"Roster Master" - Guild Roster for Your Personal Guild Website

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Seagoat, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Nashbry Guest

Works like a charm now, Thanks!!!
  2. ARCHIVED-Finnstang Guest

Awesome. Thanks for the quick update! One thing I noticed...after dumping the new files in, I went to the roster and it seemed to refresh the data. When it did, I go a bunch of dkp errors again and then the roster appeared below it with all the dkp fields empty. Warning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in /home/noobher1/public_html/eq2-aegis.com/forum/rostermaster/dkpplugins/dkpdb.php on line 74 I then went into the configuration and forced a refresh of the dkp data and that was successful and the roster then showed the dkp amounts again.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Finnstang wrote:
    I haven't touched the DKP code since last year when I implemented it. I'll have to reinstall eqdkp and take a look.
  4. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

DKP issues fixed. Was a type casting issue introduced by the new parser. I should have a Beta 3 available tonight or tomorrow, depending on what other issues arise - thanks for the report!
  5. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Beta 3 is now available: http://www.lostrealm.ca/tower/node/70
    Changes in 5.0.0 Beta 3 (22-Dec-2011)
    • FIXED: Failed to parse the DKP database on roster updates
    • FIXED: DKP grouped sorting
    • FIXED: Two HTML errors (re-validated HTML markups)
    • FIXED: Characters had the wrong "id" stored (truncated integer)
  6. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

I'm guessing this can't be used on a site such as guild portal?
    If not, is there a site that is similar to that can use roster master?
  7. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Katz wrote:
    None of those sites will allow you to host your own PHP/MySQL code AFAIK, as they all present you with a closed solution running their own proprietary portal code, with no possibility for running your own PHP code.
    What you could do is get a cheap web hosting service somewhere, host RosterMaster there, and link back to it from your Guildportal website. You could probably get something for about $50/year - the most basic packages should give you both PHP and MySQL support these days.
  8. ARCHIVED-Finnstang Guest

Lantis@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Sweet! Happy to be a guinea pig... :D
  9. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

RosterMaster StandAlone v5.0.0
    Slightly overfed by the new SOE data feeds, it's now ready for general consumption :)
    This is the biggest update in years, offering over 30+ data fields to chose from, and to organize in up to five separate pages. Make sure you read the Changelog for important ugrade information.
    Before going ahead with the actual changelog... Long-time RosterMaster users (both RMSA and RM4DF) know how much of an uphill battle it has been over the years trying to scrape whatever bit of information we could from what SOE gave us, having to work through breakage, the removal of information we relied on, and their general lack of cooperation. But this time, I'd like to actually thank them, as the folks involved in these new data feeds (starting with Dan Kinney who's been very communicative in regard to these new feeds) have done an outstanding job. Working on this new version has been an actual pleasure. So, props goes to them: without these new feeds, RMSA would still be gathering dust in some dark corner of my SSD.
    And now onto the actual meal!
    Changes in 5.0.0 (23-Dec-2011)
    *** The database schema has changed - make sure you select the appropriate database upgrade from the configuration page.
    *** Many changes in available fields - make sure you edit your configuration. Using the available presets as a starting point is strongly recommended.
    *** PHP requirement has been bumped to 5.0, with SimpleXML support required.
    *** German (and French, in part) translations are outdated. If you can help update these, please contact me.
    *** Upgrade procedure:
    1) Backup your existing installation (especially any customized file)
    2) Install the RMSA 5.0.0 files on top of your old installation.
    3) Edit css/rostermaster.css as needed if you had any customization
    4) Enter the Configuration module.
    5) Edit your settings, set any new option as desired. Pay attention to any field that has a red asterisk next to its description, as it has changed.
    6) Select the appropriate "Upgrade Database" option.
    7) Click on 'Update Roster'.
    *** Known issues:
    - Character links to EQ2Players don't work (since new website isn't online yet)
    - Guild total status shows as 0 - issue on the data feeds' end

