Return Home to the Isle of Refuge Prestige Home

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Qixil Active Member

There are also still a lot of areas to decorate and build even with what is already included, for example on the hills, where there is grass, foliage and also some water. The land is flat enough and quite large to accommodate something else.
  2. Clash Member

I was thinking the same. At the least the island 1 per character, the plushie pack 1 per account. I have different ideas for the island for a few characters. While I would like to have a few copies of the plushies, it's multiple instances of the island that I really want.
  3. Ferji New Member

Just wanted to say

Thank You!

for this great veteran reward!

I claimed my island too, and it is really great! Brings back so many memories :). I especially like how you can enter the basement of Malvonicus Tower and the cave and decorate that too.
    Hijinx and Afista_SOE like this.
  4. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

You will still be entitled to the vet reward and it will be available in your /claim rewards. You would not be able to consume the house deed on a character that already owns that home, but you would be able to use it on another one of your characters.
  5. Merriel Well-Known Member

So then it is possible to own more than one of these homes per account...it's just one /claim per account? So if you choose to do so, you could purchase this home for each character on your account, and just leave one character open to receive the /claim?

Edit: Well that pretty much rules out what some people have been saying about the reason SOE went to only one per account instead of one per character is because of the overload to the server, since all characters on the account can own the house.
  6. Eshaac Active Member

I don't get it... why is this vet reward only "one" per account and not "one" per character-per account???

We've always been able to claim vet rewards with all characters of an account. Now we can only claim this one with "one character" for each account???

Am I misunderstanding something??

Eshaac

"just because one of his favorite sayings is "Of all the things I've lost....... I miss my mind the most"!!!
  7. Natharin Member

Okay, so now wait. Is SOE trying to drive us crazy?

I can see at this point if its a true bug and only one per character / one per account having to rectify the issue were players have claimed more than one successfully on a single character, but what the heck does this mean for those who have claimed one on more than one character at this point?

Many of us don't check the forum everyday, and SOE you are not always so quick to respond to "Hot Topic" threads which does not help us know what the heck is really going on. I mean we the player cannot just go by assuming that it was a bug anymore than we can go by assuming that maybe just maybe you actually listened to the feedback and disappointment here and hot fixed the ability of one per character in at the last minute. I mean it would not be the first time a claim item did not have the right text on it as far as the amount of /claims, etc.

Not all of us are so greedy that we would even think to use /claim more than once on the same character (as we actually had no claims left on that char prior to the 11 year vet reward) and thus did not even know that this was not actually being moved into the claimed tab. Myself I click claim and X on that window within a second as I hate things blocking my view so did not even notice that it did not move into claimed tab on my good character.

So imagine the surprise when I got on my evil character to claim some of his stuff that was earlier varied rewards and saw that he too had an 11 year reward.

I mean really "Thank You" for the IoR as despite missing a good chunk and having certain places "Closed Off" with doors (which I still don't get how a little treehouse room being open to us would effect anything and sucks as a design choice) it is an awesome home, and despite the High Chieftain being a plushie and thus no noticeable visual difference to the goblin runner (he should maybe been a replica so it displayed his name) the replicas are just pure genius. Ebik Wobblecog was one my first favorite NPC's in the game, and it was pure joy to experience his chat dialogue after so long.

However, now not only did we have to wait an extra 5 days to get the house while everyone else who was in a hurry or not the right vet level could buy it an troll us with it we have to pay for yet another SOE blunder and still do not get an expectation of what to really expect.

Sorry, but bug or not that is not our fault as the customer, and its not fair at this point to be effected or punished either. As I said I can see fixing things for people who for whatever insane reason did more than one per character, but at this point the only thing that comes across is that it will be fixed to one per account, and well for those of us who did not go out of the way to abuse it and had no idea that you may not have reconsidered how the heck are you going to fix it so that removing all but one on an account does not in some way screw over the player base who didn't abuse this?

