Sentinel's Fate Easter Eggs

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Xalmat, Feb 21, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

Guy De Alsace wrote:
    Because that's what an "easter egg" is...something hidden, that usually has a pop-culture reference to some other thing.
    Things like the rat and beer bottle are just a nice touch of ambiance.
  2. ARCHIVED-Guy De Alsace Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Celelyris Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    Also..
    Soren - Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki

Soren was a member of the androgynous J'naii species.
    memory-alpha.org/wiki/Soren -

possibly,Likely using the name of an unmemorable character (Soren), who only those whom edit the Memory Alpha would know and using traits from Garak would be less of a pressing infringement on the Star Trek franchise rights... god knows who'll do what these days with Majel Roddenberry passed.

Some might mistakenly think of:

Malcolm McDowell...
    Dr. Tolian Soran

from the movie Star Trek: Generations
  4. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

With Sentinel's Fate, the released the Golden Path thing.

Before the Golden Path, the Stormhammer quest was a much longer quest that you could get at level 65. A part of it was a blatant reference to the Fantastic Four called the Fabulous Four, a group of odd adventurers that the King of Kaladim hired to track down the Stormhammer.

One was a dwarf made of stone (the Thing), the other was an... half elf or Erudite who could make himself covered in flames... That sort of thing. There was even an illusionist and a person who's "intellegence was stretched beyond comprehension... and so was his arms."

The Stormhammer itself is a reference to Mjolnir, the Hammer of Thor. It has a proc that can call down lightning from above when melee-ing with it.
  5. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

a friend got a loot in the library last night called the torgue of Dew'eyh DeS'smal (spelling might be of)
    but I thought it was cute.

and how/where do you start the Stormhammer questline now?
  6. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

One of the new Kejans makes a pun by saying "Situation at paw" instead of "situation at hand."

One of your responses is "I see what you did there."
  7. ARCHIVED-Konstantanos Guest

The Chant used by Lama Mukhlisah to bring back the risen scholar during the epic reprocussions quest line is a reference to the musical "Wicked".
    "Eleka nahmen nahmen
    Ah tum ah tum eleka nahmen"
    Comes directly from the song "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"- Elphaba is using the Gimmerie in a desperate attemt to protect Fiyero.
  8. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

One of the new solo quests in SBH is called "The Drudge Report".
  9. ARCHIVED-Harvash Guest

Not SF, but is an easter egg I just figured out - course I am slow and this is probably old news

Banker on Isle of Mara: Unatsa Nize = "U not sa nice" or "You Not So Nice"

Good name for a grumpy ol' banker, eh.
  10. ARCHIVED-FearDiadh Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    That one made me laugh. IRL, I can't seem to go more than 2 hours without checking the latest info on the Drudge Report. I was surprised to see I was on it in game too.
  11. ARCHIVED-glowsinthedark Guest

Not SF, but still my favorite in the game by far are the Dr Horrible mobs in Necrotic Asylum. its a shame that if you kill captain hamyr too fast that he doesn't start quoting from "Everyone's a hero in their own way"
  12. ARCHIVED-Natak Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Could be a reference to guiness beer and the urban myth of dead rats in their vats, but would be a stretch.
  13. ARCHIVED-Tyrus Dracofire Guest

rats with bottles look dead or seem if passed out, references to "Alice in Wonderland", not that recent movie, but read from the book, and watch disney's animation version, they showed few rats/mices look passed out on table and some under the table. it was kinda of inside joke about Mad Hatter's tea party.
  14. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

New with GU57, found in Gnomeland Security are two new gnomes: "Adam Cogbuster" and "Jamie Sprocketbreaker", who are an obvious nod to the TV show Mythbusters. :D
  15. ARCHIVED-Mosha D'Khan Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    oh that is funny lol
  16. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    That is awesome! I have to go see them now.
  17. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

While you're there, you should do the new quest line, which starts with Karalyn Cinderton. You will need to be a tradeskiller to do it. The whole quest series also plays on the Mythbuster theme.
  18. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Yeah I have 8 90s and 1 88, so I was definitely going to do the new tradeskill questlines. I love tradeskill quests, even if I am max level.
  19. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Speaking of tradeskills, the Replenishing the Observers quest that's part of the SF tradeskill line has you make "snug sleeved blankets" for the researchers at the Observatory, and the graphic looks like a red Snuggie.

It always makes me laugh when I get to that part.
  20. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

In the waters of Gorowyn volcano (within the city itself) is a deadly poisonous froad, a clever nod to Futurama.