"Roster Master" - Guild Roster for Your Personal Guild Website

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Seagoat, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

If anyone has also updated GEM for the larger ID's please let me know.
    I'm finding the same people that previously didn't show up in the roster list are now unable to sign-up in GEM. I'm slowing going thru the code, but well, I'm not a php dev so its going REAL slow.
    Update-
    Yeah nevermind, I've got GEM working again. I can provide an updated zip file if anyone else needs.
    I have to say it is nice having Roster Master and GEM working again.
  2. ARCHIVED-Mican Guest

So is GEM only for DragonFly?
    My previous guild we did use DragonFly and used Roster Master and GEM - but new guild is using Joomla (it has a cool little ACT parser program for it that we use a lot). We are having a hard time finding a calendar/raid sign up module for Joomla that allows sign ups... GEM would be perfect if I could get it all working with the Stand Alone version.
  3. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

I honestly don't know. I've only used it with dragonfly.
    I don't actually know php at all really, I just worked my way thru the code, found the problems and fixed it ;) I don't understand it well enough to know what would happen if you tried running it outside of dragonfly.
    It would appear to me in what I figured out of how it works is that it is dependent on Rostermaster, and if it was attempted to run outside dragonfly, at the very least the admin panel for settings wouldn't be available (since that is part of the dragonfly integration).
  4. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

Speaking of long-standing issues never addressed. I finally found where the patch notes for the updater are hidden. Apparently, patching the patcher to get the new update notes is too... difficult for SOE. So, most of us (i.e. those of us using the retail patcher) are stuck forever looking at the update notes from, I dunno, April or something.
    I found the new page using Google, completely by accident.
    Version 2.0 of SOE Update Notes fixes that, and that feed appears to be working as one might expect.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Some news...
    The good: New website will launch in early December, along with the expansion and the new free-to-play model.
    The unknown: they haven't specified if that new website includes the mythical data feeds promised long ago
    The bad: I probably won't be there to update RMSA to those new feeds. I'm quitting EQ2 this month, which means I will most likely lose forum access at the same time. My interest in EQ2 has simply decreased to be next to non-existant after 6 years playing this game non-stop. If someone wants to take over RMSA development, please contact me (only SERIOUS persons, not just "Oh, I think I can do it, maybe, sometime, perhaps, it's just HTML, right?"). If not... If I can have access to all the necessary data feed and I get bored enough during the winter I _might_ work on it. I expect the code change to be non-trivial if they change the whole data feed setup and start adding more data, so it will require a certain amount of motivation to get me started on such a non-trivial amount of work.
    In which case I'll make sure Grue or someone else gets notified so they can update this thread.
  6. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

Lantis@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    This is new news, although it would fit what we're seeing. Still blows my mind SoE think they can ignore customer-facing services like this. I mean, Blizzard is going CRAZY with their products. Blizzcon is on Pay Per View on cable and sat, for crying out loud.
    Dumb people, doing dumb business. =/
    Geeze, that is bad news. Very sorry to hear that, really enjoyed working with you on the Roster Master project. I do hope the new feed comes to pass soon, and perhaps renews your interest.
    I'm keeping an eye on things periodically, but untill SoE gets off thier collective duffs, there's not much for any of us to do on this. =(
  7. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Looks like the F2P conversion has given me back forum posting access Let's hope it will stay that way.
    More news update:
    1) According to SJ's recent Producer's Letter, the new website is being delayed by a week
    2) I will have time this month to look at adapting the new XML feeds for RMSA. I already started talking with Grue over some technical details on the parsing.
    As an aside, kinda bummed that some bloggers got early access to those feeds, but developpers who could actually use them (and provide enlightened feedback as they actually use them while developping) didn't That could have helped us ensure that RosterMaster projects are ready to land running once the new website launches. Oh well. At least it seems the backend was done by an EQ2 programmer, and not SOE's generic webteam, so I am hopeful for something far more suitable to our needs than the previous offerings. Time will tell.
    EDIT: All sorted out. Thank you to you-know-who-you-are
  8. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Request for feedback!
    I am seriously considering switching the XML parser to use SimpleXML, as it makes the code much simpler and more robust (IMHO). However, I need to see first if SimpleXML support is something common enough with modern hosting companies, or if there are still quite a few lagging behind.
    I need as many RosterMaster users (both RMSA and RM4DF) as possible to run the small bit of code below, which will report wether your server supports SimpleXML or not:
    <?php
    echo "SimpleXML support: ".extension_loaded("SimpleXML")."<br>";
    echo "Version: ".phpversion()."<br>";
    ?>