• NEW: Data retrieved from new XML data feeds provided by SOE. These provide much more data for me to play with than the previous basic XML/CSV feeds, and they should also be far more reliably updated.
      Note that characters that haven't logged since those feeds went live will be reported as "No Data" on the roster. You can optionally hide these in the configuration, under Display ("Hide Characters for which we have no data").
    • NEW: Added Beastlord support
    • NEW: Added support for having both secondary tradeskills
    • NEW: Many new fields for your display templates (now over 30 fields to chose from).
    • NEW: Presets for display templates. You can select a set of fields for your roster pages that most closely matches your guild's playstyle, and edit it further afterward.
    • NEW: Race field, with optionally displayed icons done by Seagoat. Thanks! :)
    • NEW: Implemented config version checking. You will be pointed back to the configuration page if you try to access a roster which requires you to update your configuration.
    • NEW: Option to show/hide the Export (to CSV) link on the menu. Now disabled by default (unless logged as an admin).
    • NEW: Config options that are new or changed since last version will show a flashing red asterisk next to their description on the configuration interface.
    • NEW: Added new Top 5 charts to the Guild Summary page (Newest members, Most Kills and Most Deaths).
    • IMPROVED: You can have now up to 5 stats pages defined on your roster.
    • IMPROVED: When available Curl will automatically be used for fetching data from SOE, otherwise file_get_contents() will be used.
    • IMPROVED: Numeric-based grouping: extended status beyond 2.5M, generic ranges used for quests, crafted, harvested, and a few others.
    • IMPROVED: Rewrote the CSV generator (for roster export) to be more flexible, more robust, and RFC-compliant.
    • IMPROVED: A slight touch of CSS3 on the tooltip popups
    • FIXED: DKP grouped sorting
    • NERFED: In order to make the code easier to maintain, flatfile and PostgreSQL support has been dropped, as they weren't really used anymore, and MySQL is pretty much the norm with web hosting these days.
    • NERFED: Removed the example config.php.dist file, as manually editing this file is no longer recommended due to the large amount of config entries.
    • NERFED: Removed Item Discoveries from guild summary, as this data is no longer accurate on SOE's end due to the server merges.

View it here.
    Download it here.
    RSS Feed here.Discuss it here.
  10. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

Lantis@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    That's about what I thought. I used to have my own site but its a pain to keep up, especially with all the security issues with hackers. Here's hoping eq2 provides a decent one to use that will use the data feeds.
  11. ARCHIVED-Lenoir Guest

Hi Tnx for updating this,
    got it running on my private server, and im happy to offer the guild some up-to-date stats.
    Greetings,
    Ortahr.
  12. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

Hi Folks,
    Just wanted to let RM4DF users know I haven't forgot about things. Although I did forget my SOE Authenticator over the holidays, so no posting for me! I ahve been collaborating with Lantis over the holiday however, and do have a working beta of the next version of RM4DF.
    I will try and do a release soon (I just got back from the holidays), and will be adding new features and wringing out bugs as things go along. =)
    Happy New Year!
  13. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
    - Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)
    Yes!!! This is it! Soon to be a major motion picture, it's ROSTER MASTER FOR DRAGONFLY:
    ~ XXXML EDITION ~

Roster Master for Dragonfly (RM4DF) 8.0.0:
    Get it and development news from the RM4DF Project Page. Not a Dragonfly CMS user? Visit the Roster Master overview page for information on related projects.
    • Version 8 is the first use of the new SOE data server and the REST API. Thanks to Zoltaroth and Dan Kinney at SOE for implementing this and staying involved with the community. Also a big thanks to Feldon and Dethdlr at EQ2Wire for their assitance in gettin the Roster Master project talking to the right people. And finally thanks to Lantis for making things happen and pioneering the Roster Master port to the new data interface.
    • Added Destiny of Velious Heritage Quests.
    • Fixed quest reward link text for Paw of Opolla heritage quest.
    • Created new Administraton panel and moved most (of the infrequently used) administrative functions there.
      • New Lookup Guild ID function added to administration panel.
      • New Unclaimed Characters display added to the Dragonfly administration panel status area.
    • Improvements to diagnostics page style and tests.
    • Fixed error in roster expiration duration warning.
    • Updated rm4df_update.sh shell script to reflect new data sources.
    • Added Beastlord class to the Scout archetype.
    • Extensive changes to the parser. Most (but not nearly all) available data fields are parsed, but are not currently templated for display. Thanks to Lantis for collaborating on parser design and other internals.
    • Nonexistant avatar and rank image files are no longer fatal errors in Signature Master.
    • Fixed longstanding error with the avatar CLASS keyword that prevented it from working correctly in Signature Master.
    • Guild Wall of Fame block has been updated with new field data, new leaderboards.
    • Added class, race, rank, and tradeskill images to the roster template. Thanks to Seagoat to take the time to get these out of the DDS format and into the more palatable PNG format we all like to use, as well as graciously consenting to allow her efforts to be included in the RM4DF distribution.
    • More debugging hooks for my development use, and a few more informational system logs (e.g. execution times are now collected for the roster).
    • CONFIG CHANGE: As field name have changed, names in the Signature Master templates have changed. See the template_variables.csv file to see what template names are available. Also refer to the example. Signature Master generates the 'FullName', 'Server', and 'guild_rankname' internally, which are also available for templating.
    • CONFIG CHANGE: The structure of the 'images' directory has changed to facilitate the new roster logic and column templates.
    • CONFIG CHANGE: The semantics of the $config['columns'] variable have changed. Refer to the config.inc file.
    • CONFIG CHANGE: Custom character avatars have been moved into the 'characterId' subdirectory of the 'avatar' directory, where they were previously, to help with file organization.
    • CONFIG CHANGE: Removed $config['use_XML_parser'] parameter from the config.inc file, input is all XML now.
    • CONFIG CHANGE: Removed $config['lookup_rank'] parameter from the config.inc file, ranks are parsed from guild XML now.
    • CONFIG CHANGE: Changed $config['officers'] and $config['exclude_ranks'] to use rank numbers now, instead of rank names. Should eliminate the need to update the configuration for most guild structures.
    • CONFIG CHANGE: Removed $config['breakdown_limit20plus'], as the pre- Level 20 classes have been eliminated from gameplay.
    • CONFIG CHANGE: The name of the theme templates directory has changed from 'rostermaster' to 'roster_master' to maintain consistency with the module directory name.
    • CONFIG CHANGE: The refresh period set by $config['cache_update_time'] hes been changed from 6 hours to 1 hour, since now new data should be available as soon as a character zones or logs out. For now, be wary of giving this a low value, until performance issues are better understood.
    • CONFIG CHANGE: The French language file has been removed, as I'm unable to maintain it. Any Francophile who wishes to take a stab at it is welcome to submit it to the project.
    • DATABASE SCHEMA CHANGE: Both the roster_master and roster_master_guild tables have changed significantly, and will be in flux for the near future.
    • Updated documentation.
    • KNOWN ISSUE: The Dragonfly installer may behave in a nondeterministic fashion during the upgrade process, performing a table DROP after, instead of before a CREATE. If you see errors indicating your roster_master table is missing, recreate it by using the included roster_master.sql file with the Import SQL File function in the Dragonfly Database administration panel. You will need to edit the table names in the file if you have a different table prefix or suffix.
  14. ARCHIVED-Nashbry Guest

