCHIVED-Camoan Guest

In the city of Quel'Ule in Stonebrunt Highlands there is a npc with a unique model called Fyr'Emd Lorak Juggle things around a bit and it turns out this is an anagram of Lord Kerafyrm Whether this is an easter egg or a prelude of things to come remains to be seen
  3. ARCHIVED-TheGeneral Guest

No no no! Sleeper flashbacks.
  4. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Ruckus@Unrest wrote:
    Through the Looking Glass is the title of a book by Lewis Caroll as a sequel to Alice in Wonderland. I personally liked reading Looking Glass better than Wonderland.
  5. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

The quest "I, Spybot" is a reference to Issac Asimov's "I, Robot"
  6. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

"Researching Quel'ule: Lens Crafter" - Perhaps a reference to the real life LensCrafters company?
  7. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Double-post FTL.
  8. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

I can't remember the name of the quest, but it's from the Mausoleum where you check the headstones. The title has "Lesser Greats" in it.
    One of them is a necro's headstone, and the epitaph is a bit of the lyrics from Thriller.
    Gruengach...they live in a cave near the Mausoleum. Grue is a mob that was first made waay back in Zork..."You are likely to be eate by a grue".
    Grue is also a hacker reference, and the gruengach steal reference manuals from the Masoleum and you have to go get them.
    There's also gruagach, a Celtic fairy that guards cow herds at night to prevent bad fairies from souring the milk. Irish and Scottish Gaelic myths have grueagach as a large orge or giant creature with long hair like the wild man of the woods.
    The gruengach of SF are goatmen from the Plane of Nightmares, according to the info of their questline, so...not sure on the above.
    Sorry, it's late, and I was fighting a lot of those earlier today.
  9. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

Okay, this isn't an SF easter egg, but I've been wondering about it for months now. And since Gninja is posting in this thread, he might be able to verify if it's intentional or I'm just overly creative...
    When you use the teleporter in Neriak to the Dockside Markets, there's a dark elf there who appears to be gathering near another telepad. His name is "Hurze Do'Zaani". This sounds suspiciously like the recess game we all played in 3rd grade:
    Kid 1: Hey, do you want a hurtz donut?
    Kid 2: Yeah!
    Kid 1: (punches Kid 2 in the shoulder) Hurts, don' it?
    Hurze Do'Zaani = Hurts, doesn't it

I think I have an overactive imagination...
  10. ARCHIVED-Nayawk Guest

Eight-Legged Monstrosities! quest is reference I think to Eight-Legged Freaks! a 2002 movie with David Arquette.
  11. ARCHIVED-Wluil Guest

There is nearly a direct quote from the new Star Trek movie in part of the Epic Repercussions dialogue.
    After returning to the NPC in Qel'lule (sp?) with the book from the Erudin Library, she says something along the lines of, "Oh, it never occurred to me to think of the enchantment as the thing that was moving." Obviously referencing the scene where Spock informs Scotty of his future theory for warp speed transporting.
  12. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Wluil wrote:
    Win! I completely forgot about that quote in that quest.
  13. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Wilin wrote:
  14. ARCHIVED-Severai Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    That'll be my guildmate, Lera.
    A few others not mentioned yet ...
    Eats Shoots and Leaves - punchline to various jokes; also the title of a popular book by Lynne Truss on the proper use of punctuation.
    A Day In The Life - Beatles song
    Mother's Milk - Red Hot Chili Peppers album
    A Heart of Stone - title of various songs, including ones by the Rolling Stones and Cher
  15. ARCHIVED-ShadowplayDarkstar Guest

One of the headstones in Stonebrunt "Illusion is the first of all pleasures."

which brought a smile being im a huge Oscar Wilde fan.
  16. ARCHIVED-turtlewatchin Guest

dont forget the swashbuckler epic line is straight from the princess bride in the swamp of no hope and killing the unusually sized wyvern. and it would be hard to count all the lord of the rings references
  17. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Jeltzie@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Technically that's a Rise of Kunark easter egg. But well noted.
  18. ARCHIVED-Guy De Alsace Guest

There's a rat under a table in SF thats died with a bottle of beer in its mouth.
  19. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Guy De Alsace wrote:
    Which means what?
  20. ARCHIVED-Guy De Alsace Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Nothing, I just thought it was funny and a nice touch...why does it have to mean something??