Scorched Sky Feedback & Bugs - 2023

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jun 19, 2023.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Scorched Sky Celebration is active on Test!

You need not fear me or my fellow devotees of Flame, though you are bound to encounter us across Norrath during this time of celebration. Join us in lifting up the Tyrant of Fire and the Burning Prince through deed and word, and you too will know the cleansing intensity of Fire.

An unprecedented event is unfolding! Chandrima, an Allyrian from Plane of Magic, is projecting herself near the celebration location in Butcherblock Mountains, no matter your experience. Whatever her concerns are, it will undoubtably lead to an adventure sure to temper your mettle and burn away that which is weak, distracting, and fleeting, leaving only the strong, pure, and resilient!

There are some claims of brimfire tablets being found during battles with conjured fire elementals. I don’t lend any credence to such stories. It’s likely nothing.

If you wish to perform a task as part of the festival, speak with Limora Roamhill in Darklight Wood, Estmund Vynaan in Lavastorm, or Devotee Aborasah in The Sinking Sands. They would be thankful for any assistance.

New Features for '23!
    Special Rules Servers
    • Varsoon & Zarrakon - The entire event is active, with the exception of Combusting at the Seams, "Doomfire: Ro's Sweatshop", and Ro Resident Relics due to expansion availability.
    • Kael Drakkel - The entire event is active!
    Live Servers
    • New quest!
      • Brimfire and Flame - found amongst loot dropped from event fire elementals
    • Adjusted adventure quest!
      • Combusting at the Seams - offered by Chandrima in Butcherblock Mountains is now available to all levels!
    • New level scaling version of ’22 dungeon, for players under level 119.
      • Doomfire: Ro's Sweatshop
    • New collection!
      • Ro Resident Relics - Available in all “Doomfire: Ro's Sweatshop” dungeons
    • The Ember Merchants have 16 new items available! New items can be found on the Ember Merchant, while returning items can be found on the Ember Merchant Assistant.
    • Includes Silver Jubilation Medals during Summer Jubilee
    Returning features
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Ro worshipers are found fire dancing, summoning fire elementals and praising Fennin and Solusek Ro.
    • Tempered by Flame - Players defeat fire elementals (level scaling) found in areas of the world where followers of Ro are located. Defeat fire elemental for Coin of Ember.
    • A Sparkler Merchant can be found in any player city.
    • Overseer Quests and Agents
      • Offered: Estmund Vynaan near Dragons Breath Tunnel in Lavastorm
        • Conflagrant Rites – Crozier Quest
        • Conflagrant Rites – Bringing Flame Bearers
        • Conflagrant Rites – Cinderstone Heist
    • Quests
      • Combusting at the Seams - Repeatable every year
      • Feats of Burning Devotion - Repeatable every year
      • The Heat Is On - Repeatable every year
      • “Festive Fireworks” city quests – Repeatable
    • Collection
      • Corilac Gem Stones
      • Burns of a Feather
    This event content is currently set to run 06/29/2023 at 12:01 AM PT until 07/12/2023 at 11:59 PM PT on the live servers.

Please post any feedback and bugs that you encounter with this event in this thread. Any feedback submitted after 6/25 may not be received in time to be taken into account for this year.

Thank you!

~Kaitheel
    Feara, Twyla, Kasa and 1 other person like this.
  2. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I would like to see the spawn rate for the elementals in Lavastorm increased a little bit, with just me in the zone there were a number of times I had to just stop and wait for them to start popping again, same with the shinny's. Its not game breaking, but would still be nice. Or you could expand the area where they spawn a bit so there is room for more
    Geroblue likes this.
  3. Kasa Well-Known Member

New house items look good.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  4. Playz4fun Active Member

Working on this now on Test. Went to Lavastorm to pick up the Overseer quest from Estmund Vunaan, and got the message below:

Thank you!
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you meant for something to be there, but you might want to try posting it again unless 'Thank you!' was the message you got...
  6. Playz4fun Active Member

Oops, sorry about that. The NPC for the overseer quest said there was nothing available.

In hindsight, since there is currently a downtime, it could be related to that. I will check again later!

Thanks Taled!
    Pixistik, Kaitheel and Taled like this.
  7. Gelenor Well-Known Member

The scalable quest from Chandrima, the Allyrian from Plane of Magic is "Combusting at the Seams", at the celebration point in Butcherblock. The rewards when you gain the quest at level 125 is a choice of cloaks with resolve and stats at resolve level 305. Just noting it in case it is not intentional.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  8. Kaitheel Developer

It should be the same as it was last year, for characters level 120+.

~ Kaitheel
  9. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Jacinder, the scorched Merc Healer) at Buthcerblock Griffon Station now has VoV level in terms of buffs
    Kaitheel likes this.
  10. Gelenor Well-Known Member

New tier drops are happening from the Elementals. For example Vetrovilyte Relic, a saleable and status item
    Kaitheel likes this.
  11. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Some of the "a Scorched Storm Elemental" in Butcherblock will not activate when you approach them, or even harress them!

Edit: might have just been a game glitch, working now
    Kaitheel likes this.
  12. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Quest; The second drop in quest: Brimfire and Flame is quite rare, As suggested by the text.
  13. Gelenor Well-Known Member

If I hear "Thread the Needle" one more time in Doomfire: Ro's Sweatshop [Heroic] I am going to throw up. The timer before failing this and death is VERY short. Curse you Chrol, this is one nasty zone. And then there is insta-death lava again to add to it.
    Feara likes this.
  14. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Question, weren't the egg clutches for "The heat is on" a group update? I don't remember.
    Same question for the flame tuatara hatchlings.
    None of those are group updates.

Edit: I just dropped a level 40 symbol from a level 125 Ember elemental in Sinking Sand (so zone-appropriate but not level-appropriate).
    I don't know if that's normal.
  15. Chrol Developer

Regarding Thread the Needle, you have an additional 10 seconds to thread the needle, now, and Thread the Needle won't recast so quickly after you successfully thread the needle.

Threading the needle,
    -Chrol
    Gelenor likes this.
  16. Kaitheel Developer

No, they were not group updates due to the very close-knit region where they are found and their immediate respawn time.

I was not able to reproduce this. The corpse loot is set pet the creature's level for these level-scaling event creatures.

~ Kaitheel
  17. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I thought there was a reason indeed but wanted to double check! Thanks for the answer!

This was a chest drop and not a body loot. I think there isn't supposed to be chest drops on those mobs for levels where there are no chest drops. I might have triggered a chest drop but the table for overland creatures being empty for that level, it defaults to zone loot? It's the only reason I can imagine.
    (note that I never had any problems when mentoring down to, say, 60, for event mobs and always got appropriate-level chest drops. I do that once in a while to generate a couple adepts/TS recipes)

Is there any plan to move items from the bonus rewards from the old event zones (New era and Turning Clock sets) who are level 125 with current stats to transmute to current transmuting components? They still transmute to vetrovian powder/infusion/mana.
  18. Kaitheel Developer

I'll certainly inquire about it!

~ Kaitheel
    Whilhelmina likes this.
  19. Kaitheel Developer

From a chest? Yeah, then that may have been a random roll on zone loot. I don't think I would want to stop that from happening, if that is the case. The good news is that if that is what happened, the loot is not in place of something level appropriate, it was completely extra. I'll take a look!

~ Kaitheel
    Whilhelmina likes this.
  20. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Thanks for looking Kaitheel! You're the best!