Return Home to the Isle of Refuge Prestige Home

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Qixil Active Member

I've been kind of grumpy in my posts lately, but this one won't be. I got my 11-year VR today and I am really happy to have the Isle and items that came with it, for free at that. I do wish it was one per character, only because we can't transfer house titles, but I don't plan on deleting it, so I can live with that. What I do wish is that the island could be usable as a guild hall. While I'm stubborn and not going to pay $44 for a race, I would spend that much (and more) if this could be converted to a guild hall (although I wouldn't complain if it were free of charge either). My reason is I hate decorating (actually I love to IRL but not in game) and would rather just have one place (this place) to do it all. So, good work designers/devs on this and many thanks!
  2. Irisviel New Member

Delightfully surprised that this is NOT "one per account", or even limited in any way. In fact, I've claimed two DOZEN of them across multiple characters already.

[IMG]
    Qixil likes this.
  3. Clash Member

I have taken breaks from playing EQ2, sometimes as long as 6 months. However, I never let my subscription lapse. I always wanted it accessible for when I wanted to play, and the sub was required to age the account. I wanted the veteran rewards for my loyalty. I can admit to being a little disappointed when SOE decided to stop requiring a paid sub to age an account, and also retroactively aged all accounts to their creation date regardless of subscription time. I do play EQ2 because I enjoy the game, but there are many reasons right now that I don't feel SOE really cares about our loyalty.
  4. Faery Member

Oh, let me be clear on one point : i agree for most of points with you all, i just hate to read that because some account are younger they are not as valuable as the olders. Our money for sub is as precious.
    So letting us acceed to things via market is a good thing for me.I don't feel being put appart that way ( because i had to remake new account this one is only 4 years old so imagine i would be crazy for this island : 6 or 7 years to wait ?? that's just insane )
  5. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

No-one has said that a younger account is less valuable. SOE have always given out special rewards based on account age, that is all. In the past these have ranged from xp potions and paintings to whole houses. And the wonderful Call of The Veteran - best thing ever. Few have been upset at this in the past - I think SOE have made a bit of a mistake handling this one because a) The Isle is an emotive & particularly desirable reward for a lot of people and b) this is the first time a Vet Award has been available _simultaneously_ for SC.

Having a messed up/redone account is an annoying situation, so I can understand those few people being frustrated. Selling it for SC is fine with me, I just think the earliest Vets should have got it first (which isn't me btw - I was 2 weeks late to the party because I was waiting to get paid lol), and only by a few weeks/a month.

This whole game involves showing off to people. Whether you are a raider, adventurer or decorator, it doesn't matter. The game rewards what we do with things to show everyone else that we have done it. Appearance-Only gear (esp cloaks), Houses, looted house items from the end of dungeons, mount appearances, dungeon maker, housing leaderboards (not to mention trophies to put in your house - finally earned one of those!), Raid trophy 'heads' for your guildhall, Titles - its all to show off what you have done. If not, why set a title that only others can see? Why put your house on the Leaderboards? Why put the heads in your guildhall? Why even have anything other than the tiniest guildhall? It's nice to have someone say 'oh wow I love your hat, where did you get it?' Absolutely none of that is a bad thing - it's not (for most people, like me) about some silly air of superiority, it's simply about being proud of what you have done and that is a mentally healthy attitude (if not taken too far into arrogance). I am proud to have been playing EQ2 since the start, that's all. My physical bits and bobs (coins, art book etc) from the earliest days are on a shelf on display in my living room for all to see - I'd be sad if they got lost/broken/stolen but I don't need them. I don't base my self worth on them. I am simply proud to have them.
    Merriel likes this.
  6. Qixil Active Member

Wow, and to think I fell into that predetermined state. Oops lol.
  7. Jaqen Member

i just got 4015 today and no claim for 11 years... am i missing something?
  8. oldskool Active Member

Wait until tomorrow.
  9. Caela Well-Known Member

Did you open the claim window twice? My account age rolled over while I was playing last night (like at 8pm) - so I quickly did the /claim and it wasn't there. Closed the window, and did /claim again, and it was there.

I got the server disco as well :)
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  10. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

This is most likely a bug and not intended, especially if you are claiming a single reward repeatedly on one character.
  11. Windstalker Executive Producer

Hey guys, be careful about claiming a ton of these.

We are looking into it and we will correct it given it's a data issue somewhere. We don't want to disrupt your decorating efforts when this is resolved. It is supposed to be one per account. And we are very sorry this is broken in any way. Very frustrating for you and us too.