Maybe the fix needs to be that you SOE admit you screwed up by keeping us waiting longer than we should have had to by miscalculating the time thus taking any form of temporary exclusiveness (otherwise I think its awesome that anyone can partake in this home), and now you screw up by having a bug that allowed it to issue at least once per character, and now several mistakes later your "Solution" is to punish us more.

This is understandably frustrating for you SOE, but it isn't frustrating for us. I think most of us are beyond frustrated at this point, and while I am for the most part a pretty laid back person I am really starting to get to the point of being pissed off.

You really did screw up at this point. I mean how the heck are you going to go through thousands (I would like to hope to think that at least that many 11 year vets around) of players remove all duplicates of the population pack without removing any of the extra SC bought ones players may already have in the process.

I don't mean to sound rude, but its hard to say this without maybe coming across that way, but I don't feel bad for your frustration. We pay to play this game which pays you to deal with these mistakes "Good or Bad" and as you are doing a job, performing a service, etc your frustration compared to a paying customers frustration is FAR DIFFERENT, and I put far more importance a customers frustration than an employees. Even having worked many various customer oriented jobs myself I always put more importance on a customers frustration than any I may of had for doing a job I was paid for.

Maybe after all this the right thing to do to would be to just actually make it one per character, and then somehow rectify the more than one per character issue.

Come on SOE, you know most of us are smart enough to understand that mistakes happen, but how many blunders does it take to make sure they don't happen? We shouldn't have to go through ANY frustration because of YOUR mistakes, but its okay I will make sure I spread the word in general so that when you somehow figure out how to decide whether or not we lose our furniture's and how to figure out what character should end with actually having the house (that's easy enough as you maintain with the first to have claimed to begin with) so that they don't have to be frustrated because they don't read the forum and had no way of knowing or assuming one way or another what your INTENTIONS with the house was.
    Alenna and Naramsin like this.
  8. Maltaros Active Member

For all of you complaining about the treehouse being closed off, well... It has always been that way. They would have had to create a new space there as opposed to using the one that has been there all along.
  9. Podji New Member

As a database programmer I was just wondering, is the Vet IoR different then the SC IoR Data wise? in other words can you tell by the house alone it its a Vet award or a SC, this is important to me because I see no way to accurately separate them other wise.

How are you going to solve the problem of which house to delete if you can separate them? What happened to the furniture that people may have already put in the house? These are both real hot button Items and will "throw gas on an already raging fire", (Not all veterans follow the forums and don't realize this is a bug). I don't envy the EQII team this task.

I was wonder if this will end up like the harvest depot issue where a new Depot was created the old depots where able to be kept as multiple house Items but not available from that point forward. Those that didn't take advantage of the exploited lost out while those that did where rewarded.

Not sure how this will make players happy,

To the Players I say,
    Realize that the EQII team has a monumental task in front of them with a hard date on the AoM launch a new player race, on top of fixing this bug and others. They are paying consequences for the bug, missing thing, and things that where not even their fault. so for the next few days give them some slack, they are likely to be a little grumpy from lack of sleep and way to much caffeine.

All in all Holly, CS, Devs, and the rest we do appreciate all that done for us to make EQII what it is, good, bad, or evil. Thak You and we all still Love you guys.
  10. Clash Member

It would have been a nice little usable space if they did make the treehouse usable. That may have also taken a little of the sting out of losing the back third of the island with the hill.
  11. Faelan Active Member

And as a usable space, people would be encouraged to buy (that's spend real money) the tree house amenity (or two) from the marketplace to expand it. But why bother to expand a non usable structure. More lost sales to go along with the cheapening of SOE's image and loss of customer satisfaction.
    This isle is not the Isle of Refuge, it is a prestige home based on the Isle of Refuge. If the doors did work, and someone wanted to be so exacting, then don't open the doors or utilize the spaces.
    The people who are wanting an unfurnished Isle want to make it something of their own. As I said before, I would prefer it unfurnished as well, but it's not that big a deal to me. But it is to others, and I have respected their feelings in my posts. Adding the furnishings to the plushy pack would be a very simple way to accommodate both sides. I am very surprised at how insistent some have been that this be an exact replica of the original Isle. I am not calling for the removal of the furnishings, just pointing out a way to make them optional for those who do not want them.
    I was around for the original, and can be nostalgic about it at times, but time has moved on, and there is enough of the Isle here to help bring back some good memories. But if it is to be a house for one of my characters, I would like it to at least be a fully usable house! Imagine if the winter cabin or Halloween house did not have working access. That is how the non working doors have made me feel about the IoR house.
    Now the whole claiming more than one bug is fast turning this from a simple fiasco to a debacle. If SOE is going to have to sort it out and basically have to make a clean slate, why not make the changes that so many are asking for? It would go a long way to salvaging the whole situation.
    Naramsin likes this.
  12. Ratza Well-Known Member