Just create a simple testing.php page with this code in it, and access the page from your browser. Please send me a PM with the results (1 or 0 for SimpleXML support, and the PHP version) If I see too many users whose server doesn't support it then I'll drop this idea, and simply stick with the current parser.
  9. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

I know ya said PM, but here's what the response should look like:
    SimpleXML support: 1
    Version: 5.2.9
  10. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

You're welcome. :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

Not just sorted out, sorted out in spades. Big thank you to you-know-who.
    Also thanks to Lantis, who really was the person responsible for making things happen for the Roster Master community. Expect bright new things to come out of both RM ports soon as we've got data, data, DATA!
    Hopefully I'll have some time to program during the holidays, I'm still trying to get back into my regular routine after having a little trouble with a capitol "C" (I'm fine now).
    We'll see how good my code comment discipline was when I start revising the code after letting it sit for over three months... I can't remember the last time I looked at the parser, and that's one of the first things that's going to need a heck of a cleaning! =P
  12. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Dark_Grue wrote:
    Kinda helps being able to scrap our Unholy Trio of parsers (XML-HTML-CSV) and replace it with a shiny new Twin Engine Parser (tm pending) to handle both guild and roster data :) After a few hours I have a mostly working setup already - I'll try to bounce my code at you later tonight.
  13. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Dark_Grue wrote:
    Holy crap, Grue...I'm glad you're ok!! You're not allowed to go anywhere, just so you know. ;)
  14. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Progress update:
    RMSA is now fully interfaced with the new data feeds, and working pretty well. Those feeds DEFINITELY update more often than the old ones ;)
    So far I have focused on rewriting the data parser, and handling the data fields I was already supporting in 4.5.0. Once that part is fully finalized I will start working on adding new data fields. There are quite a lot of them to chose from, I will have to decide which to support.
    I can't give any solid ETA, but my guess is I should have something ready before Christmas (if no unforseen issue arises).
  15. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Progressing faster than I was expecting. Have a look at the current development version here. Check out the new Combat and History links at the top (and of course, the displayed fields on both pages are 100% configurable).
  16. ARCHIVED-Nashbry Guest

Very nice indeed. Thanks for working on such a program. I know you are extrememly busy with this right now but if the mood strikes you (and seriously I won't be offended if you choose not to, you probably have many better things to do) my guild uses glfusion to run our site, if you ever get the chance, integration for that cms would be very helpful. If not, that is cool too, the standalone will work just fine =o)
  17. ARCHIVED-NEROLATHE Guest

Not to stray off here, but could you all tell me where to find these feeds? Apparently I'm just being stupid and can't think of a good enough set of keywords to find 'em. :(
  18. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Nerolathe@Butcherblock wrote:
    They only made them public last Friday. It's on the Station Forums: http://forums.station.sony.com/stat...category_id=107
  19. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Nashbry wrote:
    Since each CMS/Forum is completely different and authentication support usually requires a lot of time and effort (assuming it's actually doable - I've ran into some where it was virtually impossible), I prefer not to develop any additional auth module to RMSA (unless it were one widely used enough to justify the effort, and assuming also that integration is actually possible). Sorry - I prefer to focus my efforts on the core itself. :) Not saying that someone else couldn't write his own auth module. The 6-7 supported modules already available can often serve as a starting base.
  20. ARCHIVED-NEROLATHE Guest

Thank you so much, didn't even know we had those forums to be honest...