Ok this relates to RM4DF---I chose to install Dragonfly as my guilds portal due to all of the bells and whistles---my problem is, I get the following error after following install instructions. Maybe I missed something, but for the life of me I cannot find it---btw, as long as I leave the RM module installed, I get the message regardless of what page I got to.

Fatal error: Class 'URL' not found in /home/[edited4privacy]/public_html/modules/Roster_Master/admin/adlinks.inc on line 41
    Any ideas? Yes I am on a shared hosting environment.
  15. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

Nashbry wrote:
    Foo! I thought I had taken those out.
    Problem is, I have been developing on a slightly advanced copy of Dragonfly. I'm on an early release of 10, and most people are on the 9-series.
    I think the URL class was added at the beginning of 10, I can't remember why I started using it, as I was aware of the problems of getting too far ahead of the users base. Perhaps I'd researched it and thought it was added earlier. You should be on 9.3.2.0 as the lastest release of Dragonfly.
    Just change
    URL::admin(
    to
    adminlink(
    on Line 41 of admin/adlinks.inc
    I'll do a silent point release and get the fix on the distro sites ASAP.
  16. ARCHIVED-Nashbry Guest

Dark_Grue wrote:
    Ok, awesome, thanks! that fixed it Now to go play around with it a bit more.
  17. ARCHIVED-CuCullain Guest

Not sure if anyone can help with this but;

Just upgraded to the newest RM4DF 8.0.1, works fine after I imported the sql that was included.

Problem is now no one can sign up for event in raid ninja. Reinstalled raid ninja with dragonfly/roster master options like before but no one is elligible to sign up.
  18. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

Faush@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Schema changes most likely.
    Since everything I'm aware of that integrates with RM4DF are dead projects, I felt at liberty to change around the internal tables at a whim. It didn't occur to me this might impact installed users.
    I'll see if I can take a look at it and see where the disconnect is. I doubt it's much of a change, I can probably patch RN to fix it relatively easily. I may consider changing RM4DF fields back, but at the moment I'm leaning towards sticking with the New Way.
    EDIT: Looks like editing includes/api/rmdfly.php is all that's needed. I'll see if I can get Faush back up and running with an edited version of that.
  19. ARCHIVED-Yiloth Guest

Is there any way to get Heritage Quests status? Weather they have completed a specific one?
  20. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

Yiloth wrote:
    Negative.
    The Heritage Quest Tracker feature of RM4DF allows users to self-identify quest status and completion, but the data server does not contain quest information on characters.
    Realistically, that would make the XML file huge beyond comprehension. To give you an idea, the complete XML file for the characters in a guild of 179 characters is 5MB (probably much larger than that, as currently maybe a 1/3rd of that isn't fully populated). It would force you to do scheduled background processing of data (and you'd be tranferring tens of megabytes of data on a roster update - not a trivial load, on your servers/bandwidth, or SOE's).
    If it was possible to just pull a quest category ("heritage") selectively... perhaps the volume of data could be managable. Dunno. A lot depends on how the game stores quest journal data, and how it would communicate that to the data server. In any case, I think the idea has merit, and I've passed it on as a feature enhancement request to the SOE developers working on the data server. They seem pretty involved and responsive, so I think it'll at least receive some consideration.