We are on the case with our teams but may not be fixed until we update the game on Tuesday. it's not an issue of not wanting to give fun stuff, it's an issue of a data error somewhere that will have to be fixed, as in, we won't be able to workaround the issue in how we grant items to folks which means it will have to resolve to one per account when data is fixed. Being able to claim many times per character is a bug in every situation. And I really don't want sad, loyal players when it reverts to one claim.

Humble apologies,

Holly

Again, we are very sorry.
  12. Tkia Well-Known Member

Sadly you already have those due to its being restricted to one per account in the first place and available to people with fat wallets long before most vets can /claim their token freebie. Neither of which actually inspires much loyalty for the future. :(
    Naramsin and Pipsissiwa like this.
  13. Clash Member

I didn't realize it could be claimed several times per character. I figured it ended up being like the other veteran rewards after all, one per character. Maybe the bug never would have occurred in the first place if it was given as one per character.

I guess now is a good to time mention that I feel many of the station cash items should be account wide unlocks instead of just a single item purchase. I would find it much more enticing to buy the various homes, mounts and decorating items for those prices if they were account unlocks.
    Naramsin and Pipsissiwa like this.
  14. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I'm a bit surprised it's 1 per account and not 1 per character. But, I can kind of understand. Many of us donate items like those to other decorators which means everyone who buys an isle of refuge could get a vet to give them the vet only replica packs. This will keep that portion of the vet reward very special!
    As to selling it on SC, GREAT idea. Many people who have wanted the isle for a long long long long time don't wanna wait more ;) And it doesn't give you the replica pack, which I would consider a must have, so vets are still mega special.
    I think the way they did this was spot freakin' on. Respecting the fact we want this house muchly NOW ;) and yet, making vets special. I can't begin to express how much I appreciated the way they did this. 12 thumbs up!
  15. Hijinx Well-Known Member

So, I accidentally /claimed this reward twice on one character. I have not /claimed it on any others and, on my main character, I only purchased one home. Will I lose my house or the stuff I have moved there today?
  16. Irisviel New Member

So the few of us that claimed it already are the "lucky" ones? I have the prestige house on 20 characters and hundreds of the plushies and interactable custom house actors. I am very happy with this, since it actually feels like a veteran reward given that you can populate your brand new isle with the plushies, without spending SC. I've gone so far as to hand out entire reward plushie packages to various other people (via placing it in their home) even.

It's sad that the only reason it's "one per account" is because 90% of the items given now have a dollar amount attached due to being sold in the marketplace.

Edit: That's also why it's supposed to be "one per account" - if it was for every character, we could just continuously create characters, claim the package, and populate our isle with hundreds of plushies without spending SC. A blatant slap in the face to people who have been with this game even before it launched.
    Stealthmode likes this.
  17. Merriel Well-Known Member

Afista, I have a question about this rule that it's one per account...how will that work with the SC purchased Isle of Refuge then? If I purchase the Isle of Refuge now using SC, then when my account hits the appropriate age to be able to claim it as a vet reward...does this mean I won't get my vet reward since I already purchased it using real cash?
  18. Faelan Active Member

This is why I think they would have been better off to make the empty isle one per character, and the plushy pack one per account. So far as I know, they are already separate items, and can be flagged separately. And have the furnishings, etc. be part of the plushie pack, so that they can be placed if/as the owner wished, but have the empty isle so many have requested. I don't really mind that the isle is already furnished for the most part, but can clearly see how having it done already can take away from the feeling of ownership. Already decorated, the isle isn't really "yours" as you had no input in where the items are placed. Also keep the plushie pack vet reward only, so the vets have something at least that can only be earned over time, thus the SC version would only be the empty isle.
    My real peeve has been the non-working doors, especially the tree house. It makes the Isle a "house" my character can't really "live" in, as over half the buildings are nothing more than large furniture.
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  19. Kuulei Well-Known Member

To you both and the rest of the team:
    One (1) per account is rough after vet rewards in the past being one per character. How about a compromise? We have had items in the past that were three (3) per account, and the reason I bring this up is that many of us call more than one server home so I think three (3) per account would somewhat satiate the drive for decorators and still allow for for marketing to dig into pockets of those wanting many more!

So when this "fix" goes in, how about 3 per account, instead of the one :D
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  20. mouser Well-Known Member

It would be better if SOE kept actual time played as the metric for getting vet rewards - this way you'd have a real incentive to keep playing. FTP has made this pretty much impossible - I suppose they could flag accounts as needing to log in once a month or something, but that seems like a lot of work for not a whole lot of gain.

As for the decorations - as I said in the other threads: An empty isle would not be the Isle of Refuge. This is a reward for all the players in the game, not just the decorators. A moment of nostalgia for everyone that went through there, if you will.
    Qixil likes this.