Scorched Sky Feedback & Bugs - 2023

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jun 19, 2023.

1. Carynn Well-Known Member

I admit I was getting confused by posts after Katheel's response and realized we were talking apples and kiwis. Tested going into the scaled zone post-Combustion quest today, after a full day passed, to make sure my persistent timers would be reset. There is no option to go into the scaled Ro's Workshop anymore after the Combusion quest is completed. Confirmed the scaled version is unavailable after the quest is done, like Katheel said. (I sulk that I can't get the hopper boots ts part.)

FYI this has nothing to do with the zone-related bug posted in the bug forum.
  2. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I'm able to get in the zone without SOLO or HEROIC moniker when I'm grouped with a merc.
    When I click on portal with no merc summon I see only versions marked Solo or Heroic

Maybe that's the bug.

Are you able to summon merc? and try then
  3. Chikkin Well-Known Member

By the way I think Kaitheel meant that level 120 repeatable for upgrading the bracers from last year, that mission only pops in level 120 SOLO (or maybe HEROIC too), the one we have to do 6 times for achievement.

Which mission are you trying to do Carynn?
  4. Carynn Well-Known Member

I was trying to get back in to get the frog part for the hopper boots. Thought it might drop in the scaled zone.
  5. Saturnine New Member

Anyone have tips for reaching Searing Ledge in Sweatshop for the achievement? There is a video on ytube from last year that shows floating all the way down from Cinder Peak but there's no way my toon can glide that far. Same with Obsidian Shelf. I'm using the hot hoppers and totem of sabertooth, can't figure out what I'm missing!
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I reached searing ledge by gliding to the mountain wall then going as far up as possible then gliding to the ledge (this isn't the big stump but a ledge behind it)
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK FOR 2024:

After doing bit of research and looking at the various Building Block types in the various "materials" we have (don't think anything new had been added this year [thank goodness; lots to keep up with!]), I've come to the conclusion that we could easily have just four recipe books, similar to the books we get for Oceansfull (including the whole "you don't need special holiday rares to make these!" perk, only these books would be Merchant sold, for X number of Coins of Ember each, rather than only gotten after lots and lots and lots and lots of prayer, sacrifices, and tears in RNGeebus' direction):

Cracked Lava Building Blocks
    Obsidian Building Blocks
    Sun Scale Building Blocks
    Thyr Obsidian Link Building Blocks

There are other materials, like Burning Embers, Flowing Lava, etc., that could either be expanded into the other Building Block forms (most of these others are either in Room Dividers [the old-fashioned, framed shape] or Tiles) and into books of their own, or just left as is in their sets on the Merchants.

You wouldn't even have to update the books every year, just every time you get a new "material" in... :-/

But if you're working on a decorating project for something like "I Fell Into a Burning Ring of Luuuv!" for Erollisi Day, that's not the time to discover you're short a handful of Cracked Lava Tiles, and they're not available through the Broker... X-P

Yeah, plan for something like that in the summer before...

Uwk
    who ponders: we have recipe books for all of the other major holidays (Erollisi Day; Brewday; Bristlebane's Day; Oceansfull; Tinkerfest; Nights of the Dead; maybe not Heroes', but they don't have themed Building Blocks for that; and Frostfell); why not for Scorched Sky? :-/
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

we got 2 recipe books for building blocks for the summer event , one of those is new.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Were either of those specifically for Scorched Sky?? Hope not, actually, 'cause if so, I missed 'em... :(

Uwk
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

No Uwekete neither is for the fire festival , and no you did not miss them, the Summer event is still up, it will stay up till Oceans Full is over.
    The special summer dungeon will come back for a short time when Oceans Full is active.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.