I think the answer is pretty obvious....they hope to make money off it with SC sales.
    Naramsin likes this.
  13. Nicolos Active Member

And I am very sorry, but this sounds false. I understand the multiple claims per character being a bug but the rest? You say you can't make this particular reward 1 per character yet you can make all previous vet rewards 1 per, including the mistmoore manor which is also a prestige house? No, this is capitalizing on you're longest customers and it's a new low even for SOE. First you sell the vet reward a week before veterans can even claim it then you mess it up due to tweaking code for greedy motives. So now, on top of the weeklong wait, you are causing even more grief to your veterans by "fixing" this code that wasn't broken in the first place. Happy Anniversary from SOE!
    Tkia and Naramsin like this.
  14. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Any confirmation if and how this will be fixed?

I don't envy you guys the CS mire you are in one bit over this multi-claim issue. If you revert it to one claim per account, you have to deal with getting furniture back to people from houses that no longer exist plus complaints of folks who missed, ignored, or thought the 1-per-account restriction was dumped, many of whom will probably find that the one isle left to them was not left on the character they most wanted it for. Not to mention the people who payed vets in plat for copies of the NPC replicas to be placed in their houses.

But if you don't revert it, you will have complaints far and wide by the numerous vets who saw the issue, obeyed the restriction, and claimed one (or none yet); and who will feel cheated because following the rules gave them only one house while people who claimed several get to keep them.
  15. Clash Member

I don't see this mentioned in today's update.
  16. Hijinx Well-Known Member

This has me worried too. I accidentally /claimed it twice on one character, but haven't unpacked the 2nd claim or purchased a second house. I'm really just concerned about the items in on my Isle. As long as those things don't go poof, I can live with whatever the solution is.
  17. Haro New Member

Got my island a few days ago and spent already about 40 hours on decorating. I was waiting for a home like this. You have a lot of different areas with a few decorations. Each area can be decorated in a different theme. And unlike in many other homes, where you have to run long distances, you can use your flying mount. I started to build a real castle at the tower area and a harbor with stone walls. Enough talking, going back to build stuff ;)
  18. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

Now you just have to hope that their solution to all the multiple claiming bug isn't to nuke everyone's houses and reset everything, thus losing all you hard work. I'm not touching the Isle till the bug is sorted, just in case.
  19. LordTiras Well-Known Member

For anyone who has already decorated the daylights out of an island, my suggestion to you is to save the decoration layouts, just in case the fix is that they have to bundle all of your furniture, revert the /claim and the house entirely, and then let you claim it again. Which, IMO, is the leading candidate for resolution. So save those layouts, or be ready to have to do it all again...
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  20. Natharin Member

Well I don't see anything in the patch notes about how this was fixed, and the only thing in game visually is seeing the actual /claim now say "1 Remaining".

The character that did take the house and added it does still also have his isle, my other character still has an unpack in his inventory as I did not know that the intention of how it was being given out wasn't actually changed until after I logged into the forums and saw that there was no actual change of heart just it being a bug.

So are we to assume that the fix for this is in and done or do we still have to worry about the extra houses disappearing at some point here in the very near future?

I mean it would be nice to know sooner than later what the final decree is on how this is/was handled so that those who also did not know (I mean not everyone follows the news for the game or the forums) and did claim even one per character don't get to far into things here.